Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | CD Burner on the fritz

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
Well, my burner has lost it's mind, or something. 

I can burn audio cds fine, problem is that about half way through them the music gets staticy like.  This never happened before & I've burned multiple cds so it isn't a once-in-a-lifetime thing.  Any suggestions?  Reinstall drivers (whatever that means)?

MUCHO thanks, I don't feel like buying a new burner
March 1, 2005, 5:19 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I cant see how music burnt from a digital source can be static unless ur using recordings of old cassetes etc. Maybe the lens needs cleaning or new speakers.
March 1, 2005, 6:11 PM
iago
Some music has some kind of copy protection crap that sounds like static. 

Have you tried listening to the actual mp3's? And does this happen to mp3's that used to work?
March 1, 2005, 6:22 PM
shout
I find that when a CD-Burner dies, it does not have problems writing, it just won't write.
March 1, 2005, 8:47 PM
Fr0z3N
[quote author=Shout link=topic=10763.msg102098#msg102098 date=1109710044]
I find that when a CD-Burner dies, it does not have problems writing, it just won't write.
[/quote]

I agree, happened to me.
March 1, 2005, 9:49 PM
CrAz3D
I've listened to the files on the computer itself, they work fine.  I've listened to the disc in multiple players, all have 'static' sounds.  I have NOT tried to burn older mp3s, but I will do that when I get home.  My sister told me she tried to burn a cd & play on her cd player, also staticy.

REALLY weird stuff
March 1, 2005, 10:02 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=JoeTheOdd link=topic=10763.msg102105#msg102105 date=1109714757]
If you can't find any other way, go pirate the MP3's. These ones may work, and its not actually pirating if you bought the actual CD. (AFAIK..)
[/quote]uhm....that is where these mp3s caem from to begin with? ;)

That is why calling BestBuy would be a last resort type of thing.  (We bought a warranty with our computer there)
March 1, 2005, 10:20 PM
Trance
The lense might be dirty, might consider seeing if it's still under warranty and sending it to the manufacture for cleaning.
March 2, 2005, 12:05 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Trance link=topic=10763.msg102132#msg102132 date=1109721951]
The lense might be dirty, might consider seeing if it's still under warranty and sending it to the manufacture for cleaning.
[/quote]Ok, thanks
March 2, 2005, 12:26 AM
CrAz3D
Freakin BestBuy!!!  What they've done (since wednesday) is run a diagnostic on the burner & it checked out fine.  They said they are going to install SP2 & see what that does, then if that doesn't work they'll try a new drive.  They will HOPEFULLY give me a call this afternoon.  I could've installed SP2 if I wanted to!!! WTF is their problem.

Customer service @ ALL places is going downhill FAST!
March 4, 2005, 5:54 PM
tA-Kane
They're going to install Service Pack 2? Why didn't you have it installed in the first place?
March 5, 2005, 11:53 AM
CrAz3D
Too lazy to sit through the install?

Anyways, on friday after noon they weren't done (I called 3 times).  My dad picked it up saturday (I was out of town), my sister tried to burn a disk, still broken.  I got home today went in & told them it didn't work.  They hooked up a car stereo (why I don't know) & burned a new disk & tried it.  It worked, but they gave me a new drive anyway.  Said it would take 45 min for them to install so I said I'd do it myself.

It all works now.
March 7, 2005, 12:51 AM

Search