Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | How do I create a icon?

AuthorMessageTime
prairienetworks
This is going to sound ridiculously stupid to most of you but... I just started with VB and I created the first "Hello World" program and some other simple ones. I am wondering how to create my own icon on the .exe (when you compile the program) sort of like "assbot". How/where do you go to get a picture on the program instead of a VB form icon? Thanks for your help.
April 18, 2003, 2:31 AM
ILurker
Just go to download.com Search for " Icon Editor "
You should be able to find one quite easily.
April 18, 2003, 2:41 AM
prairienetworks
Thanks, I was just making sure there wasn't some VB command that I wasn't aware of. Who knows, maybe I'll make a icon editor when I get more experienced. :)
April 18, 2003, 2:44 AM
ILurker
I doubt it.
April 18, 2003, 4:15 AM
Stealth
[quote author=™ILurker™ link=board=17;threadid=1080;start=0#msg8015 date=1050639320]
I doubt it.
[/quote]

What kind of a comment is that to make? We'll see who's making snide remarks when Prairie Networks Icon Editor Pro is topping the download.com hit charts ;D
April 18, 2003, 4:26 AM
Camel
omfg, are you making fun of iconed.exe!?!?
i could like, almost install 98 just for that single file alone!

[edit] anyways, to answer your question, click on the form you want to change the icon of, and find 'icon' in the properties window. then go to project->(projectname) settings, and select the form from the dropdown box
April 18, 2003, 5:10 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=1080;start=0#msg8019 date=1050642606]
omfg, are you making fun of iconed.exe!?!?
i could like, almost install 98 just for that single file alone!
[/quote]

Or you could write your own iconed.exe.

Edit: added some words
April 18, 2003, 6:11 AM
Fpa
[me=Fpa]sighs[/me]

Setting A Project Icon (For Dummies)
download the trial of microangelo and create yur self an icon in:
- 16x16
- 32 x 32

save it

go in yur vb project, open your form, click on it, go in properties window on the right, find 'Icon' click in the empty box next to it, it will open a browse window, choose the icon you just created, repeat for additional forms.

then if u wish, right click on the vb project in your project window on the right, click properties, and set the form icon to your project icon.
April 24, 2003, 7:05 PM

Search