Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | prom picture thread

AuthorMessageTime
peofeoknight
I was thinking of putting this in the post your pictures thread, but I thought I would just make a new thread so everyone could post prom pictures (even if you did not go to prom this year, but last year or whatever, still post your pics).

here is what I have so far from my camera:
note* these are some of the only pics in existence of me with combed hair

here is a pic of my date, van, and myself
http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/pics/mylife/prom/me%20%26%20van.jpg
here is some rice at the restaurant, it was in the shape of a heart so I took a picture of it
http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/pics/mylife/prom/rice.jpg
my parents thought they would snap pics of me getting into my sexy car
http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/pics/mylife/prom/buick2.jpg
all of the asian girls in our group
http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/pics/mylife/prom/asian%20group.jpg
van (left) and our friend cindy
http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/pics/mylife/prom/van,cindy.jpg

I will have more tomorrow from my friends' cameras and her camera.
April 11, 2005, 1:09 AM
Invert
How about links that work?
April 11, 2005, 1:24 AM
peofeoknight
ty... didn't notice that. I posted that on another msg board and jus copied it.
April 11, 2005, 1:28 AM
Naem
But did you get head?
April 11, 2005, 5:57 AM
CrAz3D
#1 her purse doesn't match @ all!
#2 rice?!  wtf kind of prom is that?
#3 is EVERYONE @ your school asian or something?  We have like2 asian people
#4 As for the Buick, nice, a definately good car for prom (unless you had a Lincoln or BMW or somethin)

Edit:
Our prom is May 7th, I plan to go camping w/friends instead so I'll post pictures of that.  I don't want to go to prom cause I'll get pregnant, I saw it on a movie (The Girl Next Door)
April 11, 2005, 5:15 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I went to my prom in a Humvy Limo(Think I spelt it right). It was sweet. We had strobe lights, ceiling mirror and a um...smoke machine. It didnt work to well. We thought the driver was smoking but it was the ...smoke machine. I got outragousley drunk that night and vodka. I almost fainted when dancing with this girl.
April 11, 2005, 5:23 PM
Yoni
I didn't go to our prom. Therefore, no pictures.
April 11, 2005, 5:27 PM
UserLoser.
Our prom hasn't happened yet and it's the senior prom anyways.  Juniors can go, but as far as I know not many are
April 11, 2005, 6:58 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108183#msg108183 date=1113239730]
#1 her purse doesn't match @ all![/quote]

First thing I noticed. Haha.

[quote author=Meh link=topic=11236.msg108185#msg108185 date=1113240209]
I went to my prom in a Humvee Limo(Think I spelt it right). It was sweet. We had strobe lights, ceiling mirror and a um...smoke machine. It didnt work to well. We thought the driver was smoking but it was the ...smoke machine. I got outragousley drunk that night and vodka. I almost fainted when dancing with this girl.
[/quote]

How many people were in the Humvy Limo? I have been thinking about prom lately, even though it's like 2 years away. I definitely want to spare no expense as it's a memorable night - but from what I hear my schools prom isn't like..formalish. They have rap and all the people do that grind dancing. A friend who graduated last year said he was expecting ballroom type dancing, but like even though they had slow songs - all the kids did was grind slowly. He said they were basically having sex on the dance floor. Ugh, that's definitely not my kind of thing.

Anyway, I want to make it as classy/traditional as I can but still be kind of different. I'm thinking a seersucker suit, instead of a regular black tuxedo and instead of a regular limo I've been thinking a Rolls Royce. However, I researched that for a price and stuff @ area limo companies and I found out that they don't have regular Rolls Royce cars, but only a limo - and it's uber expensive (I think they jacked the price up since all the seats were done in Louis Vuitton upholstery and such.). It costs $80/person to go to our prom + suit + dinner + car + pictures + corsage. I should probably start saving now, as I don't really like the whole making a woman pay thing.

We have a Junior Prom too for juniors, I have no clue if you're supposed to do promish stuff for that or not. :\
April 11, 2005, 7:04 PM
peofeoknight
#1 her purse doesn't match @ all!
[/quote] bfd? I didn't match her outfit either :P
[quote]
#2 rice?!  wtf kind of prom is that?
[/quote] we ate at a japanese steakhouse before the prom.
[quote]
#3 is EVERYONE @ your school asian or something?  We have like2 asian people
[/quote] We have a good sized asian population at our school. But it just so happens that three of the four guys in our group thought asian girls are hot and those asian girls brought along friends to the restaurant who were also asian.
[quote]
#4 As for the Buick, nice, a definately good car for prom (unless you had a Lincoln or BMW or somethin)
[/quote] I agree... Buicks rule.

[quote]
Our prom is May 7th, I plan to go camping w/friends instead so I'll post pictures of that.  I don't want to go to prom cause I'll get pregnant, I saw it on a movie (The Girl Next Door)
[/quote] well that answers one question... but it brings up so many more :P
April 11, 2005, 9:02 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=11236.msg108201#msg108201 date=1113246241]
It costs $80/person to go to our prom + suit + dinner + car + pictures + corsage. I should probably start saving now, as I don't really like the whole making a woman pay thing.
[/quote] Here is a break down of what I paid for ours:
65 for couples tickets
70 for tux
40 for dinner for the two of us
10 for gas (no limmo our whole group just drove our own cars cos limos were all booked up)
20 for corsage
---
205 total

Her dad bought her dress for her, I have no idea what he paid... I couldn't even give you a ball park. I work in sears... but I work in the tool department, and the dresses at sears suck.
April 11, 2005, 9:08 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=11236.msg108201#msg108201 date=1113246241]
#1 her purse doesn't match @ all![/quote]

First thing I noticed. Haha.

[quote author=Meh link=topic=11236.msg108185#msg108185 date=1113240209]
I went to my prom in a Humvee Limo(Think I spelt it right). It was sweet. We had strobe lights, ceiling mirror and a um...smoke machine. It didnt work to well. We thought the driver was smoking but it was the ...smoke machine. I got outragousley drunk that night and vodka. I almost fainted when dancing with this girl.
[/quote]

How many people were in the Humvy Limo? I have been thinking about prom lately, even though it's like 2 years away. I definitely want to spare no expense as it's a memorable night - but from what I hear my schools prom isn't like..formalish. They have rap and all the people do that grind dancing. A friend who graduated last year said he was expecting ballroom type dancing, but like even though they had slow songs - all the kids did was grind slowly. He said they were basically having sex on the dance floor. Ugh, that's definitely not my kind of thing.

Anyway, I want to make it as classy/traditional as I can but still be kind of different. I'm thinking a seersucker suit, instead of a regular black tuxedo and instead of a regular limo I've been thinking a Rolls Royce. However, I researched that for a price and stuff @ area limo companies and I found out that they don't have regular Rolls Royce cars, but only a limo - and it's uber expensive (I think they jacked the price up since all the seats were done in Louis Vuitton upholstery and such.). It costs $80/person to go to our prom + suit + dinner + car + pictures + corsage. I should probably start saving now, as I don't really like the whole making a woman pay thing.

We have a Junior Prom too for juniors, I have no clue if you're supposed to do promish stuff for that or not. :\
[/quote]
There were about 14 of us in the limo paying roughley $20 each for it. The suit cost me double that and it was about $9 for a ticket. Pluss then expense for cigars etc. I pinched all the alchol I drank off of friends.
April 11, 2005, 9:43 PM
hismajesty
$9? That's insanely cheap. Our prom tickets are more I think if we didn't pay dues Freshmen-Junior year, since they incorporate dues into the price or something. You can't go to prom if you didn't pay I think.
April 11, 2005, 10:09 PM
warz
Mine are in this folder: http://www.insanedev.net/tks/ryan/

The prom pictures are the ones titled prom then some numbers. There are only four, because that was like a year ago.

The other pictures... they speak for themselves.

Notice: Every picture (most likely) involved beer, marijuana or a combination of both.
Notice of the Notice: This picture brings back some good, good memories.

[img]http://www.insanedev.net/tks/ryan/18574015877.jpg[/img]
(http://www.insanedev.net/tks/ryan/18574015877.jpg)
April 11, 2005, 10:24 PM
CrAz3D
Meh:
Was it a POS H2 or a real hummer?  (which would look stupid streched)
"I got outragousley drunk that night and vodka."---are you still drunk? ;)

UL:
You guys have specific proms?  Dang, ours is Junior/Senior restricted (Juniors pay) but you can get guest passes for anyone

Trust:
No one has ballroom dancing proms, no one knows how to ballroom dance, no one would ballroom dance if they could/knew how...everyone would rather 'grind'
A Rolls Royce!  WTF!  It's 1 night!  Are you MAD!?  ;)<3
Our tickets are $20 per couple or $15 per person.  Dinner is about $40 a person, tux is about $140, limo is $20 a person, alcohol is as much as you want!  ;D

quasi-modo:
Friends = guys & girls....I am a relative misfit & am not gay.  I went to prom last year & dropped $150 bucks, had about .3% as much fun as I could have had camping.  This year would've been $200+ cause of a date, screw that

April 11, 2005, 11:36 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108253#msg108253 date=1113262603]
Trust:
No one has ballroom dancing proms, no one knows how to ballroom dance, no one would ballroom dance if they could/knew how...everyone would rather 'grind'
[/quote]

I wouldn't rather 'grind' - I have never ground(?) and don't plan to.

[quote]A Rolls Royce! WTF! It's 1 night! Are you MAD!? ;)<3[/quote]

They aren't that much more expensive than renting a regular limo. It'd probably be cheaper if it were just the car, but as far as I can tell nobody around here has just cars - at least those with websites. When it gets close to my prom I'll call around I guess.

[quote]
Our tickets are $20 per couple or $15 per person. Dinner is about $40 a person, tux is about $140, limo is $20 a person, alcohol is as much as you want! ;D
[/quote]

See, everyone here is renting limos in groups or whatever - that rocks kinda. I'm not one for group dates I guess (not that I date) - I guess it takes away from the romantic element. However, even if I wanted to go in a group I wouldn't be able to. As many of you know I have a hard time in social situations, I can't think of 14ish friends that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable asking to ride with me or something. Yes, I'm weird and have too many phobias; sue me.
April 12, 2005, 12:05 AM
CrAz3D
Just ask a bunch of friends to go as a whole group, you & a single girl in a car would be very serious.  Romance like that on prom night leads to ***  ::)

You haven't ever ground!?  Lol, that sounds so dumb, just had to say it
April 12, 2005, 1:18 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108273#msg108273 date=1113268724]
Romance like that on prom night leads to ***  ::)

[/quote]

What?!?  What does it lead to?!?  Omgz I must know!

As far as grinding goes, I propose two new past-tense versions of the word.  We "grund," and the past participle, "we have grunded."

Aside from the funny word, I did not prefer to grind with my ex when we were in a public place.  I just didn't like that kind of thing in public anyway.  Our romantic relationship was our own.  Public displays of affection IMO are frequently distasteful.
April 12, 2005, 1:54 AM
peofeoknight
quasi-modo:
Friends = guys & girls....I am a relative misfit & am not gay.  I went to prom last year & dropped $150 bucks, had about .3% as much fun as I could have had camping.  This year would've been $200+ cause of a date, screw that
[/quote] Okay... but what exactly is that friends = guys and girls statement in response to?
April 12, 2005, 1:59 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=11236.msg108278#msg108278 date=1113270887]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108273#msg108273 date=1113268724]
Romance like that on prom night leads to ***  ::)

[/quote]

What?!?  What does it lead to?!?  Omgz I must know!

As far as grinding goes, I propose two new past-tense versions of the word.  We "grund," nand the past participle, "we have grunded.

Aside from the funny word, I did not prefer to grind with my ex when we were in a public place.  I just didn't like that kind of thing in public anyway.  Our romantic relationship was our own.  Public displays of affection IMO are frequently distasteful.

[/quote] I completely agree. I danced... i did not have sex with my clothes on on the dance floor. One dude took off his shirt on the dance floor and was rubbing all over this girl... they were drunk of course, so I guess that guy was cool with doing things like that, but I am not. Seems like it would be very embarassing to do that kind of thing sober.
April 12, 2005, 2:02 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=11236.msg108258#msg108258 date=1113264307]
See, everyone here is renting limos in groups or whatever - that rocks kinda. I'm not one for group dates I guess (not that I date) - I guess it takes away from the romantic element. However, even if I wanted to go in a group I wouldn't be able to. As many of you know I have a hard time in social situations, I can't think of 14ish friends that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable asking to ride with me or something. Yes, I'm weird and have too many phobias; sue me.
[/quote] Groups are a great way to break the ice at the restaurant and all. We were not hanging around the people we ate with all night, my date and I pretty much just danced the whole time and hung out together the whole time.
April 12, 2005, 2:05 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=11236.msg108279#msg108279 date=1113271163]
quasi-modo:
[/quote] Okay... but what exactly is that friends = guys and girls statement in response to?
[/quote]Never mind that little bit ;)

Danced, how do you actually dance to rap?
April 12, 2005, 2:06 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108286#msg108286 date=1113271606]
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=11236.msg108279#msg108279 date=1113271163]
quasi-modo:
[/quote]
Danced, how do you actually dance to rap?
[/quote] You just move a little bit faster and sort of ignore the stupidity of the music... that is what we did anyway :P
April 12, 2005, 2:59 AM
Forged
Our prom is may 7th, and the tickets were $40 each. :(

I was going to rent a car but you have to be 25, so I think I am just going to try and borrow my dad's benz.

[quote] Groups are a great way to break the ice[/quote]
Unless you are going to prom with your g/f which seems to be majority of the people I know.
April 12, 2005, 3:16 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Forged link=topic=11236.msg108300#msg108300 date=1113275800]

I was going to rent a car but you have to be 25, so I think I am just going to try and borrow my dad's benz.

Unless you are going to prom with your g/f which seems to be majority of the people I know.
[/quote]Why would you rent when your dad has a Benz?...  Dang, I only had to be 18 to rent my car when my truck was in the shop.

Why is everyone's ticket so expensive!?  What are the decorations like at your dances?
April 12, 2005, 3:22 AM
Quarantine
I plan to play CS right through my Prom.
April 12, 2005, 3:23 AM
Forged
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108304#msg108304 date=1113276143]
[quote author=Forged link=topic=11236.msg108300#msg108300 date=1113275800]

[/quote]Why would you rent when your dad has a Benz?...  Dang, I only had to be 18 to rent my car when my truck was in the shop.

Why is everyone's ticket so expensive!?  What are the decorations like at your dances?
[/quote]
Because I really don't wat to wreck his $45,000 car.  If I were to wreck the rental car it would suck, but not as bad as wrecking his car.  As for the age, diffrent companys have diffrent policys, and I was looking at the type of places that had jaguars and what not for rent.

I don't know what kind of decorations we will have, but the last senior class said they were extremlly elaborate, and we rented the skyroom at trinity so I would imagine that has something to do with it.
April 12, 2005, 3:28 AM
CrAz3D
Oh snap, how much was a Jag to rent?

Our dances are currently held at a auctioneer barn :(
April 12, 2005, 3:46 AM
Forged
between 160 a day and 90 a day depending on the model.
April 12, 2005, 4:02 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Forged link=topic=11236.msg108312#msg108312 date=1113278544]
[/quote]oh snap, that sure would be fun to drive around town
April 12, 2005, 4:05 AM
Forged
yeah it would, hince my interest in renting one. :P
April 12, 2005, 4:14 AM
Stealth
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108313#msg108313 date=1113278721]
[quote author=Forged link=topic=11236.msg108312#msg108312 date=1113278544]
[/quote]oh snap, that sure would be fun to drive around town
[/quote]

Sorry to break the bubble here, but in most cases you need to be at LEAST 21 years old, if not 24, to rent a car.. :(
April 13, 2005, 4:25 AM
Forged
as has been already pointed out.  I realized you have to be 25.
April 13, 2005, 4:44 AM
peofeoknight
I thought more of you guys would have precious memories of going to the prom (instead of camping or something like that) already at this point in time  :P
April 13, 2005, 7:25 PM
Adron
Trust:
[/quote]

Actually, the counterpart here consists almost entirely of ballroom dancing for show. There'll be a large audience, planning to go watch sis dance.
April 13, 2005, 11:09 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=11236.msg108456#msg108456 date=1113420306]
I thought more of you guys would have precious memories of going to the prom (instead of camping or something like that) already at this point in time  :P
[/quote]

I do.  Just because I've chosen not to share them doesn't mean I don't have them.  :P
April 13, 2005, 11:20 PM
K
Actually my memories of three years of prom go like this:

Sophmore year: went to senior prom with a girl who was too attrocious to get a date.  Result: learned not to be so nice to people in the future, received 2+ years of mockery.

Junior year: went to prom with a friend who it later turned out is incredibly bipolar and psychotic.  Highlight was going to an afterparty featuring booze and a heated pool. Result: learned that with a crazy girl, fun is either proportional or inversely proportional to how much she has had to drink, depending on some unknown quantum ray.  As an interesting side note, this girl later went on to take some ecstasy and hook up with two guys at once.

Senior year: went to prom with my girlfriend.  had the most terrible time because it turns out we both hate dancing and there's not much else you can do at prom.  We leave prom early, throw an impromptu party at her house.

Basically, I feel that prom sucks.
April 13, 2005, 11:33 PM
Denial
You know when i first read the topic i was half asleep and thought it said "porn picture thread" and i am like hmmm porn pictures on the vl site no way... and i almost posted a picture until i read the posts
April 14, 2005, 12:37 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Denial link=topic=11236.msg108529#msg108529 date=1113482242]
You know when i first read the topic i was half asleep and thought it said "porn picture thread" and i am like hmmm porn pictures on the vl site no way... and i almost posted a picture until i read the posts
[/quote]lol, you crazy bastard you!  I love ya man!...?

Last year I went just with friends & couldn't even 'dance' because my knee was still bum then.  I dropped $150+ & had 0 fun.  This year I don't plan to go because I would've been with a date (she asked me, go figure) & that is like $200+ just to eat a little & 'dance'.  I love to camp so naturally Camping > Prom.  Everyone says senior prom is something you'l regret missing, I don't care I'd regret spending the money more.

I made up a new contraction? thing, yay.  You'll.  I liike medicine
April 14, 2005, 2:52 PM
Archonist
[url]http://www.insanedev.net/tks/ryan/DSC00891.JPG[/url]

Wow, just wow..
April 14, 2005, 2:54 PM
CrAz3D
You mind maybe changing that to just a link since the picture is so huge?
April 14, 2005, 3:02 PM
Adron
What is it even? Do go ahead and move it to a link.
April 14, 2005, 3:13 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Took me a fcew seconds but its a fairley big joint.
April 14, 2005, 3:34 PM
CrAz3D
9" is quite big
April 14, 2005, 5:33 PM
Adron
[quote author=Meh link=topic=11236.msg108548#msg108548 date=1113492898]
[/quote]

This is a joint. Well, several actually.
April 14, 2005, 6:14 PM
CrAz3D
:o somebody needs to clean their car
April 14, 2005, 8:12 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
[quote author=Adron link=topic=11236.msg108566#msg108566 date=1113502455]
[quote author=Meh link=topic=11236.msg108548#msg108548 date=1113492898]
[/quote]

This is a joint. Well, several actually.
[/quote]
Youd get tetnas try to smoke that :P
April 14, 2005, 8:29 PM
CrAz3D
Wtf!?  It looks like it is grease just, not rust, lol
April 14, 2005, 8:45 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108579#msg108579 date=1113509570]
[/quote] who needs to clean their car
<.<
>.>
April 15, 2005, 2:16 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=11236.msg108620#msg108620 date=1113531407]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108579#msg108579 date=1113509570]
[/quote] who needs to clean their car
<.<
>.>

[/quote]
Not me!  I did a couple weekends ago!
April 15, 2005, 2:18 AM
CrAz3D
Whoever owns the car in Adron's post needs to clean their car
April 15, 2005, 2:29 AM
Adron
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108625#msg108625 date=1113532191]
[/quote]

Why? Scrubbing the bottom of the car would just remove a lot of rust protection coating.
April 15, 2005, 7:27 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Adron link=topic=11236.msg108674#msg108674 date=1113593236]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108625#msg108625 date=1113532191]
[/quote]

Why? Scrubbing the bottom of the car would just remove a lot of rust protection coating.
[/quote] Amen to that... dirt on the top of the car is also good because it protects the paint from sun fade.
April 15, 2005, 8:46 PM
CrAz3D
But notice how some of the joints are already rusting?  That's cause the grease is keeping moisture there, if there wasn't any grime then water wouldn't be held there long enough for everything to rust. 

Dirt on top of a car scratches the paint every time you touch it.  A clean & waxed car would last MUCH longer than a disgustingly dirty car.
April 15, 2005, 10:16 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108691#msg108691 date=1113603393]
Dirt on top of a car scratches the paint every time you touch it.  A clean & waxed car would last MUCH longer than a disgustingly dirty car.
[/quote] I was being facetious.... Plus what is the point of having paint if no one is going to see it under the layer of filth.
April 15, 2005, 10:45 PM
CrAz3D
Word, esp when you pay $100 an ounce for the paint!
April 15, 2005, 11:03 PM
Adron
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108691#msg108691 date=1113603393]
But notice how some of the joints are already rusting?  That's cause the grease is keeping moisture there, if there wasn't any grime then water wouldn't be held there long enough for everything to rust. 
[/quote]

Actually, that's not true. A car driven half of every year in a salty water-snow mix for 18 years is going to get some rust on the bottom even if it's completely clean. The best way to protect it is to treat it with something that covers the metal parts - grease, oil, that kind of thing - to keep the salt water away as much as possible.
April 15, 2005, 11:10 PM
CrAz3D
But random grime doesn't build up over the entire bottom, that is why they have the 'rust protection spray'
April 15, 2005, 11:35 PM
Adron
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=11236.msg108703#msg108703 date=1113608136]
But random grime doesn't build up over the entire bottom, that is why they have the 'rust protection spray'
[/quote]

Rust protection spray, well, perhaps. Even better is to have some heavy rust protection applied. But neither of them will survive the physical scrubbing that would be required to really clean the underside of a car. Especially the way stones sprayed up from the wheels get stuck in the rust protection.
April 16, 2005, 1:59 AM

Search