Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Re: [VB]Handling 0x09

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
[code]        strIP = Asc(Mid(strTempData, 1, 1)) & "." & _
              Asc(Mid(strTempData, 2, 1)) & "." & _
              Asc(Mid(strTempData, 3, 1)) & "." & _
              Asc(Mid(strTempData, 4, 1))[/code]

I suggest using a function, as this is done in many packets, if I'm correct. Its also used in proxy handling, which many bots have.

[code]Public Function DWORDtoIP(DWORD as Long) as String
    Dim IP as String * 11
    For i = 1 to 4
        IP = IP and Asc(Mid(DWORD, i, 1)
    Next i
    DWORDtoIP = IP
End Function

Public Function IPtoDWORD(IP as Long) as Long
    Dim DWORD as String * 4, Splt(0 to 4) as String
    Splt = Split(IP, ".")
    For i = 1 to 4
        DWORD = DWORD and Chr(CLng(Splt(i)))
    Next i
    IPtoDWORD = CLng(DWORD)
End Function[/code]
April 15, 2005, 3:07 AM
UserLoser.
Just use inet_addr and inet_ntoa instead of using much less efficient vb code

Example:
inet_addr(255.255.255.255) = 0xffffffff
unsigned long addr = 0x12345678;
inet_ntoa(*(struct in_addr*)&addr)) = 120.86.52.18
April 15, 2005, 3:09 AM
JoeTheOdd
Huh? Mind posting a VB code snippet to call the C++ function or whatever it is?
April 15, 2005, 4:00 AM
LoRd
inet_addr()
inet_ntoa()

Standard Windows API calls...
April 15, 2005, 4:17 AM
Kp
As a side note, inet_addr is obsolete and should not be used in new code.  You should instead use inet_aton.
April 15, 2005, 4:37 AM
dRAgoN
Not to be rude lol but can somone split this into the general forum, and re-lock it for now.
edit: This way if I ever fix anything the post is not like 3 pages away from the original info.
If I could edit my posts while the thread was locked I wouldent have asked for it to be unlocked though I think theres a limit on how much text I can add to it anyways.

The reasons I did that for the IP instead of going with eg. inet_ntoa, was to keep it as simple as possible and to show how to do this manualy (doubt there's many here familiar with the function anyways), which I was going to do with GetLong in the begining but I'm sure noone wanted to see (((b*(2^8))*(2^8))*(2^8)) etc etc etc..
Eventualy you'll probably find more things that could be done better, which should be done at your own discretion.
April 15, 2005, 8:03 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=11287.msg108652#msg108652 date=1113552201]
Not to be rude lol but can somone split this into the general forum, and re-lock it for now.
[/quote]
I would have, but I thought you didn't want it locked at the moment.  Topic split.
April 15, 2005, 8:51 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=11287.msg108656#msg108656 date=1113555077]
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=11287.msg108652#msg108652 date=1113552201]
[/quote]
I would have, but I thought you didn't want it locked at the moment.  Topic split.
[/quote]
I was going to complete it the night of my last post to the thread, but I kept getting side tracked with other crap, and at the moment I dont have vb6 installed on this pc, and its about a 36 hour walk from here to get my cd's, so it may be awhile.
April 15, 2005, 9:47 AM
JoeTheOdd
Thanks MyndFyre. Didn't mean to spark a whole big thing, just wanted to make a suggestion.

Hrm, LoRd[nK], I've never really used DLL functions before. Mind giving a bit of help here? I hope I got this right, but I don't know if I did.

[code]Public Declare Function inet_addr Lib Ws2_32.dll (in as String)
'// inet_addr is used as an IPtoDWORD function.

Public Declare Function inet_ntoa Lib Ws2_32.dll (in as String)
'// inet_ntoa is used as a DWORDtoIP function.

Public Function IPtoDWORD(IP as String) as Long
    '// This is used as a wrapper for the inet_addr function, providing an easier to remember name.
    IPtoDWORD = inet_addr(IP)
End Function

Public Function DWORDtoIP(DWORD as Long) as String
    '// This is used as a wrapper for the inet_ntoa function, providing an easier to remember name.
    DWORDtoIP = inet_ntoa(DWORD)
End Function[/code]
April 15, 2005, 9:19 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11287.msg108685#msg108685 date=1113599999]
Thanks MyndFyre. Didn't mean to spark a whole big thing, just wanted to make a suggestion.

Hrm, LoRd[nK], I've never really used DLL functions before. Mind giving a bit of help here? I hope I got this right, but I don't know if I did.

'// This is used as a wrapper for the inet_addr function, providing an easier to remember name.
End Function

'// This is used as a wrapper for the inet_ntoa function, providing an easier to remember name.
End Function[/code]
[/quote]

[code]Private Declare Function inet_addr Lib "wsock32.dll" (ByVal s As String) As Long
Private Declare Function inet_ntoa Lib "wsock32.dll" (ByVal addr As Long) As Long[/code]
April 15, 2005, 10:50 PM
UserLoser.
[code]
End Function
[/code]

That doesn't work.  inet_ntoa is returning as a Long, or pointer to the string.  See: lstrcpy(A/W)
April 16, 2005, 12:21 AM
JoeTheOdd
Ooh, thanks. The rest works, provided I make them return longs?

EDIT: Anybody wanna explain the whole Alias thing? I think that way we would only need the wrapper for the second, when we un-pointer-ify the string.
April 16, 2005, 2:17 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=11287.msg108697#msg108697 date=1113605438]
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11287.msg108685#msg108685 date=1113599999]

End Function

End Function[/code]
[/quote]

[code]Private Declare Function inet_addr Lib "wsock32.dll" (ByVal s As String) As Long
Private Declare Function inet_ntoa Lib "wsock32.dll" (ByVal addr As Long) As Long[/code]
[/quote]such a waste of cycles...
April 16, 2005, 4:12 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11287.msg108722#msg108722 date=1113617829]
Ooh, thanks. The rest works, provided I make them return longs?

EDIT: Anybody wanna explain the whole Alias thing? I think that way we would only need the wrapper for the second, when we un-pointer-ify the string.
[/quote]

Alias allows you to define a name for your function that is something other than the export from the DLL.  For example, CopyMemory is actually a declared alias of the DLL function RtlMoveMemory.
April 16, 2005, 6:52 PM

Search