Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Yoni's Math Forum | The Statistics Lecture Series

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Coming soon -- on Yoni's Forum of Doom and Mathematical Jumble -- is the MyndFyre Statistics Lecture Series!

Because I've had so many statistics classes that cover progressively difficult material, I have an inkling to go back and review the basics.  (By the way, "so many" == 4 at the moment).  With more coming, I've decided to put this together as both a review for myself and a reference for others.

If you have any questions, since I don't moderate Yoni's forum, I'd prefer that they come via Private Message, and then I'll toss that question into the lesson(s) to which it is applicable.

Plus, I figure that if I start writing these out now, when the eventual time comes that I have to actually teach a statistics class, I'll be prepared.  :)

And with that, I give you the Statistics Lecture Series.  :)

(I'll be coming back to this tonight.  I'm about halfway done with lesson one.)
April 6, 2005, 12:27 AM
Maddox
Assuming normality, my 90% confidence interval for you actually doing this is (.45, .68)
April 6, 2005, 2:51 AM
Ender
[quote author=Maddox link=topic=11200.msg107553#msg107553 date=1112755895]
Assuming normality, my 90% confidence interval for you actually doing this is (.45, .68)
[/quote]

Haha. My normal probability plot shows a curve for him actually doing this! Of course, I have more data than Maddox ;)

*shrugs at posting 7 months later*
November 12, 2005, 1:51 AM
hismajesty
My AP Statistics grade is starting to slip, hurry upppp!
November 12, 2005, 2:55 AM

Search