Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | FFS!

AuthorMessageTime
QwertyMonster
Why did somebody delete the .dll post i made? I was trying to read from it and learn. Could Craz3d please say what he did, about the CreateObject, im TOTALLY confused!
March 14, 2005, 7:33 PM
KkBlazekK
http://www.google.com
March 14, 2005, 7:36 PM
QwertyMonster
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=10924.msg103815#msg103815 date=1110829019]
http://www.google.com
[/quote]

That doesnt answer why somebody deleted the topic and what CrAz3d said. But in a way i can just use it to search. Bah. I wanna know why  my topic was deleted though.
March 14, 2005, 7:39 PM
KkBlazekK
Maybe its the fact that you want us to do all your work for you... and if we don't you say we aren't helping and to remove our posts. :-\
March 14, 2005, 7:48 PM
QwertyMonster
No. What i mean is somebody posted help. One line of code as an example. i was trying to learn and i was the edge of it, and i come bk to find its GONE. now im back to 0%. And they say vl help? ... Im quite annoyed right now

Edit:

I ask for this help AGAIN.

Once ive made my Active X .dll i want to be able to use it. Now Cr4z3d said something about CreateObject, ive forgot now cos sum1 deleted the TOPIC. I think it was

[code]

MyObject = CreateObject( ?? ?? ??)

[/code]

Ok once i've got that. I would Declare it, "My.dll" and then

[code]

Dim MyObject as string
MyObject.Connect

[/code]

Making a .connect in my .dll or something like that.

I THINK its done like that. Whoever deleted the topic, is there a way to put it BACK, just so i can look at it. Im extremely pissed off atm.
March 14, 2005, 7:51 PM
Grok
We do help, and this matter is being investigated.  You might not ever find out what happened, we might solve it interally, but light is being shed on this to find out.  Thanks for pointing out the deletion.  I'm sure a moderator will own up to the delete and explain internally or publicly what happened.  It could be an accident, or there could be a good reason.  Either way, sorry for the inconvenience as your useful portions were also deleted.
March 14, 2005, 9:05 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=10924.msg103819#msg103819 date=1110829867]
No. What i mean is somebody posted help. One line of code as an example. i was trying to learn and i was the edge of it, and i come bk to find its GONE. now im back to 0%. And they say vl help? ... Im quite annoyed right now

Edit:

I ask for this help AGAIN.

Once ive made my Active X .dll i want to be able to use it. Now Cr4z3d said something about CreateObject, ive forgot now cos sum1 deleted the TOPIC. I think it was

[code]

MyObject = CreateObject( ?? ?? ??)

[/code]

Ok once i've got that. I would Declare it, "My.dll" and then

[code]

Dim MyObject as string
MyObject.Connect

[/code]

Making a .connect in my .dll or something like that.

I THINK its done like that. Whoever deleted the topic, is there a way to put it BACK, just so i can look at it. Im extremely pissed off atm.

[/quote]

Shouldn't MyObject be an Object, not String?
March 14, 2005, 9:08 PM
QwertyMonster
[quote author=Grok link=topic=10924.msg103828#msg103828 date=1110834350]
We do help, and this matter is being investigated.  You might not ever find out what happened, we might solve it interally, but light is being shed on this to find out.  Thanks for pointing out the deletion.  I'm sure a moderator will own up to the delete and explain internally or publicly what happened.  It could be an accident, or there could be a good reason.  Either way, sorry for the inconvenience as your useful portions were also deleted.
[/quote]

Looking at the time it was deleted, but im not accusing anybody here, the only admin on was Kp. No hidden people or anything. Im not accusing him, but hey.

I would like for it to be brought back, if possible. But i did PM Craz3d to say what he did say (if he can remember). And if he does respond with correct information, the topic wont be needed. Although it might for others to get help. Thank you for looking into the problem.

UserLoser: You are correct. My mistake.
March 14, 2005, 9:10 PM
CrAz3D
dll project code:

[code]
Public Sub Connect(address,port)
form1.winsock1.connect address, port
end sub
[/code]

Host project code
[code]
Dim Obj as object
set obj = createobject("Project1.Class1")

Obj.Connect "battle.net",6112
[/code]

I think I forgot to SET 'obj = ' last time, this should work.  You can always keep going with this and probably add your own events
March 15, 2005, 12:27 AM
QwertyMonster
Effect, not everybody is a brainy vb programmer. He "wasted" his time helping me because he is a kind person.

Thank you CrAz3D for your help.

Edit:

I have this at the moment:

[code]

Dim MyObj as Object
Set MyObj = CreateObject("BNLC.BNLCCore")
[/code]

BNLC being my Project name. I put the " in and when i type BNLC. i have no choice, and still no choice even without the ".  So im guessing something is wrong? Could somebody please explain what i've done wrong? And how i could fix it? Thanks in advance! :-*

Edit 2: Unless it doesnt give u a choice, and it will still work. But still. Thanks in advance!

Edit 3:I have this

[code]
Private Declare Function Mydll Lib "mydll.dll" ()
Dim Obj1 As Object
Set Obj1 = CreateObject("BNLC.BNLCCore")
[/code]

So if i typed "Mydll.Connect", would it go to the Mydll.dll and go to the function "Connect", and do it?

If it does, why do i need

[code]
Dim Obj1 As Object
[/code]

Bit confused. Explain? :-\
March 15, 2005, 3:41 PM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=10924.msg103924#msg103924 date=1110901263]
[code]
Private Declare Function Mydll Lib "mydll.dll" ()
Dim Obj1 As Object
[/code]

So if i typed "Mydll.Connect", would it go to the Mydll.dll and go to the function "Connect", and do it?

If it does, why do i need

[code]
Dim Obj1 As Object
[/code]

Bit confused. Explain? :-\
[/quote]

No,  Declaring a blank library isn't going to make vb read that archive. It will check local archives for one with a project name BNLC, then go to the BNLCCore class module. IIRC
March 15, 2005, 8:08 PM
QwertyMonster
Ok. So i will need all that code for it all to work. But will the person who uses the .dll too in their code, will they need all that, in order for it to work?
March 15, 2005, 8:22 PM
KkBlazekK
Declaring a procedure in a dll, is assuming that your only going to use that function, you don't want to load the WHOLE library, just a bit of it. (or am I wrong?)
March 15, 2005, 8:58 PM
QwertyMonster
Ok right. So once i have compiled my .dll with a function "Connect" in it, just giving out a msgbox saying "Heya!", and gave it to you. What would you need in your code for it to work? Thats what im stuck on. :-\
March 15, 2005, 9:00 PM
KkBlazekK
If I were you, I would declare the dll if its always being used, but it if was a plugin of a sort, that changes, I would do the create object method.

[code]
Public Declare Sub Connect Lib "MyDLL"()
[/code]
vs
[code]
Dim Obj1 As Object
[/code]
--
[code]
Connect
[/code]
vs
[code]
Obj1.Connect
[/code]
March 15, 2005, 9:04 PM
QwertyMonster
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=10924.msg103972#msg103972 date=1110920655]
If I were you, I would declare the dll if its always being used, but it if was a plugin of a sort, that changes, I would do the create object method.

[code]
Public Declare Sub Connect Lib "MyDLL"()
[/code]
vs
[code]
Dim Obj1 As Object
[/code]
--
[code]
Connect
[/code]
vs
[code]
Obj1.Connect
[/code]
[/quote]

Ahh i see! The only thing im now thinking about is, what would the user put in his code in order to use my .dll :-\

The
[code]
dim blah as object
SetObject = blah blah(" blah blah ")
[/code]

Would the person put that?
March 15, 2005, 9:12 PM
KkBlazekK
Both of the two ways I posted before would work for them.
March 15, 2005, 9:21 PM
QwertyMonster
Execelent! Im 100% understand. Now Somebody, do NOT delete this topic. Else ill murder somebody!

Gotta hand it to you Blaze, ur good at teaching.

Thanks Blaze and all others who helped!  :-*  :-*
March 15, 2005, 9:23 PM
NetNX
I learned to do this from an example on pscode.com they accually have some well written examples and some pretty cool idea's i suggest you check it out if your still alittle unsure on what your doing.
March 16, 2005, 3:27 PM
QwertyMonster
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=10924.msg104042#msg104042 date=1110986849]
I learned to do this from an example on pscode.com they accually have some well written examples and some pretty cool idea's i suggest you check it out if your still alittle unsure on what your doing.
[/quote]

Thanks NetNx. I heard pscode is a good website, ill check it out when i get some free time! :P
March 16, 2005, 3:33 PM

Search