Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Clanned CD-Key

AuthorMessageTime
NetNX
Can a warcraft 3 cdkey become 'Clanned' Where it cannot participate in creating a new clan channel for a specific amount of time if so how do i tell weather or not a cdkey is clanned? Is it sent in a packet somewhere?
March 16, 2005, 8:02 PM
HdxBmx27
I beleave the clan system goes by username. If it goes by CDkeys then I must of hit a glitch, Because I used the same cdkey, jsut diffrent usernames to create 4 diffrent clans for some friends. All in the same hour.
~-~(HDX)~-~
March 16, 2005, 8:07 PM
Twix
When i help people make clans it logs the key if i try to get on another name it says cd is clanned and have to wait 7 days
March 16, 2005, 9:14 PM
LW-Falcon
I've made 2 clans with the same cd key twice in a day too.
March 16, 2005, 10:30 PM
LoRd
I've always assumed that the check is based on CD-Key as well as usernames.  I once even had an idea to make a bot that would create every possible clan channel, but I quickly realized that the check had to be based on something other than just usernames, but I've never done any testing on the subject.
March 16, 2005, 11:02 PM
TaGBaN
As far as I know, the only key that I've had issues re-using is the key being used for the chieftain. But that resolved itself after a day. I'd imagine that it makes usernames wait for 7 days, but possibly CDKeys only 24 Hours? This may be mistaken, but its just a guess. :)
March 18, 2005, 4:19 PM

Search