Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | Warrior observation

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
As I quest reward, I received a decent dagger.  Rather than use it for a toothpick, as I usually do with daggers, I decided to train that skill up.  I ran around Maraudon killing and noticed that I missed just as often with Shield Bash as I did with the dagger.  As my dagger skill increased, my SB and dagger miss rate reduced.  I see no reason why my ability to crack something over the head with my shield should be related to my ability to use a weapon.

Have any other classes noticed similar behavior?  I'm certain that if I asked Bliz, I would get the standard "Working as intended" response.
March 29, 2005, 2:24 PM
Mitosis
Yes even with my shaman, everybody says maces are the way to go. But I started using Hypnotic blade for a couple levels, it actually served me right. I killed faster and more efficiently. There are some sweet daggers out there, and in certain situations different weapons are better.
March 29, 2005, 8:09 PM
Hostile
It is because they either decided to not bother making a "Shield" skill which I think they should have or couldn't find a good way to implement the shield skill. If they did they would have to lower the shields functionality if under leveled and probably make it a little bit better if someone had it at lvl 300 for instance. Im not sure if it would be a good thing or not.
March 29, 2005, 9:41 PM
Quarantine
Here I thought this topic was about me.
March 31, 2005, 5:48 AM
JoeTheOdd
Same here, except replace "me" with "you".

EDIT: Do orcs actually use daggers as toothpicks, or was that a joke?
March 31, 2005, 11:16 AM
Adron
[quote author=Joey link=topic=11093.msg106506#msg106506 date=1112267775]
Same here, except replace "me" with "you".

EDIT: Do orcs actually use daggers as toothpicks, or was that a joke?
[/quote]

[url]http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6981[/url]
March 31, 2005, 12:23 PM
JoeTheOdd
Hahaha.. cool.
March 31, 2005, 12:25 PM

Search