Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | starting out with packets please help.

AuthorMessageTime
diabl0
i have made bots with generic pixelchecking, but nothing clientless.

i am using wpe pro, and logging packets.

i am able to go into a chat channel in diablo 2 and log a packet after i type something in the channel.

i can then send the packet i just logged  using wpe pro, and i cannot see the output on the screen in the chat channel on the character that i am using.

but other characters are able to see the message. i tested using another account at the same time and i could see the message with that account.

. i find that interesting. but thats not my question.

i tried logging the packets when i logged in.
i get 11 packets, some are received though.

so i log out, and i try to send the packets that said "sent"with wpe pro. i think it was like 5 packets.

i dont see any logging in, and i whispered the account that was supposed to be logged in and it said that user is not logged on. of course i didnt send any join channel packet, so maybe thats the problem i dont know.

i do know that sending the packets with this program is very slow because you have to do it by hand, and i am anxiously waiting for some code to send the packets i want automatically.

so, what i would like, is some code that will log onto battle.net
i have an understanding of what packets do, but i have not worked with them very much.

i havent programmed much except for using autoit from hiddensoft.com but i would like to start learning c++ and i have gotten a compiler already.

i want to make a bot in c++ that will log onto battlenet (clientless), and just be able to join a channel and also be able to join a game to get me started.

when i get that down, i will work on some other things.

does anyone have a template to work with?

-Diabl0
April 10, 2005, 10:52 PM
HdxBmx27
Umm, No template, but i will direct you to BnetDocs
It tells you all you need to know about the spacific packets. I also suggest you look into BNCSutil because I highly doubt you will want to reverse the hashing code yourself.
~-~(HDX)~-~
April 10, 2005, 11:22 PM
UserLoser.
Clientless, huh
April 11, 2005, 3:10 AM
HdxBmx27
He is new, leave him alone. He means a bot that dosen't require the end-user to have the official clients installed.
~-~(HDX)~-~
April 11, 2005, 3:13 AM
Archangel
Well, Bnetdocs is the option and maybe read a little of: https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9278.0
April 11, 2005, 4:04 AM
diabl0
ok, i did read all of that, the whole thing start to finish.

and as for learning networking tcp/ip i am getting a little lost reading that stuff. like i said i can send a packet using a program that is meant to do that, but i need to write my own..

not that im a dummy, but i would like a basic tutorial on how to start.
can i pay someone with paypal perhaps to help me write my code?
im not looking to leach here, and i dont want the work done for me. i want to learn, and i expect you will want to be compensated for your time.

and i am not learning much at all from what im reading. i get some of the ideas, but the problem im having is how to implement it into code.

i beleive there are other "clientless"  (proper term i hope) bots, im sure of it.
so that could be a starting point if you happen to have the source code.

if anyone also has any links to a more beginners help guide on these topics, please reply.

-the new guy
April 11, 2005, 5:01 AM
Kp
[quote author=diabl0 link=topic=11235.msg108136#msg108136 date=1113195668]i beleive there are other "clientless"  (proper term i hope) bots, im sure of it.[/quote]

Clientless automatons are extremely rare with regard to battle.net, although they're common in other parts of the web.  It's unlikely you'll find source to a clientless robot to be at all useful in this context.
April 11, 2005, 1:51 PM
Spilled[DW]
If your looking for bot sources to get the idea and learn visually, or perhaps steal code, hey theres always bnetweb.com but i prefer to write my own coding and i suggest you do to because thats the only way you will learn and understand what your doing. You dont learn how to program a bot in days... weeks... this takes months or years depending on how much time and effort you put towards your goal. I suggest you read more and study the format of the packets on bnetdocs. Gl
April 11, 2005, 2:21 PM
diabl0
ok, im not new to programming in general, but i find that you learn faster when not going solo.

either way, there IS a clientless chat channel spam bot that is for diablo 2, so i know they exist on b.net    i.e. JPbot

but i do iunderstand that it takes a long long time to get a finished product, but it shouldnt take years for me to get started.

ill do some more reading, but reading is always generally based. and not efficient learning

like, if i wanted to build a cabinet, i wouldnt go through all the time of learning carpentry so that i have the knowledge to build a full house, rather than just the cabinet that i wanted.

it would be most helpful if someone walked me through what i would need to do, instead of trying to find a reference for a problem if i dont even know what it is.

all im saying is its easier and faster to be taught rather than self teach.
if anyone is willing to participate in a project, perhaps we can work out an arrangement.

i dont expect any takers really, but im givin it a shot
April 11, 2005, 4:59 PM
HdxBmx27
Well, First off, you wont* get any respect/help if you keep jsut asking for code!
You have to attempt, and then ask questions, valid questions not one like "I dont know how to do this, do it for me." Once you start asking spacific questions, and attempting to do it yourself, you will find a lot of people are willing to correct your mistakes, and give you pointers.

What I suggest is you google "Using winsock in VB" and you will get a few hits, jsut search. Then start with a basic 2 way chat client (your own protocol, not bnet's) and then upgrade to emulating someone elses ideas.

But ya, Learn Winsock.RomoteHost, Winsock.RemotePort, Winsock.Close, Winsock.Connect, Winsock_DataArrival, Winsock_Connect, Winsock_Close, Winsock.GetData. For basics.

~-~(HDX)~-~
April 11, 2005, 6:16 PM
Adron
[quote author=diabl0 link=topic=11235.msg108180#msg108180 date=1113238797]
like, if i wanted to build a cabinet, i wouldnt go through all the time of learning carpentry so that i have the knowledge to build a full house, rather than just the cabinet that i wanted.
[/quote]

The question here is: If you're not interested in carpentry, why would you build a cabinet instead of just buying one? And if you are interested in carpentry, you shouldn't be afraid to jump into some deep reading and learn the basics.

Sure, you could watch someone building a cabinet for you, but in the end you won't know why he did whatever he did. Perhaps you could build another one exactly like it yourself, but without the basics, you won't know what to do when something about the new cabinet is different from the one you watched that guy build.

April 11, 2005, 6:22 PM
The-FooL
If you want a starting point, there are many open source bots out there that connect to battle.net, some better coded than others.  From there you can either look at how the packet sending is implemented into code, or you can leach what you want(your choice).
April 11, 2005, 8:48 PM
diabl0
i want to make it personalized, and see how its done, not "copy and paste" code.

all i can find is vb examples.

ick

they say vb is easier? its all messy! all those files, instead on just ONE i dont know what to do with that.

anything in c++?
April 12, 2005, 12:30 AM
Quarantine
Syntax is easier to pickup on not to mention it's not case sensitive .
April 12, 2005, 12:36 AM

Search