Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Newb, back for more help!

AuthorMessageTime
FaDeS
Ok, I decided I don't want to start learning Winsock quite yet, so I started a bot, just to kind of get my bearings in VB6, and so I used CSB... Now, I have it pretty much figured out, but I can't get my bot to connect to Battle.net, I clear all the checks, and get to where it connects to USWest.Battle.net, I get the message "Version check failed, bad version.".

They client is set it "3RAW", I have tried 'WAR3', but that doesn't work.

My key works as well.

Is this an issue with BNLS, or is it with CSB, any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Also, I don't need replies stating how novice I am, because I already know that,  that's the reason for this post... And for me using CSB.
January 30, 2005, 8:25 PM
Vernors
I am sure someone here will say this, but it might help if you posted some or your vb code.
January 30, 2005, 8:40 PM
FaDeS
Ok, some code... I am getting error message like 1, so...

[code]Private Sub CleanSlateBot1_VersionCheck(Message As Long)

If Message = "0" Then addText "Version check and CD-Key check passed. ", vbGreen
If Message = "1" Then addText "Version check failed, bad version.", vbRed
If Message = "2" Then addText "CD-Key check failed, bad key.", vbRed
If Message = "3" Then addText "Version check failed, need updated hashes.", vbRed
If Message = "4" Then addText "CD-Key check failed, key is for another game.", vbRed
If Message = "5" Then addText "CD-Key check failed, key is banned.", vbRed
If Message = "6" Then addText "CD-Key check failed, key is in use.", vbRed
[/code]

I don't think that will help at all, but here is my CSB config settings...

[code]CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotID = "myIDhere"
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotPassword = "myPWhere"
CleanSlateBot1.CDKey = "cantgetmykey"
CleanSlateBot1.Product = "3RAW"
CleanSlateBot1.HomeChannel = "Clan BW"
CleanSlateBot1.Password = "password"
CleanSlateBot1.Username = "Basic-Ops-Beta"
CleanSlateBot1.NewPassword = "bleh"
CleanSlateBot1.ChangePassword = False
CleanSlateBot1.Server = "uswest.battle.net"
CleanSlateBot1.Accept = -65[/code]

And uhm... I think that's about it... The rest of my code is just making pretty colors show up on the Chat screen... Really nothing fancy at all...
January 30, 2005, 8:47 PM
Vernors
You no longer need

[code]
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotID = "myIDhere"
CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotPassword = "myPWhere"
[/code]

Also, try changing the

[code]
CleanSlateBot1.Accept = -65
[/code]

To:

[code]
CleanSlateBot1.Accept = 579728
[/code]

The -65 is the old accept value.
January 30, 2005, 8:53 PM
FaDeS
Ok, made the changes... But now it doesn't work at all... It messed something up very odd... When I click "Connect" on my bot, this SHOULD execute...
[code]Private Sub mnuConnect_Click()

AddChat , vbGreen, "Attempting to connect to BNLS"
CleanSlateBot1.Connect

Dim Connected As String
Connected = CleanSlateBot1.Connected
Exit Sub

End Sub[/code]

But instead, it adds the text to my chat window "[2:02:03 PM] 65280"...  I have no idea how this came about, I will look through my code to see if anything changed much, but I doubt it...
January 30, 2005, 9:02 PM
KkBlazekK
Warcraft III does not work anymore with csb.
January 30, 2005, 9:06 PM
FaDeS
Man, that sucks... So is there any other framework I could use, without learning Winsock? I really just want a bot I can connect to B.Net with, chat, and maybe use on moderation sometimes...
January 30, 2005, 9:10 PM
QwertyMonster
FaDeS, I know how it feels when your a 'novice' to vb6. But i would advice that if you want to make  bot, Program to connect to SC first, in csb if u wish. Once you have got that then start to move away from csb and connect to WarCaft III. I think  that using BNLS is mostly used to connect to war3 or something? Correct me if im wrong.

Hope this helps!
January 30, 2005, 9:12 PM
KkBlazekK
BNLS is used for getting the version byte, getting the check revision, hashing data.
January 30, 2005, 9:17 PM
QwertyMonster
Oh right. But most bots use bnls to connect to war3.

FaDeS -> Most people start of with connecting to Starcraft.
[quote author=FaDeS link=topic=10375.msg97465#msg97465 date=1107119421]
I really just want a bot I can connect to B.Net with, chat, and maybe use on moderation sometimes...
[/quote]

Start with Starcraft, and move up the line

Eg: Starcraft + Broodwar -> Diablo  -> Warcraft  ??
January 30, 2005, 9:18 PM
FaDeS
Well, thanks... But my issue isn't resolved, even when I use 'RATS' as my client! I removed the 'AddChat' when you click 'Connect'. Now, if I click connect, nothing happens... At all.  I have no idea what is wrong now... I have looked over my code and nothing seems out of order with it... When I use -65 as my accept, it usually will attempt to connect and at least give me an error, while when I use 579728, clicking connect has no effect.

And thanks for all the help so far too!

I am making my bot connect StarCraft first, but I still need help... Thanks...
January 30, 2005, 9:21 PM
QwertyMonster
It seems its your CSB. No offence but usually people advice to not use CSB. But if you want to use it, then do so. If you want some help connecting with hashes or anything, then ill be glad to help. Keep posted on here if u need help, advice ect.

Btw your 'RATS' might be wrong. Try putting 'STAR'
January 30, 2005, 9:26 PM
FaDeS
I'd rather not use CSB, but I have no idea where to start using hashing... Because like I said, total novice... Lol, if you could teach me that, I would be soooo greatful...
January 30, 2005, 9:33 PM
QwertyMonster
Do you have MSN ?

I dont have aim ;(
January 30, 2005, 9:35 PM
FaDeS
Only AIM... =/  Crap! Lol... Well, I had Trillian, but I broke it... somehow... I think a skin ruined it. Anyways, hmmm...

I am going to give up this CSB venture, I have had about enough of this "simple" way of connecting to Battle.net. I figure, learning how to do hashings might suck, but I have to figure it out eventually. Qwerty, if you could help, that would be very VERY nice.
January 30, 2005, 9:40 PM
QwertyMonster
Yeah i will be more than glad to help. I have "GamerBot Source Code" somewhere and that shows how to use winsock and hashes. When i find it i will link you to it.

BUT DONT STEAL THE CODE BECAUSE THAT CHEATS :D:D

Anyway i gtg so i cnt help anymore. Bye;)

(dnt ask why i put the last bit :P)
January 30, 2005, 9:43 PM
KkBlazekK
CSB might be connecting the the old bnls server at, www.valhallalegends.com:9367 it should be connecting to bnls.valhallalegends.com:9367.
January 30, 2005, 9:46 PM
FaDeS
I want to LEARN it not STEAL it... And GamerBot source is at Pianka.net, lol... I will check it out, and anybody who wants to help/make fun of me, IM me at bW FaDeS... Yep, that's it...
January 30, 2005, 9:51 PM
FaDeS
Sorry to double post, but I am too stupid/lazy to find the "Edit" button, but you can't change your BNLS server on CSB, or at least not a way I have found.
January 30, 2005, 9:52 PM
Zakath
You can, however, modify your hosts file. CSB has nothing to do with that.
January 31, 2005, 12:09 AM
Vernors
[quote author=Zakath link=topic=10375.msg97509#msg97509 date=1107130157]
You can, however, modify your hosts file. CSB has nothing to do with that.
[/quote]

What do you mean by that?
January 31, 2005, 3:25 AM
Zakath
The file %SYSTEMROOT%/System32/drivers/etc/hosts contains information for mapping domain names to IP addresses, overriding DNS resolution.
January 31, 2005, 10:31 PM
Vernors
[quote author=Zakath link=topic=10375.msg97668#msg97668 date=1107210692]
The file %SYSTEMROOT%/System32/drivers/etc/hosts contains information for mapping domain names to IP addresses, overriding DNS resolution.
[/quote]

So I would add what in there?
January 31, 2005, 11:10 PM
Dyndrilliac
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9472.msg88668#msg88668
January 31, 2005, 11:51 PM

Search