Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | WinCVS making my blood boil!!

AuthorMessageTime
shout
Not just a little boil. All my blood evaporated about 3 hours ago.

Alright. I have been trying to get WinCvs working for four hours now, and have gotten frustrated enough to throw the damn keyboard across the room into a wall, and now I have no right alt, control, or shift and the platic on the keyboard broken.

But anyway.

Whenever I go Remote->Import module, and leave everything at defualt, I get:
[code]
D:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.3\cvsnt\cvs: invalid option -- k
[/code]

Okay... So I ignore all binary files. I get:
[code]
Unknown command: `message Packet avendor arelease'
[/code]

So I check "Don't create vender branch or realese tags"
[code]
Unknown command: `message -n Packet'
[/code]

I keep fixing the errors I get until I get to
[code]
Unknown command: 'I'
[/code]

And these errors never really get fixed.

Then there is nothing I can change.  I have installed many diffrent versions of WinCvs, and all of them come up with the same things. I tried tortiseCVS, that did the same thing, and as did Cygwin.

I have absolutly no idea what to do.
February 15, 2005, 3:05 AM
iago
If you have "cvs.exe", I can give you the exact syntax of the commandline stuff.  See if you can get it working with my examples, which are somewhere on this page: http://www.javaop.com/plugins.html

Although Kp will disagree, I'm sure, I generally find it considerably easier to use CVS through an IDE (like Eclipse) than straight commandline.  Although I know the commandline pretty well, it's so inconvenient to do a lot of stuff (which in my opinion is a design flaw in CVS -- like not being able to rename files easily, stuff like that)
February 15, 2005, 3:26 AM
Zakath
I use CVSNT (never heard of WinCVS before). It runs as a service, and I had very little trouble setting it up. Might try looking into that? This assumes of course that you have an NT-based kernel; don't think CVS for NT will run on 9x.
February 17, 2005, 5:07 AM
shout
Who uses 9x? Anyone? Anywhere? Pfft, 3.1 pwns.

I shall try.
February 17, 2005, 5:09 AM
Adron
WinCVS is a graphical CVS client, not a CVS server. I'm pretty sure WinCVS includes the command line tools from cvsnt too, as indicated by the path from the first post.

Also, I've used WinCVS and I never had any of the troubles described here.
February 17, 2005, 5:19 PM

Search