Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Missing/Corrupted files

AuthorMessageTime
!!!
I was playing a game the other day, and had 2 other programs running on the background,  my computer started to get slow, till it froze, i reset it, and then 1 secound after the .Window98 Picture displayed, it took me to those options, where you can chose, start on save mode, mspromt, ect..., i did normal and it said that
"WINDOWS\DBLBUFF.SYS"
"WINDOWS\IFSHLP.SYS"

Were missing or corrupted, said that "WINDOWS HAS DETECTED A REGISTRY CONFIGURATION ERROR"

I dunno what to do, i did /scanreg like it said, but said that it couldnt fix the problem, iether i had to reformat or i don't know =\
Thnx alot for reading!

Thnx in advanced.
February 3, 2005, 1:50 PM
Kp
Why're you still running Windows 98?  It's well past end-of-life and it was a sucky OS even before MS stopped supporting it.  Reformat and switch to an NT-based kernel. :P
February 3, 2005, 9:41 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Kp link=topic=10411.msg98094#msg98094 date=1107466916]
Why're you still running Windows 98?  It's well past end-of-life and it was a sucky OS even before MS stopped supporting it.  Reformat and switch to an NT-based kernel. :P
[/quote]Maybe some people can't afford to switch or maybe his computer was one that was upgraded from 95 & this is HIS computer & the family just got a new one...?
February 3, 2005, 9:57 PM
!!!
Mine is a pentium II and i think that win98 is running well, i dont want a slow computer...  ( MORE THEN IT IS AT LEAST).

And if i reformat i will lose things i've had their for 4 years... all my programs, important history ;(, everything i've done, i know i can backup my c:\ but i dont know how, and most of the things that i like are on the desktop, so i'm screwed, i'm gonna send it to a computer guy.. if you guys really do not know how to fix this problem* :(
Thnx for trying though
!!!~
February 3, 2005, 9:59 PM
iago
I can tell you exactly what the computer guy will do:
1. Reformat
2. reinstall Windows.

Make sure you're clear to them that there's critical information on the harddrive so they can back it up on cd (charging you $5/disk, likely).

February 3, 2005, 11:52 PM
!!!
This guy had fixed several of times, problems like this on my computer, he backedup the "My Documents" on c:\, and reformated, he does it for free, but, i dont really want to go to him again, since i go to him about every mouth at least.....  and it just looks bad.

But dammit, oh well i gues i'll try again
February 4, 2005, 1:31 AM
Newby
[quote author=!!! link=topic=10411.msg98141#msg98141 date=1107480706]
This guy had fixed several of times, problems like this on my computer, he backedup the "My Documents"
[/quote]
That doesn't back up anything.
February 4, 2005, 1:44 AM
iago
Could it be because you're using a piece of shit operating system? :P

If you want an OS that runs well on a older computer, use Linux.  I run Linux on my 300mhz laptop, it runs perfect.
February 4, 2005, 2:04 AM

Search