Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Unidentified Hardware Problem

AuthorMessageTime
TehUser
I'm having some trouble with some hardware.  Basically, during an installation of Norton Systemworks, it required a reboot.  The display never came back online.  I can hear the hard drive and cooling fan spin up, but nothing displays on screen.  The motherboard has no AGP slot and the video card is on-board, so I have no means of testing if that was the problem.  I tried disconnecting the drives to see if one of them was shorting something out, but that didn't appear to be the case.  Does anyone have ideas?
February 12, 2005, 2:48 AM
Grok
Get a $20 PCI video card and use it to see what's up.
February 12, 2005, 9:05 PM
Adron
Do you hear the beep? Suggest you pull everything out but the cpu, memory and internal speaker and see if you get a beep...
February 12, 2005, 10:26 PM
shout
Try reseting the bios.
February 12, 2005, 10:27 PM
TehUser
[quote]
Do you hear the beep? Suggest you pull everything out but the cpu, memory and internal speaker and see if you get a beep...
[/quote]

There is no beeping, even when I disconnected all unnecessary items.

[quote]
Try reseting the bios.
[/quote]

Tried that, no change.
February 13, 2005, 1:38 AM
tA-Kane
Sounds like your motherboard is bombed. What you can do is pour a little bit of water on your motherboard while it's running to make sure it stays cool. ;D

I hope you have a fire extinguisher handy, btw.
February 13, 2005, 3:12 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=tA-Kane link=topic=10522.msg99522#msg99522 date=1108264326]
Sounds like your motherboard is bombed. What you can do is pour a little bit of water on your motherboard while it's running to make sure it stays cool. ;D

I hope you have a fire extinguisher handy, btw.
[/quote] Not neccessarily.

I would do some diagnostics with a second board if you can. Try dropping the proc and ram in another system if one is available to you and see what happens.
February 13, 2005, 5:06 AM

Search