Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | Redirects

AuthorMessageTime
Mangix
Simple Question.

WHY THE FUCK DO PPL USE THE FUCKING META TAG TO REDIRECT. honestly why? its a waste of code and Server-Side recirects are more efficient for a lot of reasons.

<ol><li>When you hit the back button, the webpage that has the meta tag will always redirect once the user goes back and that becomes annoying.</li>
<li>it is more efficient and easier to use :P</li></ol>
i think i proved my point :).

edit:why the fuck isnt HTML enabled  >:(.
April 11, 2005, 4:41 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote]edit:why the fuck isnt HTML enabled >:(.[/quote]
Because it doesn't need to be, BB code works fine. Click here for more information on BB code.

[quote]
WHY THE FUCK DO PPL USE THE FUCKING META TAG TO REDIRECT. honestly why? its a waste of code and Server-Side recirects are more efficient for a lot of reasons.[/quote]
I think you should put some more thought into new threads before you create them. I don't think anyone cares about your perspecitive on the relevance of meta tag redirect.

[quote]When you hit the back button, the webpage that has the meta tag will always redirect once the user goes back and that becomes annoying.[/quote]
I've never found myself in that situation. Possibly you could think before you click, that could prevent the "annoyance" of the re-redirect.
April 11, 2005, 5:21 AM
Mangix
lets say im on gaming.net ok?

i want to go to gamingzone.org and that site has a page that has a meta tag that redirects to the true page.

i decide i dont like the site a lot. i click back and it directs me to the same page again and again. this becomes annoying.

if you use serverside redirects, i click back and im on gaming.net sooooooooo server side redirects are better :P.
April 11, 2005, 7:21 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Mangix link=topic=11239.msg108145#msg108145 date=1113204091]
lets say im on gaming.net ok?

i want to go to gamingzone.org and that site has a page that has a meta tag that redirects to the true page.

i decide i dont like the site a lot. i click back and it directs me to the same page again and again. this becomes annoying.

if you use serverside redirects, i click back and im on gaming.net sooooooooo server side redirects are better :P.
[/quote]

So, basically, what you're saying is that, just because you haven't thought of a good reason to use meta redirects, there isn't one?

Obviously someone has a reason for using meta-redirect, otherwise they wouldn't.

Personally, I always use Response.Redirect().  But that doesn't mean there isn't a good reason for using meta-redirect.
April 11, 2005, 7:46 AM
St0rm.iD
Topic split.

https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=11260.15
April 13, 2005, 9:21 PM

Search