Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Java Programming | Java Game Project

AuthorMessageTime
Atom
Would anyone be interested in making a 2d platformer in Java? Why java? Yeah, I like the idea of playing it on everything from a pc to a cellphone and I like java, and I dont like VB's direct draw.

I am looking for 1 or 2 programmers to help code on this project, we will take turns handling the source and pass it around each other untill we have a working engine. We can then worry about using our own graphics and sounds.

Note: I have not done anything in Java involving graphics or gaming. I do however know the basics of creating a game engine, just have not applied them to Java. It would be great if my partners shared at least the same experience.

Anybody interested?
January 26, 2005, 6:13 PM
j0k3r
I've never done any java game programming, or know how engines work, but contact me and we'll talk.
wutsyurs@hotmail.com
January 26, 2005, 9:49 PM
The-FooL
I've done some Java graphics work in applets: loading images, transparency, animating sprites, etc.  I'd be willing to help here and there, but don't count on me to be a full-time member of the project.
January 27, 2005, 3:25 AM
Atom
Cool, I hope to speak to you both soon, I will email you j0k3r but my preferred method is AIM. So if you have some AIM or ICQ client my name is "its at0m" without the quotes.
January 27, 2005, 6:06 PM
j0k3r
I stopped using AIM awhile back, and ICQ even further back than that. If you have messenger just email me and I'll pass you the SN, otherwise it will have to be done through email.
January 27, 2005, 6:41 PM
The-FooL
Aim me because I'm too lazy to aim you.
January 27, 2005, 10:32 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
It sounds fun, and I would like to do something, but my Java sucks.  My friend, however, just got a new Java book for his Comp Sci class (he finished the first or something) which teaches (at least in 1 part) by explaining how to create a game physics engine.  I can talk to him if you are interested.
January 28, 2005, 1:17 AM
Atom
If your too lazy to AIM me then you are too lazy for this project.
Yes Rabbit, your friend sounds like a good match, pass along the info to him please :)
January 28, 2005, 4:05 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Right-o!
January 29, 2005, 11:54 PM

Search