Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Re: SKYWING IS A NERD

AuthorMessageTime
Adron
[quote author=Ban link=topic=11271.msg108538#msg108538 date=1113489939]
Also: STOP POSTING THE SAME THING! If it gets trashed once, take the hint Dro.
[/quote]

That's good advice. Crossposting stupid stuff or reposting trashed stuff is a good way to get yourself banned.
April 14, 2005, 3:18 PM
Yegg
I don't see why you can call someone a nerd. If someone is good with computers they are a nerd, and people make fun of this? If someone is really good in a sport (soccer, basketball, etc.) they are called athletic. Cool.
April 14, 2005, 7:41 PM
iago
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=11276.msg108576#msg108576 date=1113507676]
I don't see why you can call someone a nerd. If someone is good with computers they are a nerd, and people make fun of this? If someone is really good in a sport (soccer, basketball, etc.) they are called athletic. Cool.
[/quote]

No, a "nerd" is a derogatory term.  A "nerd" is:
1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

Whereas a geek is:
1. a person who is extremely interested and knowledgeable about computers, electronics, technology, and gadgets

They are often mixed up (dictionary.com has the same definitions >: ( ), but  there is a difference.
April 14, 2005, 8:18 PM
Lenny
Out of curiosity, who posted this topic and why is it in 'General Programming'?

I hope it's safe to assume that Adron had moved to the 1st post after deleting what was originally there.
April 15, 2005, 12:02 AM
iago
He posted 3 or 4 topics that said the same thing.  They got deleted, and all that's left is this reply.
April 15, 2005, 12:43 AM
Yegg
I guess someone wants to get banned.
April 15, 2005, 1:06 AM
JoeTheOdd
Back on the subject of the origional post, I think I qualify as a nerd, geek, whatever, also. Want to make fun of me too? Have at it. I couldn't care less what some random kid from the internet I've never spoken too, verbally or on the internet, thinks about me.
April 19, 2005, 9:14 PM

Search