Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Masquerade Dance Get-Up

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
WTF DO I WEAR!?...

Our winterball is today, didn't know I was going until this morning, & the dress is semi-formal while the theme is masquerade. Anyone have ANY ideas?

I figure I could make it a fun costume thing but I don't have any ideas & I have little time.
January 22, 2005, 7:36 PM
hismajesty
Is it traditional masquerade dress? Tux/Suit and a mask? (don't forget white gloves and a cane, those are so sauve)
January 22, 2005, 7:47 PM
peofeoknight
Wear a nice suit (well shirt and tie might do, or just a collared shirt, whatever) and a mask. Know of any local party stores?

Party store should cary canes and masks, our local one does. It also has some michael jackson looking cheap gloves ;)
January 22, 2005, 7:51 PM
CrAz3D
Well so far all I have in mind is a black shirt with black dress slacks & a black belt with a silvery buckling thing.  NOT to mention black shoes,;)  You're Phantom of the Opera thing is PROBABLY what inspired the theme for this dance...it would be cool but it would also be too common & conformed.  I should wear a Halloween mask!
January 22, 2005, 7:52 PM
hismajesty
Well, from what I've seen in magazines, TV shows, and tidbits from family most masquerade balls are pretty much common and conformed as far as dress goes. The gals will probably be wearing a dress and matching feather masks, and the guys suits and a mask. Well, unless your school sucks and the people have no sense of style (like mine!)

Also, if you go the suit route, I wouldn't wear a black tie unless you're wearing a black dress shirt. Black ties are for waitors, so if you ever get an invitation to a party that says 'black tie optional' - don't wear one. :) Of course, it's not exactly a typical party, so maybe a black tie/white shirt will be OK. This might be an exception to the rule.
January 22, 2005, 7:56 PM
Hitmen
Suggestion:
[img]http://www.theberzerker.com/dissimulatesite/Tours/USA2002/TheBerzerker%40TheKeyClub/TheBerzerker19.jpg[/img]

That would look great with a suit.
January 22, 2005, 7:59 PM
CrAz3D
Thnx trust, good to know.  I think before picking up girls & going to dinner I'll drop by some random party shop & maybe JCPenny's for a white tie to go w/my black shirt...still can't decide between khaki slacks or black dress slacks...
BTW trust, our school is ultra ghetto...I'm from New Mexico remember?  PLUS, our dance is in an auction house with just shaped sheet metal walls & concreate floor & horrid dirt parking lots.

Hitmen, I'm still wondering if I could get away with something like that.
January 22, 2005, 8:00 PM
hismajesty
Definately go with the black slacks.
An auction house? Nice, haha.

Yeah, you'll ne noticed immediately if you wear that mask. Maybe you should take a joke mask or something - I have a George W. Bush mask, too bad I don't live near you - you could wear that. :)
January 22, 2005, 8:06 PM
CrAz3D
Is there like a 3hour mailing service somewhere?...Then I could have the mask & lots of ppl, including one of the girls I'm going with, would throw stuff........that doesn't sound fun, nvm.

I'm going black shirt, khaki slacks, & a green mask the girls are making...I'm gonna be SO styling!

The name of this auction house, Dickerson's Barn, which is exactly what it is.  It's sorta out of the way to get to also...on the semi-outskirts of town with horrible parking in dirt lots that are sometimes muddy & unlevel.
January 22, 2005, 9:16 PM
hismajesty
have fun.
January 22, 2005, 10:36 PM
j0k3r
PICS.
January 22, 2005, 11:22 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=j0k3r link=topic=10268.msg96226#msg96226 date=1106436155]
PICS.
[/quote]Of the dance?...me?...my AWESOME truck?...
January 22, 2005, 11:23 PM
j0k3r
All 3.

... and the girls.
January 22, 2005, 11:26 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=j0k3r link=topic=10268.msg96228#msg96228 date=1106436361]
All 3.

... and the girls.
[/quote]

Oui Oui?... I don't plan on carrying a camera around so expect cellphone quality pictures if I remember.
January 22, 2005, 11:27 PM
hismajesty
Whelp, I'm invited to a 'Formal Masquerade Ball' for a friend of mines sweet sixteen. I haven't officially gotten my invitation in the mail yet, but she was explaining it to me. According to her though it's definitely formal, girls in cocktail dresses/feather masks and guys in suits/masks. So, I'm in the same boat as you were. I do have until July 14th though, which is significantly longer than you had. I don't think people are going to be wearing tuxedos though.

I'm required to dance with her, but I don't really want to. I'm going to find out if she's friends with Kristen, I don't think she is though. :(
June 25, 2005, 1:16 AM
CrAz3D
Ok, I gave up for my dressing Masqueradish for our dance but since you have to...you should go black suit & white shirt.  But you want to stand out (some) if you want to get a nice chick to notice you...so maybe like a snazzy (but dark) tie (& vest).

That would be pimp!

As for dancing with the girl, it's her bithday, dance with her, if she's cute you better dance or I'll come visit you :-* (cause I care!)
June 25, 2005, 4:13 AM
hismajesty
She has a boyfriend. He's a year younger than her and in a wheel chair.

I applaud her overcoming his physical disabilities, though. She's OK looking, but I don't like her...she had red hair; and (since I have redhair) it's more or less of a turnoff.

At least I know I won't go the whole night without dancing. :)
June 25, 2005, 4:50 AM
CrAz3D
Yup, dance it up, then find one of her/your friends.

Is the music even ballroom?...or is it bump, grind, get pregnant music?
June 25, 2005, 4:53 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=10268.msg117349#msg117349 date=1119675230]
Yup, dance it up, then find one of her/your friends.

Is the music even ballroom?...or is it bump, grind, get pregnant music?
[/quote]

I don't know, hopefully ballroom.
June 25, 2005, 1:23 PM
CrAz3D
She is turning 16?...I doubt it then.  Maybe a few country songs, maybe even some kountry (I call hip-hop rock rap country Kountry).
June 25, 2005, 5:48 PM

Search