Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | FindWindowEx

AuthorMessageTime
Spam
im having problems with this api. i'm trying to find the hwnd of the "Edit" box on battle.net client. this is where its located -> Starcraft -> SlDgDialog -> Edit
one problem i seem to find is that theres more then 1 SlDgDialog (i may have typo'd name here) and i need to make it choose the correct one. can anyone help me? im pretty sure i gotta use the Findwindowex api after i find sc's hwnd of course.
May 5, 2005, 7:16 AM
Yegg
Did you try looking around on pscode.com? It may have something useful on there.
May 5, 2005, 8:12 PM
Spam
Yes ive looked at it but i couldn't find anything that could help me with the problem of mine.
May 5, 2005, 9:53 PM
Yegg
I personally can't help you on this, but if you don't get any luck soon, you can try asking for help on forums.devshed.com. It's where I usually go for programming forums. But there are many skilled programmers on that site in many different languages who can hopefully help you with your problem. I know the Visual Basic 6 section has some active question answerers (excuse my grammar) who know a great deal about VB6. Hope that site helps.
May 6, 2005, 1:49 AM
dRAgoN
Might want to look up the EnumChildWindows api.
May 6, 2005, 1:29 PM
Spam
k ill try that. thnx
May 6, 2005, 6:41 PM
Spam
u use that for mdi child right? well these classes arnt child's of the program so i dont think its gona work.
May 8, 2005, 10:30 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I child windows are windows created by the parent thread, not necessarily MDI Child forms.
May 8, 2005, 3:17 PM
dRAgoN
Enumerating windows
this is what i was trying to get at, if you didnt catch on.
May 10, 2005, 5:31 AM

Search