Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.

AuthorMessageTime
tRiCksTa
I know you guys said I would get help if I just asked. Well, here I go.

When I connect, i get this error saying

Run-Time Error '35613'

ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.

What is wrong? If you want to see code or something just ask.

January 22, 2005, 9:01 PM
HdxBmx27
right click your channel ist or w/e your getting the error with, and goto the "Image lists" tab and add the image lsit object there.
[img]http://img119.exs.cx/img119/5347/imglst2lm.gif[/img]
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 22, 2005, 9:08 PM
tRiCksTa
Thanks! For some reason i dont see any icons. Im seeing the channel like this.

Username1              Username 2

Username 3            Username 4

Username 5            Etc

Exactly like that with no icons.. Anyone know y?         
January 22, 2005, 9:17 PM
CrAz3D
Post your code that adds the username & icon to the imagelist.
January 22, 2005, 9:22 PM
LoRd
Change the listview's view property.
January 22, 2005, 11:38 PM
HdxBmx27
Change your List view to a ReportView in the properties.
[img]http://img30.exs.cx/img30/3821/rtp0le.png[/img]
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 23, 2005, 12:02 AM
tRiCksTa
THanks guys you guys are the best, especially you HdxBmx27 and all who helped!  ;)
January 23, 2005, 12:06 AM
HdxBmx27
You might also want to look intot he Column Headers tab, and .ListSubItems if you want to add Ping Icons to.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 23, 2005, 12:09 AM
tRiCksTa
HdxBmx27, do you have AIM or something?
January 23, 2005, 12:33 AM
HdxBmx27
Just ask here, I dont like people msging me on AIM.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 23, 2005, 1:48 AM
tRiCksTa
Um.. one more problem. When I try to get someone's profile, nothing comes up. Heres my code

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
txtusername.Text = frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem
frmMain.CleanSlateBot1.RequestKey profile, frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem, "Profile\Age", "Profile\Location", "Profile\Sex", "Profile\Description"
End Sub
January 23, 2005, 1:59 AM
HdxBmx27
Sorry I dont help with CSB, and i didnt liek it when u msged me when i said not to -.-
If you want to get out of CSB and go Self Parsing, then I'll help -.-
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 23, 2005, 2:03 AM
tRiCksTa
eh.. whats wrong with CSb..  :( sorry that i messaged you but..  :-\ come on..  ???
January 23, 2005, 2:07 AM
tRiCksTa
Can someone please help? Hdx isn't helping me anymore ??? . I know its CSB, but I'm new.. is CSB that bad that one would feel ashamed to help another that uses it.  ::)
January 23, 2005, 5:01 AM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96269#msg96269 date=1106456519]is CSB that bad that one would feel ashamed to help another that uses it. [/quote]
To me, Yes. It allows people who know next to nothing about programming, produce run-of-the-mill bots, that noone will use, and are jsut an annoyance. 'Specilly when the creators of those bots think thet they are the worlds greatest programer jsut cuz they made a b.net bot with CSB.

Like I said, if you want to acually work hard on your bot, and produce a respectible bot, use winsock orother form of internet connection, where you acually pare your own packets. BNetAuth and BNLS are jsut fine, I just dont like CSB. Its basiclly easier then telnet.

Note: I'm not saying everyone has my opinion, This is just my point of view. From my own exp with csb, it was one of the worst things i've ever done in my programming attempts.
Note2: I do not think ALL users of CSB are pricks, but i've jsut had my bad shair.
January 23, 2005, 6:22 AM
tRiCksTa
Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?  :( what happened to the just post and we will help.  :'(
January 24, 2005, 5:42 AM
Newby
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96252#msg96252 date=1106445563]
Private Sub Form_Load()
txtusername.Text = frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem
frmMain.CleanSlateBot1.RequestKey profile, frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem, "Profile\Age", "Profile\Location", "Profile\Sex", "Profile\Description"
End Sub
[/quote]
Are you parsing the incoming profile data?
January 24, 2005, 6:07 AM
tRiCksTa
It already is
January 24, 2005, 6:30 AM
LoRd
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96408#msg96408 date=1106545357]
Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?  :( what happened to the just post and we will help.  :'(
[/quote]

There's a few reasons why you're not getting as much help as you'd like.

Your lack of respect towards the people who are trying to help you is pushing those who want to help you away.  Statements such as "Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?" are not going to get you help faster.

The answers to most of your questions are all well within your reach.  Through a simple click of the search button, you can find various topics covering your questions in full-detail.  The people who've discussed these topics again and again have grown tired of participating in yet another discussion of material that has not changed since the previous times discussed every time the question comes up which is perfectly understandable.  So, before posting a new thread, you're expected to search.  CSB is one of those things, as is adding icons to your listview.

We won't always be here to give you a step by step layout of what you need to do.  You're expected to be somewhat well-educated before you come here, ofcourse no where near novice, but atleast understanding how to use your IDE — a listview's property window for example.  At some point you will have to learn how to help yourself, or atleast build yourself a foundation which we can help to build apon.
January 24, 2005, 10:31 AM
tRiCksTa
I didn't mean to be mean. I didn't even know I was mean.  :( I just don't get why people hate CSB so much. As long as a bot can connect, then it's fine.
January 24, 2005, 4:13 PM
LoRd
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96432#msg96432 date=1106583202]
As long as a bot can connect, then it's fine.
[/quote]

That attitude, which is commonly seen in CSB users, is one of the reasons why people look down apon CSB, as well as those who use it.
January 24, 2005, 4:29 PM
Dyndrilliac
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=6095.0
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=2764.0

http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Section=m&Code=13
http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Section=m&Code=12
http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Section=m&Code=11

Please search.
January 24, 2005, 4:42 PM
tRiCksTa
What.. attitude..?   ??? And I have to start out with something small first. This is my first bot so shouldnt I be working with CSB?
January 24, 2005, 5:09 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96440#msg96440 date=1106586551]
What.. attitude..?   ??? And I have to start out with something small first. This is my first bot so shouldnt I be working with CSB?
[/quote]

Something small as a project should be a calculator or a database project, not a bot.  You should learn the language through something besides making a bot; in other words, you shouldn't be learning the language exclusively for making a bot.

For a more in-depth review as to why people tend to dislike copying code and probably as much why we don't like CSB, refer to my post on code leeching.  The reason it applies to CSB is that CSB users tend to do exactly the same thing as code leechers: they learn just enough to not know how to search for information and help themselves.
January 24, 2005, 5:45 PM
tRiCksTa
@MindFyre: I made a calculator already  ;) . Plus, I know CSB is bad, but once I get a hang of it I might start on hashed bots. I do search, it's just not the answer I'm wanting.

Oh yeah, and I can view profiles now. I fixed it myself -.- , but..... it can only view profiles only if you update your own first. I dont know why .
January 24, 2005, 6:43 PM
Dyndrilliac
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96459#msg96459 date=1106592198]I do search, it's just not the answer I'm wanting.

Oh yeah, and I can view profiles now. I fixed it myself -.- , but..... it can only view profiles only if you update your own first. I dont know why .[/quote]

Note that my post contained all the information you needed regarding profiles - both CSB and non-CSB.
January 24, 2005, 6:52 PM
tRiCksTa
I know thx Dyndrilliac  ;) If anyone wants to help, how come my profile needs to be updated in order to see other people's profile. If you need code or something just ask.  :-\
January 24, 2005, 6:58 PM
Newby
[quote author=-^heXaBLeS^- link=topic=10269.msg96465#msg96465 date=1106593108]
I know thx Dyndrilliac  ;) If anyone wants to help, how come my profile needs to be updated in order to see other people's profile. If you need code or something just ask.  :-\
[/quote]
Your profile does not need to be updated in order to see another person's profile.

Show us coding when you request the keys, and when you receive and parse the keys.
January 25, 2005, 1:21 AM
tRiCksTa
[code]txtusername.Text = frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem
frmMain.CleanSlateBot1.RequestKey profile, frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem, "Profile\Age", "Profile\Location", "Profile\Sex", "Profile\Description"[/code]

thats about all there is to it Lol  :P
January 25, 2005, 5:26 AM
Stealth
I believe it should be .SelectedItem.Text..? Try that.
January 25, 2005, 4:27 PM
tRiCksTa
Nope didnt work.  :( Thanks for trying though  :)
January 26, 2005, 2:43 AM

Search