Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | DVD Chapter Extraction

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
My dad has to do a power point for one of his classes.  The group that his is in wants to use a single chapter from a movie that they rented.  Issues of legality aside, how could I extract a single chapter from the dvd?  What program would be best to accomplish this so that I could put the extracted chapter into a power point presentation?
April 16, 2005, 3:22 PM
iago
CloneDVD (by Slysoft) can rip a specific chapter, but I *think* you have to burn it.  It can rip to an image file,  I think, so maybe you can mount that image using Daemon Tools?

Or rip the entire dvd to an image file, and mount it with Daemon Tools, and just skip to the chapter? Or does it need to be actually IN the presentation?
April 16, 2005, 3:56 PM
CrAz3D
Well, I think my dad is deciding his professor might not like the fact that a rented dvd was illegally ripped...so their just gonna show it on the side from the actual dvd
April 16, 2005, 4:26 PM
LordNevar
CloneDVD, Just do a google search for it, and it should be what your looking for.
April 17, 2005, 1:53 AM
JoeTheOdd
I had the same question a while back, but never brought it up. How would I rip a section of a DVD, from point X:XX:XX to point Y:YY:YY to a GIF?
April 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11293.msg108930#msg108930 date=1113778606]
I had the same question a while back, but never brought it up. How would I rip a section of a DVD, from point X:XX:XX to point Y:YY:YY to a GIF?
[/quote]

Are you serious??

That's going to be a HUGE file dude and a LOT of quality lost.  30 frames per second IIRC at 720x480.  Beyond a few seconds you're going to have a massive GIF file.  That's why we use other compression methods nowadays.
April 19, 2005, 12:03 AM
JoeTheOdd
I'm open to other ones. Also, this is for my personal use, and its only going to be about five seconds. I want to rip the part of LotR: RotK where Merry and Pippin are dancing on the table and drinking beer at the green dragon.
April 19, 2005, 1:57 AM
dRAgoN
Why not just record the piece you want to use, then screen shot frame for frame what you need, and glue it all together.
April 19, 2005, 12:17 PM
JoeTheOdd
Woah.. you have too much time on your hands. Unless you mean using an automated process to do so, which I belive is an excellent idea.
April 19, 2005, 8:59 PM

Search