Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNCSutil 1.0.3

AuthorMessageTime
shadypalm88
BNCSutil 1.0.3 has been released.  This release includes some tidying of the NLS code and the addition of a function to simplify NLS password changes.  When you use it to generate the SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTCHANGEPROOF packet, it returns a new NLS struct pointer for the username's new password to use in the login, while preserving the original to check the server password proof in the packet's reply.  (If you don't check server proofs, you can just free the original right away.)  I've also added a bug tracker, so if you run into a bug now, that's the place to go.

Also the example bot has been updated to illustrate password changes, and now also checks NLS server signatures and password proofs.  A couple UI things were tweaked as well (if you start to change the config, the bot will disconnect you to prevent weird things from happening, the password fields are now obfuscated, and if you use it to create an account, it will have you confirm the password).

So now everything's been added that I thought would be useful.  I'll continue to maintain it, and if some good, useful request comes in I'll might add it, but I'm probably done.  It is open source, so if anyone feels the need they can add capabilities to it.
April 17, 2005, 4:08 AM
iago
The one thing you're missing is account upgrades.  I've never actually seen that in the "real world", though, but I think I have the code for it. :)
April 17, 2005, 8:18 AM
warz
Neither of the source file links work. Anyone have a copy of this? Or know of any mirrors?
April 18, 2005, 9:28 PM
Networks
/http://www.zeroforce.net currently has some
April 18, 2005, 9:57 PM
shadypalm88
[quote author=warz link=topic=11299.msg109013#msg109013 date=1113859701]
Neither of the source file links work. Anyone have a copy of this? Or know of any mirrors?
[/quote]Sorry.  The links should work now.
April 19, 2005, 12:17 AM
NetNX
Nice work eric now how about helping us convert that  Diablo II ingame packet decompression dll :)

-Zac
April 20, 2005, 2:45 PM
UserLoser.
I think it's a bit funny that probably 80%+ of the people here unfortunately use BnetAuth.dll for many things, but still ask for a library to decompress D2 ingame packets...
April 20, 2005, 6:42 PM
shadypalm88
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=11299.msg109143#msg109143 date=1114008347]
Nice work eric now how about helping us convert that  Diablo II ingame packet decompression dll :)

-Zac
[/quote]
Sure, Zac, just IM me whenever you want to work on packaging the code that you wrote to work in a DLL.

[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=11299.msg109172#msg109172 date=1114022553]
I think it's a bit funny that probably 80%+ of the people here unfortunately use BnetAuth.dll for many things, but still ask for a library to decompress D2 ingame packets...
[/quote]Thanks for rudely contributing absolutely nothing to a conversation whose context you did not understand.
April 20, 2005, 9:19 PM
JoeTheOdd
UserLoser, is there any non-malicious way to use that? All I can possibly think about is ingame spambots and baal/diablo/mephisto bots, all of which would obviously be backdoored.
April 20, 2005, 9:31 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11299.msg109189#msg109189 date=1114032692]
UserLoser, is there any non-malicious way to use that? All I can possibly think about is ingame spambots and baal/diablo/mephisto bots, all of which would obviously be backdoored.
[/quote]

I think that's obvious.  Don't add malicious code into your bot?

[quote author=shadypalm88 link=topic=11299.msg109188#msg109188 date=1114031984]
Thanks for rudely contributing absolutely nothing to a conversation whose context you did not understand.
[/quote]

Thanks for rudely responding absolute nonsense.  I think I know what I understand and what I do not.  Sorry if I ruined part of your attempt to gain world popularity as it seems you don't need my help with something I've done in the past more than once

By the way, isn't there some rule against advertising on these forums?
April 20, 2005, 10:16 PM
iago
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=11299.msg109197#msg109197 date=1114035410]
By the way, isn't there some rule against advertising on these forums?
[/quote]

Yeah, and it's also now against the rules to post code, because that's just like advertising your code. 

He made a product that is useful to bot developers, and he's keeping the Bot-development community up-to-date on it.  It's designed to help people, being opensource, and a very handy tool.  Let's all thank him for it!

Also, let's all be friends here...
April 20, 2005, 10:57 PM
NetNX
I have no desire for ingame spam bots i only want to be able to parse the ingame character list and text so that my chat bot will be able to go into a diablo ii game and chat with people who are in it i dont plan on having any sort of 'Spam' feature because when i played diablo ii i hated those damn bots... the last thing i would want to do is add to the problem... and as for backdoors i've pretty much decided that isn't a good way to go about making your bot 'good'.

Eric ill message you later today...
April 21, 2005, 2:20 PM
Okee
Hey.

I've been replacing my old logon functions with your functions from the source provided, of BNCSUtil 1.0.3. My bot is in C++, so I've been pretty much just looking at how you used the functions in VB, and using the function found in the source code. Anyways, when putting the checkRevision() function into my own project, it gave me an error saying error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'extractMPQNumber' and fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found. I messed around with it awhile, and couldn't get passed this error message. So, I just added every single source file provided relating to your BNCSUtil project into my project, and it still gets this error. I think it has something to do with the MEXP part of [code]MEXP(int) checkRevision(...)[/code] It always points to whatever is above that MEXP part, such as your extractMPQNumber function in your own project. Maybe the #defines and #ifdefs relating to the definition of MEXP aren't letting it be defined or something? Anyone know whats wrong?
May 2, 2005, 9:55 PM
OnlyMeat
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=11299.msg109267#msg109267 date=1114093224]
I have no desire for ingame spam bots i only want to be able to parse the ingame character list and text so that my chat bot will be able to go into a diablo ii game and chat with people who are in it i dont plan on having any sort of 'Spam' feature because when i played diablo ii i hated those damn bots... the last thing i would want to do is add to the problem...
[/quote]

Well, thats nice and all, but as soon as someone releases the source for one of these things there will be a flood of spam bots. Thats the main reason i refuse to release my game bot sources.

The d2 community suffers enough with dupes and other lame hacks.
May 2, 2005, 11:38 PM

Search