Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Differences between logins

AuthorMessageTime
Okee
I checked out bnet docs, and SC/BW's logon sequence looks pretty much the same as Diablo II's. I was wondering why when my bot tries to connect as Diablo II, it gets invalid version, yet it can connect as SC/BW. I have the most current hash files (assuming www.bnetweb.com has the most current) and I have the version byte updated to what bnet docs has it set to - 0x0A.

Anyone know why this might be happenin?
May 12, 2005, 5:17 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Okee link=topic=11570.msg112236#msg112236 date=1115875067]
I checked out bnet docs, and SC/BW's logon sequence looks pretty much the same as Diablo II's. I was wondering why when my bot tries to connect as Diablo II, it gets invalid version, yet it can connect as SC/BW. I have the most current hash files (assuming www.bnetweb.com has the most current) and I have the version byte updated to what bnet docs has it set to - 0x0A.

Anyone know why this might be happenin?
[/quote]

Are you trying to logon D2 Classic or D2 LOD?
Its possible your hash's are for D2 Classic (if your trying to logon LOD)
Or just generaly out of date.
Other than that, what order are you putting the files into the checkrevision function?
May 12, 2005, 5:25 AM
UserLoser.
Expansion files on Diablo II can only be used for expansion logon, and classic can only be used as classic.  Make sure you have it right.  It's not like Starcraft/Brood War & Warcraft III/The Frozen Throne where the expansion files can be used for classic logon.
May 12, 2005, 5:40 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=11570.msg112238#msg112238 date=1115876428]
Expansion files on Diablo II can only be used for expansion logon, and classic can only be used as classic.  Make sure you have it right.  It's not like Starcraft/Brood War & Warcraft III/The Frozen Throne where the expansion files can be used for classic logon.
[/quote]
You used to be able to.
May 12, 2005, 7:06 AM
Okee
That must be it. I thought they used to be backwards compatible. Thanks.
May 12, 2005, 6:59 PM

Search