Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Sample Bot

AuthorMessageTime
ILurker
Finally, I have taken some time to modify samplebot from the last patch, and release it.

Samplebot:
[Starcraft & Brood War Only]

Download:...
http://www.wolfness.com/simi/chaosbot/samplebot.zip

Feel free to rip this off all you want, I don't care.
April 17, 2003, 2:33 AM
TheMinistered
I want to thank you for posting an example, good job! however, before even opening, I prophicy that I will end up posting correctiong/tips, first thing I see are naming conventions are _horrible_ but thats okay you can work on them, these are all things to help you out, don't take them the wrong way. Take them and use them to improve further.

[edit 1]
Please do not put things like ...

[code]
'Sample Bot By: iLurker'
[/code]

Then not give credit to authors of other parts of your source. You are misleading people who read the source code. If there is any doubt in who wrote it, I could consider it plagiarism.

[edit 2]
If you are going to take a modular approach (Yes, I see your class modules, but the majority of the project is modular, and what class modules that do appear in his project appear to be the works of others) then please name modules according to what would be contained. Try breaking the code up into modules, each module handling different things. Then place the functions/subs into the corresponding modules. I'm sure you _all_ know this already though, so enough said.

[edit 3]
Please try to keep a constant coding style through out the project. From looking at all the files contained in the project, each one contains a various flavor of coding. While this does proove that some of the code isn't yours, it also decreases readability (cough no 1337 chat coding cough). Try to improve here.

[edit 4]
Try to atleast make some optimizations, there are tons out there.
April 17, 2003, 3:16 AM
Camel
[edit 1]
don't _ever_ apologize before you've done anything wrong
April 17, 2003, 5:45 AM
MesiaH
[code] pbuffer.InsertNTString "BinaryGateway"[/code]

i thought this code looked familiar...
April 17, 2003, 6:04 AM
ILurker
I needed a little help with some parts of the bot :-\
April 17, 2003, 2:59 PM
St0rm.iD
ILurker: WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET MY SOURCE FROM?
April 20, 2003, 8:48 PM
Fr0z3N
st0rm your source?

i havent loked at that one yet, no time!
April 20, 2003, 10:44 PM
MesiaH
[quote]ILurker: WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET MY SOURCE FROM? [/quote]

lmao@that
April 21, 2003, 12:41 AM
St0rm.iD
Most likely Ethbot or some version of BG...
April 21, 2003, 1:02 AM
Etheran
*whistles innocently*

Edit: Module3.bas is a direct copy and paste from ethbot, no modification or anything that I can tell.

Edit2: Good to see my ReverseString algorithm in use in Module4.bas. :D
April 21, 2003, 5:14 AM
FyRe
eww @ profile
April 21, 2003, 5:45 AM
Camel
[quote author=Etheran link=board=17;threadid=1076;start=0#msg8149 date=1050902091]Edit2: Good to see my ReverseString algorithm in use in Module4.bas. :D[/quote]
just use StrReverse...
April 21, 2003, 2:21 PM

Search