Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Socks4/5

AuthorMessageTime
PiaNKA
There have been a lot of questions about how to add proxy support to a bot in this forum; I wrote a tutorial:

http://pianka.net/tutorials/Socks.txt

I just figured I'd post it here if anybody wanted it.

Edit: Should this go in the Bot Development forum?
February 9, 2005, 9:18 PM
QwertyMonster
Heh nice tutorial.

This can belong anywhere to be honest, try posting it in Bot Devolpment as well to get more attention to it.
February 9, 2005, 9:58 PM
Myndfyr
Overall a nicely-written tutorial.  I liked:
[quote]
Our server will be 12.34.56.789 and port will
be 1080.
[/quote]
which completely ignores the fact that 789 is outside the valid range of values that an individual part of an IP address can take (as each is supposed to be only a single byte).
February 10, 2005, 12:16 AM
PiaNKA
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=10492.msg99088#msg99088 date=1107994619]
which completely ignores the fact that 789 is outside the valid range of values that an individual part of an IP address can take (as each is supposed to be only a single byte).
[/quote]

Valid point, but I'm not sure that anybody will actually try to use that as a proxy...otherwise I doubt they'd actually understand the rest of the tutorial. It was just an example. If your heart so desires, I can change it?
February 10, 2005, 12:37 AM
LoRd
Why would someone want to use that when a much more in-depth tutorial can be found here?
February 10, 2005, 12:40 AM
JoeTheOdd
Because that link was yet to be posted, milord.
February 10, 2005, 3:59 AM
PiaNKA
LoRd: You forget that the point of a tutorial is to learn and the link you just posted is documentation. Someone who doesn't know how to code it, can use my tutorial; someone who knows how to code but needs the protocol layout, can use the documentation provided.
February 10, 2005, 11:27 PM

Search