Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Warcraft III Name Jogger.. Help

AuthorMessageTime
HeRo
I am attempting to create a war3 name jogger, I have the hashed connection complete, I just need to know if its even possible and if it is, how would I deal with the timers and other stuff that is needed for a name jogger. I need some help. -_- VB6
April 13, 2005, 3:16 AM
KkBlazekK
What exactly is a name jogger?
April 13, 2005, 3:18 AM
Topaz
Logs onto accounts so that they won't expire from inactivity.
April 13, 2005, 3:43 AM
Spht
Yes it's possible.  I wrote something like that a couple years ago for Warcraft III and legacy accounts.

I think the server is more strict about how often it'll let you log on / create an account now though.
April 13, 2005, 3:53 AM
Yegg
He could also add proxy support to his application. Someone created a program called Name jogger, I've never used it buy I'm guessing it has proxy support.
April 13, 2005, 10:21 PM
spear
If your not going to add proxy support, you should add more than one connection at once, so you can get through the list faster with less delay. Ie. have four connections on one exe going through one list, if you do it right you can make your delays much shorter.
April 13, 2005, 10:41 PM
HeRo
I am having trouble with the timers, I have never used them in this way before. But I will continue to work on this.
April 14, 2005, 12:46 AM
Spht
You only said you don't know "how to deal with timers," and you're "having trouble with timers."

I for one have no idea what you're talking about.  Be more specific about your problem and someone will try to help.
April 14, 2005, 2:58 AM
Archangel
I dont think he knows how to use timers to make them take the name, then log it and after X time unload it and change name.
April 14, 2005, 3:46 AM
Networks
[quote author=spear link=topic=11252.msg108478#msg108478 date=1113432107]
If your not going to add proxy support, you should add more than one connection at once, so you can get through the list faster with less delay. Ie. have four connections on one exe going through one list, if you do it right you can make your delays much shorter.
[/quote]

This is an intresting idea. If you do this would it influence it differently if you had one connection. If you load 4 bots and disconnect and delay how would bnet deal with that as opposed to one bot? Would you need an extra amount of delay time opposed to a single connection?
April 14, 2005, 5:40 PM
Yegg
[/quote]
That might not be such a good idea. Even though it would be getting done about 4 accounts per delay, it would also need to have a longer delay. The more accounts you log on at the same time the better your chance of getting ip banned is. Even thought you probably wouldn't, if your delays were set right, users who are inexperienced with bots would think that it is taking longer, this is why I think it would be better to use 1 winsock control and just log on 1 account per delay.
April 14, 2005, 7:37 PM
Networks
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=11252.msg108574#msg108574 date=1113507469]
[/quote]
That might not be such a good idea. Even though it would be getting done about 4 accounts per delay, it would also need to have a longer delay. The more accounts you log on at the same time the better your chance of getting ip banned is. Even thought you probably wouldn't, if your delays were set right, users who are inexperienced with bots would think that it is taking longer, this is why I think it would be better to use 1 winsock control and just log on 1 account per delay.
[/quote]

That's what I assumed what would happen.
April 14, 2005, 9:58 PM
-MichaeL-
[quote author=HeRo link=topic=11252.msg108414#msg108414 date=1113362163]
I am attempting to create a war3 name jogger, I have the hashed connection complete, I just need to know if its even possible and if it is, how would I deal with the timers and other stuff that is needed for a name jogger. I need some help. -_- VB6
[/quote]
Ok, i hate to sound mean but is it just me but if he accutaly made the war3 hashed connection scripts, wouldn't he have no problem setting up a few timers?
April 14, 2005, 10:37 PM
Archangel
[quote author=-MichaeL- link=topic=11252.msg108595#msg108595 date=1113518247]
[quote author=HeRo link=topic=11252.msg108414#msg108414 date=1113362163]
[/quote]
Ok, i hate to sound mean but is it just me but if he accutaly made the war3 hashed connection scripts, wouldn't he have no problem setting up a few timers?
[/quote]

I was thinking that, but w/e maybe we are wrong :]
April 14, 2005, 11:09 PM
Yegg
He may be doing something a bit more complicated with timers. Maybe he understands it but he hasn't a clue how it should be put together to create the best posible code.
April 15, 2005, 1:05 AM
JoeTheOdd
Ah, I assumed that this was a single-name client at first. I suggest having four timers, or perhaps an array of timers (adding more as user specifies), each with a designated proxy for it. Every 10 minutes, which should be plenty of a delay, connect the four bots and "jog" the account.

If you're refering to having a long delay on timers, I suggest doing something like this.

[code]Public iTimerCount1 as Long, iTimerCount2 as Long 'etc for other timers..

Public Sub Timer1_Timer()
    Select Case iTimerCount1
        Case 10 'asuming its set to 60,000 MS. Set it to whatver you feel nessassary.
            'Do connection crap here.
        Case Else
            iTimerCount1 = iTimerCount1 + 1
    End Select
End Sub[/code]
April 15, 2005, 3:15 AM
Stealth
Unless you modify those timer variables elsewhere in your code, they're probably better off declared as Static variables inside the _Timer() procedure.
April 15, 2005, 3:48 AM
JoeTheOdd
Variables declared inside the subroutine are distroyed upon completion, aren't they? Asuming they are, we wouldn't be able to incrememt them and check them against 10.
April 15, 2005, 4:01 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=11252.msg108646#msg108646 date=1113537716]
Variables declared inside the subroutine are distroyed upon completion, aren't they? Asuming they are, we wouldn't be able to incrememt them and check them against 10.
[/quote]

Not if they're marked with the "Static" modifier, which is what Stealth suggested.
April 15, 2005, 8:50 AM
tA-Kane
I don't understand what the problem is. Your accounts won't expire for several months. So unless you're dealing with hundreds of accounts (you freaking LOSER -- get a life!), you won't need to log onto each but maybe once per day. With that in mind, you could keep each logged on for a few hours, too.

So add that all up. What's the big deal about getting IP banned for sending too many logons and connecting too fast? Last time I checked, they don't do that unless you're trying to connect really fast. Since when is connecting once or twice per day "really fast"?
April 15, 2005, 2:59 PM
Yegg
If you log on too many within a certain time range you can get ip banned. The faster this is done, the faster you will get ip banned. For people who save 100s of accounts, proxy support would get the job done very quickly.
April 15, 2005, 8:00 PM
Quarantine
I thought you just started to get "ignored" by Battle.net, not IPed.
April 17, 2005, 12:24 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=tA-Kane link=topic=11252.msg108663#msg108663 date=1113577171]
..unless you're dealing with hundreds of accounts..[/quote]
Which is where they stand.
April 17, 2005, 1:08 AM

Search