Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Email more harmful that pot?

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/22/text.iq/index.html
April 22, 2005, 9:10 PM
iago
[quote]Half of all workers respond to an e-mail within 60 minutes of receiving one[/quote]

I'd like to meet these people.  I normally have to wait days, unless the person is somebody who works at their desk.
April 22, 2005, 9:32 PM
Twix
Maybe they to busy smoking pot to repsond
April 22, 2005, 9:33 PM
JoeTheOdd
BS.
April 22, 2005, 9:42 PM
iago
I think it's fairly understable, actually.  I find that email and instant messaging is very VERY distracting when I try to work.  I turn off Gaim and monitor my important email account (in case something horrible happens) when I study or do homework.  Otherwise, I get nothing done.  I suppose that's along the same line as drug abuse.
April 22, 2005, 10:17 PM
Yoni
The article is dumb.

"He found the IQ of those who tried to juggle messages and work fell by 10 points -- the equivalent to missing a whole night's sleep and more than double the 4-point fall seen after smoking marijuana."

Hey, I'll trade you 10 IQ points for a good night's sleep. (What? IQ points don't exist. Stop making stuff up.)
April 22, 2005, 10:30 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Read that today. I hate text messaging so im ok there.
April 22, 2005, 11:03 PM
LW-Falcon
I try to get as far away as my comp when I'm doing homework cause I find IMs and chatting too distractive.
April 23, 2005, 3:44 AM
iago
See, I'm doing Computer Science, my homework involves programming...

But I tend to drag my other laptop somewhere internetless :)
April 23, 2005, 4:30 AM

Search