Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Paying to be teached VB

AuthorMessageTime
Vaughn
Interested in teaching vb and making money off of it? Contact me.

AIM - xVaughnFanX
MSN - vaughn_fan@Hotmail.com
March 28, 2005, 1:13 AM
Twix
Why dont u just go buy a book for like 30 dollars and teach yourself
March 28, 2005, 1:21 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I'll teach you. $400/hour and your firstborn son please.
March 28, 2005, 1:33 AM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=11070.msg105838#msg105838 date=1111973622]
I'll teach you. $400/hour and your firstborn son please.
[/quote]
Visual Basic Prof    --- $80
Money to learn VB(From rabbit)    --- $4000
Realizing your an idiot for paying that much    --- Priceless

For everything else, the're is master-card.

Edit:  ;D
March 28, 2005, 1:40 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=11070.msg105839#msg105839 date=1111974058]
Relising your an idiot for paying that much    --- Priceless
[/quote]

Realizing*
March 28, 2005, 1:43 AM
Twix
I am afraid to know what he is going to do with that first born son
March 28, 2005, 1:52 AM
KkBlazekK
You could be lucky enough to get a girl instead of a boy. :P
March 28, 2005, 2:46 AM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=Vaughn link=topic=11070.msg105829#msg105829 date=1111972399]
Interested in teaching vb and making money off of it? Contact me.

AIM - xVaughnFanX
MSN - vaughn_fan@Hotmail.com
[/quote]
The best way to learn, Is to JUST DO IT! and ask if you get stumped. If you have any VB related questions, AIM: HdxEvilBlake
Oh And I don't charge (unless you ask a shitload, then I charge ;) )
Oh and Ian, Son = Girl?
~-~(HDX)~-~
March 28, 2005, 2:51 AM
Quarantine
IMHO opinon you shouldn't be charged if you're willing to learn . Hit me up on AIM if you have any questions.
March 28, 2005, 2:53 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=DeTaiLs link=topic=11070.msg105842#msg105842 date=1111974730]
I am afraid to know what he is going to do with that first born son
[/quote]I will raise him as my own, and, after tricking enough newbs into giving me their sons, I will have an army of sons to pass on my family name!
March 28, 2005, 3:16 AM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=HdxBmx27 link=topic=11070.msg105859#msg105859 date=1111978288]
Oh and Ian, Son = Girl?
[/quote]No, What I ment was, You would be lucky to get a daughter instead of a son. That way you wouldn't have to give her away. :P
March 28, 2005, 3:18 AM
QwertyMonster
I cant teach well, but its easy money, right? I'll want £50 every 2 minutes. I'll teach u for 2hrs.

Your lesson begins: Now.

Go to your visual basic, put a command button down. And make a msgbox appear saying "Connected to Battle.net". and your on. Ok now the cash?
March 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=11070.msg105933#msg105933 date=1112014654]
I cant teach well, but its easy money, right? I'll want £50 every 2 minutes. I'll teach u for 2hrs.

Your lesson begins: Now.

Go to your visual basic, put a command button down. And make a msgbox appear saying "Connected to Battle.net". and your on. Ok now the cash?
[/quote]
"make a msgbox appear"?  What kind of teaching is that?
March 28, 2005, 1:03 PM
LivedKrad
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=11070.msg105840#msg105840 date=1111974232]
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=11070.msg105839#msg105839 date=1111974058]
Relising your an idiot for paying that much    --- Priceless
[/quote]

Realizing*
[/quote]

you're*

Secondly, I wouldn't mind teaching for a bit of money. I'll admit my knowledge doesn't quite live up to say, Stealth or Userloser, but I can get the job done.
AIM: excalibur9851

BTW, try to be as rude as you were before when asking for hosting space.
March 28, 2005, 1:38 PM
Vaughn
I didn't mean to be rude, I just wanted to know exactly what made your hosting different that others, and that you knew what you were talking about.
March 28, 2005, 3:59 PM
laurion
[quote]Topic: Paying to be teached VB  (Read 57 times) [/quote]Maybe you should think about brushing up on your grammar first, I can help you with that for a reasonable price lol
March 28, 2005, 3:59 PM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=LivedKrad link=topic=11070.msg105940#msg105940 date=1112017120]
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=11070.msg105840#msg105840 date=1111974232]
Realizing*
[/quote]
you're*
[/quote]
If I was going for grammar award, I would have told you. At least i'm not typing like hdx.
March 28, 2005, 4:34 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=11070.msg105960#msg105960 date=1112027641]
At least i'm not typing like hdx.
[/quote]

LOL
March 28, 2005, 4:50 PM
KkBlazekK
That wasn't ment to be a flame, it was a reference.
March 28, 2005, 4:52 PM
Quarantine
Still funny :|
March 28, 2005, 5:18 PM
Grok
Most of the replies in this thread disappoint me.  Someone came to this community looking for help.  If you are not going to be a positive influence in their learning, then why are you responding?  I wrote a couple of you about your individual responses, and I could have written others.

Attempts to humiliate each other publicly are not welcome here.  Spelling and grammar corrections are generally cheap and a waste of time and space.
April 11, 2005, 11:28 AM
Adron
[quote author=Grok link=topic=11070.msg108157#msg108157 date=1113218885]
Most of the replies in this thread disappoint me.  Someone came to this community looking for help.  If you are not going to be a positive influence in their learning, then why are you responding?  I wrote a couple of you about your individual responses, and I could have written others.

Attempts to humiliate each other publicly are not welcome here.  Spelling and grammar corrections are generally cheap and a waste of time and space.
[/quote]

Wheee! Grok is back on the forum! Welcome back from the W o W!
April 11, 2005, 2:37 PM
Quarantine
I've already been helping him on AIM :p
April 11, 2005, 7:56 PM
NetNX
http://NetNX.net (Connect to my teamspeak server details on that site) me and l2k-shadow are usually on there... we dont generally mind helping as long as you're not a complete dumbass.
April 20, 2005, 2:40 PM
UnLeaDeD
You can always try a P2P program and find a nice PDF book for VB. :P
April 21, 2005, 1:43 AM
Psycho
Vaughn, I think you would be better off with looking at tutorials and buying a book. And asking Warrior for help, he seems to be the only one really helping you. Good luck. Also if you need I'll make some tutorials for you. Basically just to get you started in learning.
April 26, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yegg
People don't always want to spend money. Of course you can always rent a book, no one ever rents programming books it seems. (Well, my library is in the ghetto so nevermind...). There are plenty of websites out there that provide very informative tutorials for multiple (or even more than whatever that might be) programming languages. The site I prefer is http://programmingtutorials.com, but this is of course not the only site out there. If you ever need quick answers to your question involving programming (or practicaly any computer technology topic there is), you can use http://forums.devshed.com. It's my all time favorite forums site. I would highly suggest using it for help (as well as here on ValhallaLegends Forums). Hope this helps.
April 27, 2005, 8:23 PM
LivedKrad
[quote author=Psycho link=topic=11070.msg109972#msg109972 date=1114518206]
Vaughn, I think you would be better off with looking at tutorials and buying a book. And asking Warrior for help, he seems to be the only one really helping you. Good luck. Also if you need I'll make some tutorials for you. Basically just to get you started in learning.
[/quote]

I'm glad that the few posts Warrior made to this topic were the only ones considered even remotely close to offering help. Thanks for your expert analysis, Psycho.
April 27, 2005, 9:00 PM
Yegg
And mine wasn't? Was his even help? Are you being sarcastic?
April 27, 2005, 11:25 PM
Quarantine
Of course mine was.
April 27, 2005, 11:26 PM
Yegg
:/. Ok whatever.
April 27, 2005, 11:53 PM
Psycho
Thanks, Grok.

Vaughn, do you have Visual Basic 6 on your computer? If you don't I can get a you a copy of it.
April 28, 2005, 4:46 PM
Psycho
Vaughn, I've looked a few places and I've found a few good links to help you learn VB.

http://www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html
http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/vbtutor.html

If I see anymore I'll let you know.
April 28, 2005, 5:38 PM
Yegg
I don't think he'll have trouble finding a copy of Visual Basic 6 [Enterprise]. Nevermind the file sharing softwares but many of the Battle.net related sites also have it in their downloads section.
April 28, 2005, 7:34 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=11070.msg110291#msg110291 date=1114716858]
I don't think he'll have trouble finding a copy of Visual Basic 6 [Enterprise]. Nevermind the file sharing softwares but many of the Battle.net related sites also have it in their downloads section.
[/quote]

Not that that technique is legal or anything...
April 28, 2005, 9:53 PM
Mangix
IMHO, VB is easy if you know All the Objects and Properties, and syntax. i know most of the syntax(from VBScript) and about 1/100 from the objects.

btw, nice place to get very l33t and pirated .pdf eBooks is from our very own hdx :P. ftp://hdx.no-ip.org/myEbooks/
April 29, 2005, 6:58 AM
Psycho
Author:
Psycho

Description:
Tutorial

Requirments:
Visual Basic 6

Below is a few simple methods of the basics to using Visual Basic 6. Please note that the information may be wrong, or different to your methods. But this tutorial shows the basics, and gives the user an understanding to using Visual Basic.

Getting Started

The most important thing with any program, especially programs with more features is to familiarise yourself with its interface. You should look around the program at all its options it has to offer you, and customise it to suit your needs and preferences. Spending time to get to know your program is essential, and will pay off in the future

Naming things to remember them easily

When you drag controls on your form, they are instantly named based on its control, followed by a number representing the current amount of its control kind on the current form. For example adding a command button will be named Command1, yet adding another will be named Command2. This is not good practice, as you will find when adding multiple controls. The way to do it is by using name conventions (or suffixes). Here is a small list example:

* Command Button = cmd
    * Form = frm
    * Label = lbl
    * Picture Box = pic
    * Textbox = txt

Normally if i have only say one Textbox on a form, i would name it txtMain. But with command buttons etc i would name them based on their caption, or action. For example a command button called Exit would be named cmdExit. Why is this better you ask? Because identifying a control named say cmdEnter is better and easier to find then say Command57!

Important Notes

Always use Option Explicit at the top of your code windows, this is to ensure you are using the correctly named variables and that non are mixed up.
You can also make Visual Basic add this automatically to every new code window. Just go to:
Tools > Options > Check "Require Variable Decleration"

Never use END to close your program. Although you can no longer see your program, the memory it has used is stored into the computer's RAM still, which will make the users computer very sluggish The work around is to use Unload Me (you can replace the Me with the form name too). Alternatively you can use Set Me = Nothing (Personally i use Unload Me).
Of course you dont want to repeat code over and over, so from your Main Form, you could add this code, to Unload All Forms From Memory:

Always use the Tab key to space between statements, such as If, Else and Then. It makes it easier to read, thus easier to change later on.

Always use comments, dont worry when you compile your program, the comments are removed and are not added to your final program size

visual basic code:[code]Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Unload()
Dim frm As Form
    For Each frm In Form
        Unload frm
    Next frm
End Sub[/code]

Message Box

To create a simple message you could do the following:

visual basic code:[code]MsgBox ("This is my message")[/code]

Then you can simply add a comma (,) at the end of the closed bracket to be introduced with inital message box options, such as icons etc.

Message Box - [Advanced]

This example shows how to store a response in a variable, so you can answer to a question.

visual basic code:[code]Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim Response As Integer

Response = MsgBox("Exit Program?", vbInformation + vbYesNo, "Title")

If Response = vbYes Then
        Unload Me
    ElseIf Response = vbNo Then
        Me.Refresh
    End If
    End Sub[/code]

It also shows how to add Yes and No to the message box, as well as an icon and Message title.

Menus
If you dont know what a menu is, then dont learn programming
From VB you can easily create menus, however they can only be set at design time. To create them, you must first open the Menu Editor, you can do so by clicking the Menu Editor button from the toolbar or by pressing Ctrl+E. Now, click on the Caption field, and type your Menu bar caption. This example, will show how to create a Edit menu, like the one seen in Notepad. So in the Caption field type &Edit The & means Ampersand, and underlines the following character. Now from the list below, you will see &Edit, before adding a sub item we must name the Menu Item. We will use mnuEdit. Now from the list below, click Insert, and use the arrows if necassary to position the sub item. To let VB know this is a sub item use the Right arrow once.(IE this item goes directly underneath our main menu). Now we add the Undo sub item. So for the caption we add &Undo, and name it mnuEditUndo. Now create a new sub item in the same way. Now we will make a seperator (this is the line that appears in the menu). we use a - (hyphon) for the caption, and i would name it mnuEditSeperator1. Now finish the menu off as you wish, the layout should look like this:

Code:

[code]&Edit ---&Undo ---- ---&Cut ---&Copy ---&Paste ---&Delete ---- ---Select &All[/code]

Close the Menu Editor and look on your form, is the menu there?

Menus - Creating a Popup Menu

To create a popup menu, create a menu like before from the Menu Editor, but make the first Item Visible = False. (you should name it mnuPopup too).

This code will create a popup when the form is right clicked:

visual basic code:[code]Private Sub Form_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    If Button = vbRightButton Then
        Popup mnuPopup
    End If
End Sub[/code]

Its as simple as that

Modules?

What is a module you ask? A module is used to store all your functions and public routines seperately. Apart from it keeping your code editors window clean, it removes the need for repetitive typing. For example, it is better to add code to a module and use 1 line to call it when needed, then to repeat the same code over and over. This code from the module Exits the program when needed:

visual basic code:[code]Public Sub ExitProgram()
Unload frmMain
End Sub[/code]

It has to be named Public so VB knows it is available to all forms. Now, from the form, this code is called when you click either the File > Exit menu item or the Exit Command button, like so (This code goes in your form's code window):

visual basic code:[code]Private Sub mnuFileExit_Click()
Call ExitProgram
End Sub

Private Sub cmdExit_Click()
Call ExitProgram
End Sub[/code]

Although there is no significant size difference in using the code form the module, as there is using it in your form's code, it saves time and space later on when dealing with larger code!

Components and Libraries

A component (ActiveX *.ocx) is a control used in your VB IDE environment. The basic components consist of labels, frames, textboxes etc. You can add new components by going to the Project > Components menu.

Q) When i download a ActiveX component from a third-party web site it doesnt show in the components menu. How do i fix this?

A) ActiveX controls need to be registered to your system. To do this, first its reccomended copying the *.ocx file into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Then goto (from Windows)
Start > Run > regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MyControl.ocx"
Then you may need to restart VB for the changes to take affect.

This applies the same for DLL's (Dynamic Link Libraries).

To unregister the control or Dll goto:
Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MyControl.ocx"
April 30, 2005, 7:21 PM

Search