Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Problem With Internal VB Error

AuthorMessageTime
Dyndrilliac
I recently reformatted my PC and reinstalled with Windows XP Pro. I have all the Windows Updates for it. After I reformatted, I had to d/l some ActiveX Controls I used in some of my VB programs so they would work (Bot, etc). Anyway, I dled richtx32.ocx, comctl32.ocx, and mscomctl.ocx. Then I opened up the DOS prompt and used regsvr32 <path> after putting them in the system32 directory. Well, a few days after that I "acquired" a new copy of Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition because I forgot to back mine up. I installed it, and it works fine, except in Visual Basic when I try to activate one of the controls I mentioned earlier for use in a project, I get the message "Object library not registered". I tried reregistering them with regsvr32 but it didn't help.

Any Ideas?
January 22, 2005, 5:31 PM
Dyndrilliac
HOORAY! HOORAY! I fixed the problem  :o ;D :P

Ok, so here's how to fix it if you have a similar situation as I did.

1) Unregister the controls using regsvr32.
    Example: regsvr32 /u "c:\windows\system32\richtx32.ocx"
2) Reinstall Visual Studio 6 EE Tools and components.
3) Locate MSSTDFMT.DLL off the web if you get a message saying yours is corrupt. Put it in your system32 directory.
4) Register the Library and the controls using regsvr32.
    Example: regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll"
January 24, 2005, 8:37 PM
Grok
Make sure you are using SP6 for VS6 too, though that has nothing to do with your problem.
January 25, 2005, 1:22 PM

Search