Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | SC 1.12 Changes for Bots..

AuthorMessageTime
TaGBaN
Ok, first change that I noticed that affects bots...was the use of SC Colors is completely removed.

Any text following a color code is hidden...and appears as nothingness in the chat box.

I've also noticed that in the SC Gui. the friendslist is obviously crap. They don't even have a label for it to let you know what view you are in. The channel button now switches from friendslist view, back to Channel list view.

I was wondering if someone wanted to develop some sort of new 'standardized' color formula, that would be publicized for any bot developer to use. Since the SC colors are removed, something that wouldn't even show up would be neat.

I'm adding some strange custom colors to my bot for now, just to give it something fun to play with...

Either way, what are your thoughts on this?

Also, did anyone notice if D2 colors even work anymore?

~Tagban
February 17, 2005, 3:47 AM
KoRe
well i dont know if the colors "where Removed" because the reps still use colors. in text speech, so im guessing they are still there but they just changed the format of how to use them not sure but it could be true.
February 17, 2005, 4:01 AM
TaGBaN
So it could possibly just be a new code? or just even something totally different than that?
February 17, 2005, 4:21 AM
Kp
The SC colors to which you refer were a bug brought about by extremely incompetent UTF8 decoding.  The colors to which Kore refers are an innate property of the clients, which color text based upon the flags of the speaker.  Specifically, Blizzard staff and bncs admins speak in blue, operators in white, special guests in yellow.
February 17, 2005, 4:23 AM
KoRe
there is always a possibliity never say never.
February 17, 2005, 5:12 AM
Quarantine
Thats a client side feature I believe and they are recognized by thier Flags.
February 17, 2005, 5:21 AM
NetNX
Its simple...

-Make colors for starcraft AG(color or whatever disabled in your bot by default because they fixed it on starcraft and there is no point in beating a dead horse
-Diablo II colors were removed except for profiles so if you want to add colors add them to profiles using the yC(color) format...
-Lets make a new color format that uses hex values and simplifies them with a format with more colors and stability and make it open source and have it run like something from the old ethernal bot's encryptions

if anyone wants to co-write one with me we could get on that :)
February 17, 2005, 3:51 PM
TaGBaN
NetNX I'd be happy to help you with that. Things should be simplified, and possibly use charactors that client's don't recognize to display colors (so as not to show pure garbage in the channel) ?
February 17, 2005, 4:53 PM
Dyndrilliac
I really, really do not see the point in writing a color format to replace that which was removed as a _BUG FIX_.

Consider this. Even if you create a color formatting function for sending and recieving text for bots, the average client will not be able to read this text properly without making third party patches/hacks/programs to hook into the clients and add this feature. Therefore, the effort it would require to do this properly is rather extreme for very little benefit.
February 17, 2005, 5:55 PM
Spilled[DW]
Agreed, the amount of work and effort put toward something like this is not worth the benefit you would be recieving. -.-
February 17, 2005, 5:58 PM
QwertyMonster
Umm, well it took 3 months to stop winbots from working (Ladder)

Pro_User, 3 hours of packet logs and hes already got a winbot working again.

So why not make colours again, it will be like bringing 1.11b back again.

To be honest, i do hate winbot, colours and everything, but if winbots is back ALREADY, then why not bring the rest  :-\
February 17, 2005, 8:47 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=10593.msg100228#msg100228 date=1108673255]
Umm, well it took 3 months to stop winbots from working (Ladder)

Pro_User, 3 hours of packet logs and hes already got a winbot working again.

So why not make colours again, it will be like bringing 1.11b back again.

To be honest, i do hate winbot, colours and everything, but if winbots is back ALREADY, then why not bring the rest  :-\
[/quote]

You don't make colors, people are just emulating stupid bugs for whatever reasons.

It doesn't matter if there's patch or not because the format of the packet used to notify b.net about the game has never changed.
February 17, 2005, 8:53 PM
KkBlazekK
Down with colours!
February 17, 2005, 9:13 PM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=Blaze - (S-1-0-0) link=topic=10593.msg100237#msg100237 date=1108674807]
Down with colours!
[/quote]

Colors*
February 17, 2005, 9:36 PM
KkBlazekK
Not where I live...
February 17, 2005, 10:16 PM
^
Colors... American
Colours... English

For me: Colours.
February 17, 2005, 10:23 PM
KkBlazekK
There a quite a few words like that...

The American vs English that is...

Edit: Typo
February 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
CrAz3D
Sorta like Mexican vs. Spanish

& YES, there is such thing as Mexican.  It's got different ways of doing things from spanish.
February 17, 2005, 11:40 PM
Forged
Yes much diffrent.
February 17, 2005, 11:43 PM
Eternal
[quote author=Blaze - (S-1-0-0) link=topic=10593.msg100255#msg100255 date=1108680977]
There a quite a few words like that...

The Amercian vs English that is...
[/quote]

Hey Blaze, you live in the UK? Just wondered if you're anywhere near me? (London)
February 18, 2005, 7:33 AM
QwertyMonster
I live 3hours away from London.

I live on the east coast, by the wash

Aka Norfolk :D
February 18, 2005, 10:11 AM
NetNX
It's 'color' not 'colour'

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=colour&word2=color

<3

--------

Anyway back on the topic of colors im going to write the color system as an encrpytion format kind of thing it will be open source i will post it on here soon and ask for input :)
February 18, 2005, 3:24 PM

Search