Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Karma

AuthorMessageTime
CupHead
People need to stop posting +1/-1 messages. It's annoying, and quite frankly, your YaBB karmic value doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. The only reason some of these posts have replies is because people are talking about how they +1/-1'd some idiotic thing someone said. Rather than get into that, why not just click the Applaud/Smite button and get on with life? Why do you feel we need to know your reason for clicking a mouse button? Seriously, come on.

Obviously if I didn't say this, some moron would think he was being hilarious and post a +1/-1 message in response. Yeah, go ahead, get it out of your system, you mindless twit.
April 27, 2003, 3:54 AM
Thing
I think you need to relax and go outside for a minute. Take a walk around the block and kick a kitten or something. You'll feel much better. >:D

[edit] I smite thee - I applaude myself [/edit]
April 27, 2003, 4:13 AM
CupHead
The karma posts are deceptively useful. You think, "Hey, maybe someone posted a reply to this. I'd like to see how that problem was worked out." Instead, you see 15 people posting about how they +1/-1'd someone for some inane reason! YaBB needs to die for introducing such a stupid "feature".
April 27, 2003, 4:23 AM
Thing
There have been a few times when I have been quite entertained by the "Karma Post":

[quote]Google also has other joke languages... klingon, bork bork bork, pig latin, korean, and elmer fudd :)[/quote]
[quote]+1 to Ickypoopy for saying Korean is a joke language.[/quote]

Now that was pretty damn funny, even if I said it myself. You know you smiled when you read that.

I understand your frustration at following a thread only to be dashed to the jagged rocks below by a mindless "+1 to Jimbob for not pissing his pants" post. I still think that you need to kick the kitty. Either that or ask somebody to disable the Karma Mod in the forum.

April 27, 2003, 4:57 AM
Invert
Cup: You are stupid for taking the time to analyze people that do that. Who cares?

-1 for you!
April 27, 2003, 5:35 AM
CupHead
[me=CupHead]notices that you took the time to evaluate and read this thread.[/me]

(Not to mention giving me -1 for it.) Way to go, hypocrite.
April 27, 2003, 5:45 AM
tA-Kane
+1 to CupHead for realizing how stupid Karma is.
-1 to CupHead for complaining about it

CupHead gets 0 for both.
April 27, 2003, 7:16 AM
iago
Bah, somebody already did it, but I'll do it again because I'm like that.

-1 to Cuphead for complaining about Karma.

Ps. Only useless threads end up degrading into Karma wars, threads that woudln't go anywhere anyway. Feel free to post a non-karmaic response to any of them if you feel the post deserves a better response!
April 27, 2003, 8:17 AM
Yoni
This reply is to inform you, the readers, that I have given CupHead either +1 or -1 for this thread. Whether a +1 or a -1 was given will not be disclosed, nor the reason of the applause/smiting.
April 27, 2003, 11:12 AM
Spht
[quote author=Yoni link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=0#msg8587 date=1051441953]
This reply is to inform you, the readers, that I have given CupHead either +1 or -1 for this thread. Whether a +1 or a -1 was given will not be disclosed, nor the reason of the applause/smiting.
[/quote]

Muwahaha.

I agree with CupHead that Karma change notifications shouldn't be made in the programming forums - it just throws the thread off topic. However, it is usually humorous correctly placed in the fun forums.
April 27, 2003, 1:34 PM
St0rm.iD
[me=St0rm.iD]definately DIDN'T give CupHead a -1[/me]

damn I can't keep a straight face.
April 27, 2003, 2:55 PM
Arta
[quote]+1 to Ickypoopy for saying Korean is a joke language.[/quote]

That was totally hilarious, the first karmic joke I've seen that's actually been funny :)
April 27, 2003, 6:22 PM
Adron
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=0#msg8591 I agree with CupHead that Karma change notifications shouldn't be made in the programming forums - it just throws the thread off topic. However, it is usually humorous correctly placed in the fun forums.
[quote][/quote]

I agree. A Karma change notification that doesn't add value to the thread posted in a forum that I moderate will be deleted. In addition to that, the poster of the notification may be banned.
April 27, 2003, 6:44 PM
iago
[me=iago]points out that, since Adron is admin, he moderates all forums[/me]
April 27, 2003, 7:01 PM
Spht
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=0#msg8603 date=1051470114]
[/quote]

No, he moderates a few selected forums and administrates all forums. =P
April 27, 2003, 7:11 PM
Arta
-1 to Cuphead for posting this and then stealing karmabot idea.
April 27, 2003, 8:45 PM
iago
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=0#msg8607 date=1051470700]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He can delete posts from all forums, though, and that was his point, -1 to spht for .. that.

And I agree with Arta about the irony of Cuphead implementing Karma :)
April 27, 2003, 9:30 PM
Invert
After making this post this is what Cuphead tells me in the channel: " -1 to Invert[vL] for using profanity."

He called me a hypocrite? He needs to look in the mirror.
April 28, 2003, 5:06 AM
CupHead
Maybe you didn't read the last two posts, Invert?
April 28, 2003, 5:26 AM
Adron
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=15#msg8623 date=1051479040]
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=1162;start=0#msg8607 date=1051470700]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He can delete posts from all forums, though, and that was his point, -1 to spht for .. that.

And I agree with Arta about the irony of Cuphead implementing Karma :)
[/quote]

I pointed out in my post that I'd only be doing something about useless karma posts in forums that I moderate.

Yes, I can delete posts in any forum, but I'd only do that if there's a really important and urgent reason to do so myself instead of waiting for the forum moderator. Some post being off-topic doesn't qualify.

May 3, 2003, 10:25 PM

Search