Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | msinet.ocx

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
I was wondering how I might go about using msinet to collect a database off of the internet...

I am trying to just switch as little as possible from main database code which uses database.txt as source.

If someone could give me a pointer from this code on how to convert real quick I'd be greatful.:

Open App.Path & "\database.txt" For Input As #1
--How would I use a converted ver of that to receive database?
April 13, 2003, 1:38 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=1028;start=0#msg7687 date=1050197883]
I was wondering how I might go about using msinet to collect a database off of the internet...

I am trying to just switch as little as possible from main database code which uses database.txt as source.

If someone could give me a pointer from this code on how to convert real quick I'd be greatful.:

Open App.Path & "\database.txt" For Input As #1
--How would I use a converted ver of that to receive database?
[/quote]
Very simple my young lad. Simply keep your existing code but add this in form_load or what not:
[code]
open app.path & "\database.txt" for output as #1
print #1, inet1.openurl("http://www.yoursite.com/database.txt')
close #1
[/code]
April 13, 2003, 1:42 AM
ILurker
I find it much better/easier to download the file from a site, then open it, then after delete it, if you want.

It may not be as fast, but it doesn't use cheap "allready made" sources ;)

--> I don't like stealing other people's codes
April 13, 2003, 1:45 AM
CrAz3D
I'm tryin' to use as a cheap & simple auth script basically, not really a db...though I might want to sometime.

How might I be able to use the GetChucnk var for inet?
April 13, 2003, 1:57 AM
CrAz3D
Screw msinet.ocx.............thnx to all tried, I'm trying just to download a file with it now.

thnx alot allz
April 13, 2003, 3:42 AM
ILurker
If you message me on a.i.m, I'll give you a download source code.
April 13, 2003, 6:04 AM

Search