Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Computer issues - help please!

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
Hey guys, I've started to notice that this past week my computer has been running very slowely. When I go to start up applications such as FireFox or games or anything in general it is taking so long to load. I have defraged and all that stuff and my computer is just not running the way it used to be. I have checked for spyware and viruses, nothing really there. Also when I reboot I get an error saying "cli.exe can't load properly" or something like that. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance!
April 1, 2005, 8:47 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
A quick google turned up that cli.exe is part of ATI's Catalyst. Try reinstalling the Graphics drivers.
April 1, 2005, 8:51 PM
Mitosis
I can't modify my post for some reason, but here is a screen shot of the error.
http://www.edesignz.ca/clierror1.JPG

Thanks Meh, I'll try that.
April 1, 2005, 9:05 PM
KkBlazekK
Yes, I had that problem when I was first installing windows on my computer, might have something to do with the installer crashing without it finishing. It also happened once when I used the wrong drivers. (had two cds that looked the same) Reinstalling should do the trick.
April 1, 2005, 9:20 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Considering that the google turned it up as cli.exe as a catalyst and you having the Catalyst control panel od you DT I would say it is mostley like bad drivers. Just got to ATI support and redownload the latest ones.
April 1, 2005, 9:38 PM
Mitosis
Ah thanks guys, don't get the error anymore and everything loads really fast now!
April 1, 2005, 9:39 PM

Search