Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Assembly Language (any cpu) | Map Hack with Tsearch

AuthorMessageTime
hierholzer
I need help narrowing down the adresses to the ones that reveal the map. I start out with an unknown value then I go into the game and type blacksheep wall. after that I go to changed value. I cant seem to get it more narrowed down after that.  I have the map 64 * 64 Thanks

February 22, 2005, 3:10 AM
Myndfyr
You might consider setting up a UMS game with one computer opponent so that the computer doesn't actually do anything and just sits there.  Less things change that way ;-)
February 22, 2005, 6:50 AM
soLo.abUse
How about view the replay of a game?  Pause the replay, scan memory, reveal the map, scan memory, hide the map, scan memory, and so on.
February 22, 2005, 7:50 AM
hierholzer
Ya I have it so one comp is there and dosent do anything.  and I have only the adresses under local.dll since that deals that maps. But I still can't narrow it down more then 21 thousand. Ill give the replay thing a try. If you have any other ideas let me know Thanks..
February 22, 2005, 8:20 PM
soLo.abUse
If you just want to directly write to the memory address holding the value whether to show the entire map or not (which you could find from my view a replay suggestion), that's in Starcraft.exe
February 22, 2005, 8:22 PM
hierholzer
Ok I tryed your replay thing with the same results but, I only have it under local.dll. Your telling my that i should not have it under there for that to work? And should I still keep it on mem_Private? Thanks
February 22, 2005, 8:31 PM
soLo.abUse
[quote author=hierholzer link=topic=10667.msg101049#msg101049 date=1109104263]
Ok I tryed your replay thing with the same results but, I only have it under local.dll. Your telling my that i should not have it under there for that to work? And should I still keep it on mem_Private? Thanks
[/quote]

Oh, woops!  Sorry, I'm not familiar with TSearch, but previously in the past I used a simple program called ArtMoney.  I recall it took me only a few scans before I narrowed it down to a few memory addresses containing the values I needed.  Then from there it was guess-and-check with changing the value of each memory address using WriteProcessMemory().
February 23, 2005, 2:11 AM
hierholzer
Alright Ill give that a try. Thanks
February 23, 2005, 3:03 AM
hierholzer
In trying to narrow it down what values should I be looking for? Is it lower such is 0 - 200 or is it a higher number? Is there any pattern that you would look for when narrowing the adresses down? Thanks
February 23, 2005, 3:09 AM
soLo.abUse
[quote author=hierholzer link=topic=10667.msg101138#msg101138 date=1109128173]
In trying to narrow it down what values should I be looking for? Is it lower such is 0 - 200 or is it a higher number? Is there any pattern that you would look for when narrowing the adresses down? Thanks
[/quote]

It'll be either a 1 or a 0.  I don't recall if you have the checkbox checked and it shows the map or not, but if the checkbox is checked, then the value is 1, otherwise, it's 0.  Assuming you're using it correctly, start out scanning for integral numbers with a value matching your checkbox value.  From there, click the checkbox to toggle the minimap display value, scan, toggle, scan, toggle, scan, ..., and doing it until you get down to about 1-10 addresses.  This may take time.
February 23, 2005, 3:54 AM
Adron
When doing this you should be aware that the 0/1 for replay doesn't just affect the display of map information. If you set that to 1 during a real game you're likely to have a lot of other things start breaking.
February 23, 2005, 3:30 PM
Quarantine
Wouldn't an alternative be to place map [s]protectors[/s] detectors all over the map?
February 23, 2005, 7:12 PM
hierholzer
Heres where im at. I am useing a replay of a use map settings game 64 * 64. I start in the middle of the map and I made the comp in the top left. I gave it no AI. I start narrowing down adresses with unknown value. Then I toggle Reveal Map and dont reveal map on and off. I narrowed The values that are 1 when the map is displayed and an 0 when its not displayed. (About 6 of them) I try to freeze the 1's that I have, Then I take off the reveal map and I get this error. "Starcraft has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." The Standered Windows Dooche Messege. 
Can somone tell me where im goin wrong?  Thanks again for the help!
February 23, 2005, 8:07 PM
Quarantine
You froze the value and it tried to set it back to zero.  (guess)
February 23, 2005, 9:18 PM
soLo.abUse
[quote author=Adron link=topic=10667.msg101184#msg101184 date=1109172623]
When doing this you should be aware that the 0/1 for replay doesn't just affect the display of map information. If you set that to 1 during a real game you're likely to have a lot of other things start breaking.
[/quote]

I only tested this a couple times (I don't actually play Starcraft), but I never experienced anything appearing to break.

[quote author=hierholzer link=topic=10667.msg101225#msg101225 date=1109189264]
Heres where im at. I am useing a replay of a use map settings game 64 * 64. I start in the middle of the map and I made the comp in the top left. I gave it no AI. I start narrowing down adresses with unknown value. Then I toggle Reveal Map and dont reveal map on and off. I narrowed The values that are 1 when the map is displayed and an 0 when its not displayed. (About 6 of them) I try to freeze the 1's that I have, Then I take off the reveal map and I get this error. "Starcraft has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." The Standered Windows Dooche Messege. 
Can somone tell me where im goin wrong?  Thanks again for the help!
[/quote]

How are you writing to Starcraft's memory, and what are the addresses you've found?
February 23, 2005, 9:46 PM
hierholzer
When you say (Writing Starcrafts Memory) Im guessing that your talking about how many bytes. Im using 2 bytes. Theres no real easy way to copy the adresses so im just going to show you some of them.

13EB53 - 13EB56

13EB5F
643B34 

Well... There are quite a few. If you need more just ask. Thanks
February 24, 2005, 1:41 AM
hierholzer
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant get this to work will somone please help me? I have got adreeses froze to freeze the map being on but other things crash with it  :-\
Thanks again for support
February 24, 2005, 11:51 PM
Quarantine
So you have the address that displays the map on a map replay correct? Now that you freeze the value  for it to be true, you do anything else and it crashes? I personally see no need to freeze it, just set it to true.
February 25, 2005, 12:30 AM
hierholzer
Does those addresses support any other thing on starcraft like maby the option to reveal the map or not. Im just wondering because when I was checking for the addresses to show the map, I always had trouble selecting the reveal map option. Im 
pretty sure I have the right addresses selected b/c there value is 1 when I can see the map and 0 when I cant see it.
February 25, 2005, 1:40 AM
hierholzer
Ok I found some values that may have somthing im just doing it wrong.  Black sheep wall off - 256 1025 256 1025 256 1025 256 1025 256 1025 is the pattern.. the values there are on addresses 5A75E7 to 5A7678.. when I have black sheep wall on they change to this pattern. 65280 1279 65280 1279 65280 1279 65280 1279 65280 1279 .. when I freeze these fog still comes on and off but the comp dissappers and comes back. (This is not on replay) I also got values that fluxuate from 0 to 1 ( off and on bsw) But they just seem to glitch cheat enabled and cheat disabled. Does anyone know if I should try some other values or if thats what its sopost to do Thanks
February 25, 2005, 2:11 AM
hierholzer
Ok can somone tell me if this tut  works in 1.12b because its made for 1.11 that might be why I cant get this working http://www.ghu.as.ro/ghtuts/snaky2.htm is the tut.

Thanks
March 3, 2005, 3:04 AM
Twix
I remeber seen that same exact site on another site and they said it didnt work

with Tsearch keep doing the same exact steps a few times it should limt it down to the one offset u need
March 3, 2005, 3:50 AM

Search