Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | how to make BN bots like WGT ?

AuthorMessageTime
XuuL
hi folx,

im interested in how the WGT (World Gaming Tour) installed such bots in Battle Net...
for those who dont know what they r doin...

1.: u can whisper them
2.: they can execute scripts with the information u whispered them
3.: they can whisper u back

the communication stuff doesnt seem rly difficult, its the "execute script by the information whispered" thing ^^

i would be happy for any hints :)
April 14, 2005, 6:01 PM
QwertyMonster
Easy, atleast i think. Make it so if the bot sees something like, " <username> WIN" or LOSS, then whisper back saying, "<username>'s game: WON. Game sent off to be marked" or something. And if you wondering how to make it give the username, packet logging would be your friend here. I think this is what your on about. Hope this helps! :P
April 14, 2005, 7:09 PM
laurion
Executing a script? That's not very hard..create a sub called WhisperScript or whatever and put your code in there. When you receive a whisper, forward that to WhisperScript, do a Select Case ("rank" or whatever..) you get it right?
[code]
Public Sub OnWhisper(txt as string, user as string)
WhisperScript(txt, user)
End Sub
Public Sub WhisperScript(Text as string, user as string)
Select Case Text
       Case "myrank"
                 Send "Your rank is " & GetRank(User)
End Select
End Sub
[/code]
That answered your question..if not you need to be more specific

whoops qwerty, posted right after you
April 14, 2005, 7:11 PM
XuuL
ah okay, know what ya mean... didnt knew bots are able to make these OnEvent actions

thanks so far... i gonna try it out ;)

btw... can u gimme a hint which kind of bot is best for such actions ?
there are so many different bots to download :/
April 14, 2005, 8:36 PM
XuuL
oh well.. i just installed Stealth Bot and it seems to work fine... so its okay :)
April 14, 2005, 8:45 PM
Archangel
Yeah, probably StealthBot is a good options because of the VB scripts, or you can download other bots like Vanquish, etc and make your own plugins.
April 14, 2005, 10:18 PM
JoeTheOdd
Writing C++ plugins is rarely worth the time needed, unless its requested by many users (Spht and Zorm) or you have the needed knoledge to make it easy and fun (Spht and Zorm). I, however, will be sticking to VBScript for some time. I'd be immensly interested in someone adding JavaScript supporiting events to their bot. Maybe someone would be interested in writing an On-The-Fly JS to VB porter, so that they can be translated and passed.
April 15, 2005, 3:10 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11278.msg108632#msg108632 date=1113534646]
Writing C++ plugins is rarely worth the time needed, unless its requested by many users (Spht and Zorm) or you have the needed knoledge to make it easy and fun (Spht and Zorm). I, however, will be sticking to VBScript for some time. I'd be immensly interested in someone adding JavaScript supporiting events to their bot. Maybe someone would be interested in writing an On-The-Fly JS to VB porter, so that they can be translated and passed.
[/quote]

If this is a Windows app (sounds like it based on the fact that you're using VBScript), you can do so with relative ease by utilizing the Windows Scripting Host interfaces.  In fact, you'd be able to use Perl as well (if your system had ActivePerl).  See the Introduction to Windows Script Interfaces and the Windows Script Interface References for more information on adding scripting through any language to a program.
April 15, 2005, 3:26 AM

Search