Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Say hello to...

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
...one of the top 5 WRs in the country, period.  He will only get better next year.  6'4" 210 lb, will be a JR next year.

This year:  67 catches, 1177 yards, 13 TDs

Video:  [url]http://dmbot.valhallalegends.com/hicks.wmv[/url]
February 9, 2005, 8:55 PM
DrivE
Dude... there is only one catch on that video. If I played NCAA football long enough I'd get some miraculous play for game film. Could you put up more video please?
February 9, 2005, 9:33 PM
DarkMinion
I doubt you could've pulled off that play vs. Fabian Washington, one of the country's best corners who is entering the NFL draft early and looking to be a high pick.

Yeah, that's the guy he treated like his bitch in the video.

The only other videos I have are game highlight videos that include plays of his, they're fairly large...

It doesn't matter anyway, he's just a dominant receiver...you don't see too many sophomores putting up those kinds of numbers.
February 9, 2005, 9:55 PM
DrivE
Yea, but we've seen some crash and burn. Put up the highlights I seriously want to watch them.

Being considered "good" or "exceptional" doesn't really mean anything. Remember Freddie Mitchell? #1 draft pick for the Eagles 3 years ago and has as many touchdown receptions as some linebackers (*cough*Tedy Bruschi*cough*).
February 10, 2005, 1:54 AM
DarkMinion
I agree with your point, but since he has actually been producing on the field so far....

I'll upload any highlight vids that include plays with him tomorrow.
February 10, 2005, 9:52 AM
Grok
Hazard why are you so negative?  Are you bitter?  You sound bitter.
February 11, 2005, 3:42 PM
DrivE
I have a negative approach to life on two things, one being politics and the second being athletes. I'm sick of hearing about these so called "awesome athletes" and "excellent prospects" from everyone when the only thing that matters is what happens come game time.
February 11, 2005, 7:56 PM
DarkMinion
Don't his stats make it obvious that he performs well?
February 11, 2005, 8:08 PM
DrivE
Statistics, in my opinion, don't mean much. It is decided on a case by case basis, which is why I want to see some more of his stuff if you have it. For instance, it's stupid to decide how valuable a player like Brian Westbrook is by looking at his statistics. He doesn't have a fantastic YPC average, he doesn't have spectacular rushing yardage for the season and doesn't get all that many 100 yard games. But you have to look at him as a whole including his recieving numbers, pass blocking, and most importantly his locker room attitutde to understand what an excellent player he is.
February 11, 2005, 8:20 PM
DarkMinion
I'm still not getting your point.  I've seen the guy come through in a clutch too many times...and the coaches rave about his attitude, he's a very intelligent player, and very coachable.
February 12, 2005, 12:05 AM
DrivE
But I still haven't seen anything on him.
February 12, 2005, 5:32 AM
DarkMinion
Why do you think that is?  Because he a) is only a sophomore, and b) doesn't play for one of the Miami's or Florida State's or Michigan's of the nation.

It's the same deal as with the Heisman.  The Heisman is awarded to the best player (sometimes) on the best team (most of the time), which makes it a complete joke.  He could very well be the best receiver in the land, but he won't ever get noticed for it unless we win a championship, which is wrong, but that's how it goes.
February 12, 2005, 9:44 AM
DrivE
When did I say that the Heisman winner was really the best athlete? I don't put much into the Heisman, but I do of course offer congratulations to the winners because in nearly every case they have worked very hard to get where they were. I still haven't seen film or highlights on him. Give them to me and let me look at them so I can talk to you more intelligently about this player!!! You're telling me how good he is and what his stats are, but I just want to see him play.
February 12, 2005, 2:56 PM
DarkMinion
You didn't say that, I was just making an analogy....

And I'm working on getting film of him together...I just don't have very much to be honest, give me some time.
February 12, 2005, 7:36 PM
indulgence
Look out in 2007 for Noel Devine out of the sunshine state....
February 24, 2005, 12:47 AM
DarkMinion
The film I saw of Devine shows that he plays against really bad (and small) competition, but he's still got some good moves.
February 24, 2005, 4:58 AM

Search