Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | [JavaScript] Bot?

AuthorMessageTime
UnLeaDeD
From my view it is possible, just needs to be deeply though about. What I have so far is that we create text boxes to send info (ie. username) and then save it to a remote server. One thing that is worrying is that you can only run 7 of the same ips on Battle.net. Afterwards we would need to execute the login. An advantage of this bot is that it would connect remotely through the server instead of your school for example, and you could "get on" bnet. Another advantage is that since it would be executing through the web server the hashes could be included in the FTP and could be hashed in a sense.

Any takers on this project?
February 6, 2005, 4:54 AM
peofeoknight
Applets would be more practical then trying to use js to call a remote server side script.
February 6, 2005, 6:41 AM
Myndfyr
As I recall, after the JDK version 1.1, Sockets were no longer allowed to be used in applets because it poses a security risk.  I could be wrong on that, but I think I remember reading it.

JavaScript is a client technology.  Did you mean that you're going to be hosting some kind of functionality on the server that connects and then uses JavaScript on the client to make a stable user interface?  That's much like what the WebChannel ISAPI web application does.
February 6, 2005, 8:12 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=10449.msg98506#msg98506 date=1107720778]
As I recall, after the JDK version 1.1, Sockets were no longer allowed to be used in applets because it poses a security risk.  I could be wrong on that, but I think I remember reading it.

JavaScript is a client technology.  Did you mean that you're going to be hosting some kind of functionality on the server that connects and then uses JavaScript on the client to make a stable user interface?  That's much like what the WebChannel ISAPI web application does.
[/quote] Javascript can be used to display content from a server side script though... IIRC. But if you want to get content to the server I think the page is going to have to be resent. No matter what a server side script will be neccessary I believe.
February 9, 2005, 5:54 PM
indulgence
Ajax + .NET FTW

http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz
June 14, 2005, 11:28 PM
QwertyMonster
[size=15pt] READ THE DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
June 15, 2005, 4:54 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=10449.msg115859#msg115859 date=1118854467]
[/quote]

Sorry this is out of place, but I just noticed this: You're 13 and you say you're in love some one?  Oh my god you have quite a life ahead of you.
June 15, 2005, 5:02 PM
indulgence
[quote author=[Unknown] link=topic=10449.msg115859#msg115859 date=1118854467]
[/quote]

I realized the difference in dates b/w last post and when i read it.  However,  The thread was still on the first page (and only about halfway down) and not to mention that I actually contributed to the topic instead of just spamming it like you :)
June 26, 2005, 6:01 PM

Search