Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | WCG 2005 Tournament

AuthorMessageTime
Mephisto
Is anyone here going to participate in any of the WCG 2005 preliminaries?  It's not too late to sign up; http://www.worldcybergames.com for more information!  Depending on your location/game(s) of choice you can participate at local or online preliminaries in your area!

I'm participating in the Warcraft III Online preliminary on the alias eLveN_PhoeNix.  That's also my current alias on USWest for practicing new strategies/styles which I have been playing on lately, so give me a a message on it if you want to play/practice (W3XP only; not WAR3!).
May 8, 2005, 2:14 AM
hismajesty
Can you compete from home or do you have to go to those places listed? San Francisco, Korea, etc..
May 8, 2005, 2:40 PM
Mephisto
For Starcraft/Warcraft III you can compete in the online preliminary for the U.S. only.  Otherwise you have to go to local LAN qualifiers, then to regional LAN qualifiers, then go to the country's final and then you get a trip to Singapore for the grand finals.
May 8, 2005, 4:22 PM
Hostile
I was a ref last year, maybe this year.
May 9, 2005, 5:52 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=Hostile link=topic=11517.msg111639#msg111639 date=1115617935]
I was a ref last year, maybe this year.
[/quote]

Explain please, I'm interested to know.  Like which game did you ref?  Were you at the grand finals in San Fransico (that's where WCG 2004 GF were held last year).
May 10, 2005, 10:35 PM
Option
im registered in Halo 2 for wcg. im playing at a local lan center thats im assuming has been qualified to do this, lol. but i probably wont win there cause one of the guys competing is a lvl 29 and he can melee only 7v1 and win, while everyone else can shoot. ><
June 13, 2005, 1:10 PM
Darkness
There are way too many crazy people who's whole lives are video games for me to be able to win. I have like a 50% win ratio at warcraft III (66% for solo, but still...)
June 23, 2005, 5:18 AM
Hostile
Yes, I was at the SF finals last year (they even pay your hotel room for the days of the finals!) It was for Unreal Tournament. I think they're dropping that game this year so Warcraft3 would probably be the only game I'd be competent in.
June 30, 2005, 5:24 AM

Search