Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | B.Net Stats

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
Would how I add bnet stats to a web page?
Like...USERS ONLINE:
CURRENT GAMES:
April 25, 2003, 12:21 AM
St0rm.iD
You'd write a bot that logs on the chat gateway as anonymous, does queries, then takes the results of the queries and pass them to a PHP page on your server which updates the statistics on the web.
April 25, 2003, 12:47 AM
Camel
or you could just make a frame linking to http://ads.battle.net/publicstats
=P
April 26, 2003, 4:05 AM
St0rm.iD
I refuse to put a reference to a domain with "ads" in it.
April 26, 2003, 2:51 PM
iago
Even though it's not actually an ad? :P
April 26, 2003, 6:24 PM
MesiaH
or you could just use msinet.ocx on that page, and filter out the image. w00t?
April 26, 2003, 6:47 PM
tA-Kane
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=17;threadid=1149;start=0#msg8514 date=1051368711]I refuse to put a reference to a domain with "ads" in it.[/quote]Do you own a domain? Create a CNAME for ads.battle.net (using your DNS server), and put a reference to your CNAME entry instead.

If you don't own a domain or don't control your domain's subdomains (such as what you get from most free domain registrars), you could get someone else to do it for you...
*cough* ;)

Of course, this won't work if their servers actually look at the host field of the HTTP request.
April 26, 2003, 11:05 PM
Arta
You could, in fact, write a PHP script (or ASP, or whatever) that logs onto Bnet as CHAT and performs whatever queries you need. It might be a bit slow to run in real-time but you could run it periodically and cache the results for display on your page.
April 27, 2003, 7:21 PM
MesiaH
or u could do somethin dumb like i did, make an activex control, use it with a php script, itd be a bit faster, but since the user controls it, youd have to keep it open on ur computer to do it, or something i dunno blah. o btw, its at http://www.atomic-inc.net/cb/cbexpress2.html
April 27, 2003, 9:56 PM

Search