Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Bus relationships

AuthorMessageTime
Yoni
Have you ever had a forced conversation with someone? It's the one where you have to talk, but there is nothing to talk about. For instance, when a person you sort-of know runs into you on the bus, and sits next to you, so you almost have to talk to them until one of you gets off the bus.

So, I met Hally (what kind of stupid name is Hally, anyway?) on the bus sometime around last week. I was on the bus first, and she got on at some station, saw me, said "Hey!" and sat next to me. We started chatting, and about 28 seconds later, it turned into a forced chat. (I was the one trying to make conversation, and she was the one that wasn't cooperating.) Some time later I got off.

The same thing happened this week. Same chick, same circumstances. Only it was more like:
Hally: Hi. You seem tired...
Me (I wasn't tired): Err, kinda, not really, eh, whatever. I guess. (Semi-sleep until end of bus ride)
Me: Well, bye.
Hally: Nice chatting with you.

I concluded that I must face a tough decision, as I am likely to meet her many times on the bus. I have two choices. I can either socialize, and maintain a healthy bus-relationship, or I can shut her down to get more bus time.

I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.
April 22, 2005, 7:22 PM
Intangir
hahhaha
sounds like an episode of seinfeld

what do you mean shut her down?

April 22, 2005, 7:56 PM
Yoni
I took the phrase from Weird Al's song, "Ode to a Superhero" (album: Poodle Hat).

"And M.J. is all hot for Peter now,
But Peter, he just shuts her down."

Basically, ignore her purposely.
April 22, 2005, 8:00 PM
CrAz3D
Talk until there is nothing to talk about, then stop talking
April 22, 2005, 8:35 PM
nslay
Grow a beard and then eat fried chicken on the bus...she surely won't talk to you if you don't use a napkin.  While you're at it, don't wear deodorant and dress funny.
April 22, 2005, 8:50 PM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=Yoni link=topic=11357.msg109464#msg109464 date=1114200021]
I took the phrase from Weird Al's song, "Ode to a Superhero" (album: Poodle Hat).
[/quote]They played that at our Amusement park. It was funny seeing people hearing it for the first

I only go on the expensive coach buses, so I wouldn't know what to do if this happened to me.
April 22, 2005, 8:56 PM
K
This happens to me all the time.  I live off-campus, so I ride the bus to class when the weather is nasty.  Occasionally I run into this girl named Leanne who I vaguely know because she is friends with my roommate.  Pretty much everything after "hello" is forced chit chat.  Either I have to sit there and struggle to think of things to talk about for the 10 minute bus ride, or awkwardly end the conversation and stare out the window for about 8 minutes.
April 22, 2005, 11:05 PM
Yoni
Yeah! What kind of stupid name is Leanne, anyway??
April 22, 2005, 11:54 PM
LW-Falcon
I don't really say much if I'm tired or have nothing to say. But I guess it depends on your mood that day.
April 23, 2005, 3:42 AM
JoeTheOdd
Nobody ever sits by me. :)
April 23, 2005, 4:47 AM
laurion
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11357.msg109547#msg109547 date=1114231674]
Nobody ever sits by me. :)
[/quote]
In other words, Yoni, just stop showering.  :P
April 23, 2005, 8:37 PM
Archangel
Actually, i met my old girlfriend in the bus lol so shh!
April 23, 2005, 9:42 PM
Spht
You have Kavorka, Yoni.  It is a Latvian word which means "the lure of the animal."  Women are drawn to you.  They would give anything to be possessed by you.  Listen very carefully.  I want you to buy ten cloves of garlic, three quarts of vinegar, ...
April 23, 2005, 9:58 PM
JoeTheOdd
LOL Spht!
April 23, 2005, 11:08 PM
peofeoknight
rofl... I understand this situation completely! I hate having to make conversation, it is really lame. I just act like I am a really quite person in those circumstances because that usually happens when I am around someone who does not know me very well. Often times that is because I do not like the person all that much.
April 24, 2005, 1:38 AM
Hostile
She was clearly trying to make conversation. Perhaps she was sexually attracted to you, and because you couldn't make up your mind on wether you were tired or not, blew your chance of having sex with her, perhaps even while still on that bus. You failed, Yoni.
April 29, 2005, 6:20 AM

Search