Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Ciphire

AuthorMessageTime
Arta
This is a new mail authentication and encryption program - it seems nice. Anyone else care to try it out?

https://www.ciphirebeta.com/
January 23, 2005, 4:42 PM
Yegg
Currently Windows XP or Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3 or higher) are required. I dont have Service Pack 3 and I'm not really interesting in installing it, will this program work without it? Cipher Mail looks like something I could use, maybe it will help stop those 2000 emails per day, :/.
January 23, 2005, 5:17 PM
Arta
Presumably not. You should probably install SP4, though, if you're on Win2k. It's good to be up to date.
January 23, 2005, 5:19 PM
Yegg
WIll installing Service Pack 4 "ruin" anything else that is already on my computer?
January 23, 2005, 5:20 PM
Mr. Neo
Is it the exact same thing as using GPG/PGP, but with a centralized key server for the users of the software?
January 23, 2005, 5:52 PM
iago
Windows 2000 below service pack 4 is vulnerable to a lot of different attacks, although so is win2k, so it hardly makes a difference. I recommend you update to windows xp, but, if that's not possible, to sp4.  I can't guarentee if anything will break, though I never had a problem with win2k stuff.
January 24, 2005, 3:30 AM
Zakath
It's doubtful SP4 would break anything, and the security and feature updates it provides are invaluable. You should upgrade ASAP.
January 24, 2005, 3:06 PM

Search