Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | My principal was fired!

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.ktsm.com/story_news.sstg?c=c7a667d31ee44fb4
WTF!?....for letting news crews on campus?!  Our new superintendent is a moron.  He is totally throwing the district up side down
April 20, 2005, 4:20 AM
CrAz3D
Anyone have some cool original protest ideas?

When we graduate we generally shake the hand of the schoolboard & the superintendent...I plan to walk right by them & am gonna try to get the whole class to do the same.
April 20, 2005, 3:42 PM
JoeTheOdd
Wow, thats a tad bit totally gay.
April 20, 2005, 10:28 PM
CrAz3D
Heck yeah!  We've started lovely protests/petitions/shirts & such, much fun.
April 20, 2005, 11:38 PM
Trance
At my school we just had a protest, everyone walked out of thier 4th period class ... the way they got the word out was text messaging everyone. :P So I suggest that to be a good way to get the word out. Although your new administration may find out, as ours did.
April 22, 2005, 5:33 AM
CrAz3D
In a nearby city they had the principal's permission to stage a walk out protesting the changing of their schedule.  When the walk out was supposed to end no one went back to class (they stupidly did it in the middle of the day).  Police came in, people got pushy, violence broke out & kids threw bricks @ officers.  Then officers forcefully broke it up.

Now there are law suits against police/school for police brutality.  How sad...stupid kids

We have another rally @ the central school office today @ 12:30, this isn't gonna stop it seems.
April 22, 2005, 2:28 PM
KkBlazekK
The lesbians and gays at our school staged a walkout for gay/lesbian rights and they all got suspended. Word.
April 22, 2005, 2:36 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=11333.msg109404#msg109404 date=1114180606]
The lesbians and gays at our school staged a walkout for gay/lesbian rights and they all got suspended. Word.
[/quote]That's awesome!<3!

Our whole town is up in arms pretty much over this.  Our paper is full of pro-Ogas stuff, 4 local news stations have this as top stories, there are rallies day after day.  A letter to the editor in today's paper tells a story of a 12 year old girl that has worked w/Ogas through a community group & personally called & spoke to Martinez.  Martinez, is seems, began to agressively comment on what this girl was doing, say she had no business calling him & proceeded to yell @ the girl's mother when she hand her the phone & began to cry!

Freakin A!  This guy has GOT to go.
April 22, 2005, 5:54 PM
iago
This is all so lame.  Don't people have better things to do than "protest" stupid things like schedule changes?  Whoever organized it needs to seriously get a life, and realize that the #1 reason that most people walk out is because they don't want to go to school.
April 22, 2005, 6:08 PM
CrAz3D
Schedule changes are something to protest.  If you are seriously against something than you should make yourself heard.
April 22, 2005, 8:38 PM
iago
Seriously against schedule changes?  Sounds like an excuse to make a ruckus.
April 22, 2005, 8:47 PM
CrAz3D
well, it depends on the type of change.  In this case they were talking about going from 4 classes aday to 8 a day...big diff i think
April 22, 2005, 8:49 PM
iago
Assuming a standard 8 hour day, are they now doing 16 hour days? Or are classes shorter?  If they shortened classes to fit more in, I don't see that as something to be angry about.
April 22, 2005, 8:51 PM
CrAz3D
Classes are shorter, meaning more stressful class periods & more homework. 
April 22, 2005, 9:11 PM
iago
I found the longer classes were more stressful.  I do better in 50 minute classes than 90 minute (the 2 standard lengths at my University), and I did better in both than I did in the 120-minute classes, which were torture. 

Some people like it one way, some probably like it the other.  Is it really worth fighting about?
April 22, 2005, 9:31 PM
CrAz3D
http://www.ktsm.com/story_news.sstg?c=1dcedf9156bb4786
It looks like our superintendent is a HUGE jerk...I think he is gonna be gone soon
April 28, 2005, 12:33 AM
KkBlazekK
Wow... Yelling at a twelve year old and then her parents? :-\
April 28, 2005, 12:36 AM
CrAz3D
The student's have also found a police report that says he beat his wife.  He says he regretted it & turned himself in.  It looks like this guy has a proble of not controling himself then trying to retract what he did
April 28, 2005, 12:38 AM
KkBlazekK
Sounds like hes either a bad alcoholic or a very agressive person.. I'm going with both.
April 28, 2005, 12:39 AM
CrAz3D
Possibly so!...but he was at the office when the little girl called & go yelled at so I'd REALLY hope he wasnt drunk at the time.

I bet he is gone REALLY soon though, at least I hope he is.  He is worse than our last superintendent.

Our last superintendent was offered millions of dollars (we are a rather small city with low funding) to stay & he left any way.  3 of the school board members were voted out in the next election & the other 2 were recalled.  I wond if we recall this board too
April 28, 2005, 12:47 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=11333.msg109404#msg109404 date=1114180606]
[/quote]

Hurray!
April 28, 2005, 12:58 AM

Search