Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Inauguration Day!

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Time to celebrate! I love listening to Bush speech, and just watching him. Especially during live events, when he makes his speech I can't help but smile in approval.

President Bush's speech was great, it really represented what Americans want - freedom and safety. He was extremely coherent, and this speech will probably go down in history as one of the great ones. The speech had a lot of historical quotes, some direct quotes and some implied ones which will add to the historical value.

I flipped between CSPAN and CSPAN2 watching the looney sore losers from the left pollute the airways with their moronic rhetoric. Their march/protests are futile, America has spoken and as a whole we want them to shut up. Luckily, Protest Warriors are there to counter their walk, and I'm looking forward to a video release of it. :)

I truely beleive that George W. Bush is a gift from God, he's what America needed and he came at the right time. God bless him and God bless America.

Woohoo, Four More Years.
January 20, 2005, 5:54 PM
DrivE
It was a very good speech, I only caught two minor stumbles, only one of which anybody would notice. Thats just W being... well... W. Overall I though it was a great inagural and I'm very happy that Americans voted for four more years and are smart enough to see past the stupid rhetoric put forth by many foreigners in the media and elsewhere during the election. The leftists had their shot and they lost fair and square, but we never said that liberals and Democrats were gracious losers, they don't handle defeat all that well.
January 20, 2005, 7:19 PM
CrAz3D
I watched it this morning on ABC while during my physical therapy.  I smiled aswell. 

I don't think the speech itself was so historic, like that of Kennedy, but I do think the event overall was quite historic.  I, personally, thought his speech was a bit long & drawn out but then again whose isn't?

Those stupid protesters interrupted him @ the end of his speech, not too cool.

house down the road from the law office I work @ has these signs with the American death total in Iraq, a sign that says "Quagmire accomplished", & today one that has Happy Inauguration & black ballons tied to it...I'm SERIOUSLY debating whether or not to egg their house this evening.

(I'll post some pictures of their house from my cellphone later on this evening)
January 20, 2005, 9:37 PM
hismajesty
Don't egg their house, put a pro-bush sign or something up. 'Four More Years of Liberating Tortured Iraqi Civilians"

Get to work!
January 20, 2005, 10:02 PM
peofeoknight
Yeah, just get some pw signs and plant them in their yard and take their down. It would also be cool to get a conservative neighbor of his to put up signs like that, like someone right across the street.
January 20, 2005, 11:16 PM
hismajesty
Michael Moore supports skipping class!~

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=962
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=968

[quote]Ways to Hold a Student Walkout

1. WALK OUT FOR ENTIRE DAY
    Show up to school, go to your first hour class. When the bell rings (or the class starts), get up and leave the school.

2. WALK OUT FOR ONE HOUR
    Same as above, pick the hour everyone will leave, then leave and return for the next hour's class.

3. WALK OUT NEAR END OF DAY
    When the bell rings for your last hour class, get up and leave. Hold protest outside school.

NOTES:

1. Make sure you notify the local press you are going to do this. The only way for your actions to have nationwide impact is if the public knows of your actions.

2. Be completely nonviolent and peaceful. Do not cause any harm to person or property, even if you are confronted by those who disagree with you.

3. Tell your parents what you are going to do (if you have the kind of parents you can tell).

4. When you leave the school grounds, hold a peaceful protest outside and then have a place for students to go and meet up to discuss what four more years of George W. Bush means and how we are going to deal with it.

5. Most schools will seek to stop this protest. They will promise severe punishment if you participate. This is their idea of teaching you how to be citizens in a free society that is supposed to honor and encourage and RESPECT dissent. You can choose to listen to them or not. You must be able to accept the consequences they will use against you. Of course, if hundreds of students at your school participate, they will have a harder time punishing everybody -- so get as many students in the next few days to agree to participate. Strength in numbers! If you need any sort of legal help if you believe your rights are violated, contact your local American Civil Liberties Union. Most important, don't let the administrators in your school intimidate you with suspensions that may "cost you getting into the college of your choice, etc. etc." They are not telling you the truth. Good universities like students who stand up for what they believe in.

6. Remember, the most important thing is to ORGANIZE as many students as possible for the three days leading up to this Thursday. Decide what's right for your school in terms of the protest you hold.

And make sure the media knows about it![/quote]

January 21, 2005, 1:49 AM
peofeoknight
Michael Moore sickens me.
January 21, 2005, 1:56 AM
Crypticflare
In honor of the Inauguration day, a new featured cartoon from jibjab.com!

www.jibjab.com Second Term video.
January 21, 2005, 2:16 AM
shout
I thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD!
January 21, 2005, 6:03 AM
hismajesty
What would him being protected show? That the US President is scared of his own people, if he is then he'd obviously be scared of other countries as well. Not a good thing for a world power to do.

Besides, it's tradition, isn't it?
January 21, 2005, 11:22 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mythix link=topic=10251.msg95964#msg95964 date=1106273762]
In honor of the Inauguration day, a new featured cartoon from jibjab.com!

www.jibjab.com Second Term video.
[/quote]
THAT was funny, I laughed hard.

[quote]I thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD![/quote]There are more ppl that DO like him ya know, otherwise there wouldn't be 4 more years

Tha damn Michael Moore...so fat & obnoxious.  ALL parties cut funding from schools, our govenor was trying to cut arts programs last year (our Govenor is the stupid Bill Richardson you see on TV sometimes)
January 21, 2005, 3:47 PM
Arta
I'm just going to point out that 55 milion out of a population of 290 million is, by no means, 'America speaking as a whole' :)
January 21, 2005, 7:27 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=shout link=topic=10251.msg95979#msg95979 date=1106287415]
I thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD!
[/quote] And what can they do? Nothing. How is someone going to sneak a weapon in, lets say a box cutter (you know the whole terrorists got it through a metal detector once they can do it again thing), and go up and attack the president with that much security?
January 21, 2005, 9:08 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96020#msg96020 date=1106335676]
I'm just going to point out that 55 milion out of a population of 290 million is, by no means, 'America speaking as a whole' :)
[/quote]

The voting public (and politically active teens) are the only ones that count anyway.
January 21, 2005, 11:37 PM
Mephisto
I would hardly say that winning the vote 51/48% is hardly 'America speaking as a whole' to support Arta's claim.  I respect that Bush earned a 2nd term, but it seems to me Trust that you think liberalism is the past, and America will always be conservative.  I seriously doubt this, but that's just what I got from your statement(s).
January 22, 2005, 12:30 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10251.msg96059#msg96059 date=1106353832]
I would hardly say that winning the vote 51/48% is hardly 'America speaking as a whole' to support Arta's claim. I respect that Bush earned a 2nd term, but it seems to me Trust that you think liberalism is the past, and America will always be conservative. I seriously doubt this, but that's just what I got from your statement(s).
[/quote]

America is conservative now, Congress, the White House, the Governorships, etc.

Here in America, we're seeing red:

[img]http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/countymapredbluelarge.png[/img]
January 22, 2005, 1:47 AM
Mephisto
I see a lot of blue, and I also see a lot of red in unpopulated states; overall I say it's pretty even.  Also, showing a map like that is absolutely inaccurate considering there's is a large amount of the opposite party regardless of the color of the region.  For instance, it's red in California from where I am from, but according to the election results Bush got only ~60% and Kerry ~40%.  Goes to show you.

Also, the margins aren't incredibly huge in the differences from Democrats and Republicans in the Senate, House of Represenatives, and Governers.  Though there is a clear split and majority for the republicans, it's not like it won't be taken back in the future (and again in the future, and again).
January 22, 2005, 2:03 AM
hismajesty
It doesn't matter by how much, a majority is a majority and with majority comes power since the parties tend to stick together.
January 22, 2005, 2:15 AM
Mephisto
Yes, and the majority in a relatively unpopulated place compared to other places means little in the electorial college and popular vote.  Bush only one by a couple million out of over 100 million people.  I don't think that's a wide enough majority to say that 'America is now conservative' -- currently we may have conservative represenation and leaders (though we have a relatively close [but still distant] amount of democratic representation in congress), but that doesn't mean 'America is conservative.'  You can't speak for everyone, and the majority isn't wide enough to say that either, and even if it was it's still wrong to say 'America is conservative.'  (IMHO)
January 22, 2005, 2:19 AM
DrivE
America on the whole is more or less a conservatively dominated nation. The Blue states are falling apart and the Democratic party is ailing.
January 22, 2005, 3:35 AM
peofeoknight
Its not about who controls the big cities. It is about who controls that nation. If we did not have electoral college california and new york would get a lot more pork then they do now and be suffocating the rest of the nation.
January 22, 2005, 4:13 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10251.msg96082#msg96082 date=1106360374]
Yes, and the majority in a relatively unpopulated place compared to other places means little in the electorial college and popular vote. Bush only one by a couple million out of over 100 million people. I don't think that's a wide enough majority to say that 'America is now conservative' -- currently we may have conservative represenation and leaders (though we have a relatively close [but still distant] amount of democratic representation in congress), but that doesn't mean 'America is conservative.' You can't speak for everyone, and the majority isn't wide enough to say that either, and even if it was it's still wrong to say 'America is conservative.' (IMHO)
[/quote]

When I say America, I don't mean the people, I mean the government. But, in any case, American voters are over the liberal agenda, and they're obviously over the Democratic party degrading American moral values, our Purtian influenced culture, and our ties to Christianity. Those that didn't vote really have no place to argue as they did nothing to help change the nation.
January 22, 2005, 4:47 AM
Mephisto
So you believe that American people and the American agenda should be based on traditions and moral beliefs set over 200 years ago?  That the seperation of church and state need not apply since we are linked to Christianity with our founding fathers, etc.?  That people should be considered non-American because they choose to be gay or something of the sort?  I don't agree with the republican views because I think America should be more open and accepting.  Because we have so many different cultures and ethnicities in America, it would be stupid IMO to be focused on conservative views and that we should use things from Christianity and apply them to various situations (such as court and law and school).
January 22, 2005, 5:11 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10251.msg96103#msg96103 date=1106370663]
So you believe that American people and the American agenda should be based on traditions and moral beliefs set over 200 years ago?  That the seperation of church and state need not apply since we are linked to Christianity with our founding fathers, etc.?  That people should be considered non-American because they choose to be gay or something of the sort?  I don't agree with the republican views because I think America should be more open and accepting.  Because we have so many different cultures and ethnicities in America, it would be stupid IMO to be focused on conservative views and that we should use things from Christianity and apply them to various situations (such as court and law and school).
[/quote] Oh jeese  ::) 
January 22, 2005, 5:56 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10251.msg96103#msg96103 date=1106370663]
So you believe that American people and the American agenda should be based on traditions and moral beliefs set over 200 years ago? That the seperation of church and state need not apply since we are linked to Christianity with our founding fathers, etc.? That people should be considered non-American because they choose to be gay or something of the sort? I don't agree with the republican views because I think America should be more open and accepting. Because we have so many different cultures and ethnicities in America, it would be stupid IMO to be focused on conservative views and that we should use things from Christianity and apply them to various situations (such as court and law and school).
[/quote]

Way to put words in my mouth.
January 22, 2005, 6:21 AM
DrivE
-Are you asking if we should hold and keep American traditions, the answer is "fuck yea." American tradition is critical.

[quote]That the seperation of church and state need not apply since we are linked to Christianity with our founding fathers, etc.?[/quote]

-Nobody is saying that. What we're saying is that belief in God is a critical part of American tradition. It shouldn't be the basis of foreign policy, and it isn't. But do you expect a man who is religious and a leader of the country when deciding the fate of thousands to not turn to guidance from his higher authority? Thats just foolish.

[quote]That people should be considered non-American because they choose to be gay or something of the sort?[/quote]

-Nobody has ever said that being gay is anti-American. The question is whether or not it is the law in this country that gays and lesbians can marry. This goes back to American tradition and values.

[quote]I don't agree with the republican views because I think America should be more open and accepting.[/quote]

-The hippie view quite honestly. "Hey maaaan you should accept what we do maaaan its none of your business maaaan we should be free maaaan." At some point to preserve an America you can't go with the "no holds barred" approach.

[quote]Because we have so many different cultures and ethnicities in America, it would be stupid IMO to be focused on conservative views and that we should use things from Christianity and apply them to various situations (such as court and law and school). [/quote]

-It goes back to American tradition. You're basically arguing that American tradition is bullshit and that we should forget it and move on into some neo-liberal stage where we can all sing songs hold hands and be merry. Welcome to real life.
January 22, 2005, 1:49 PM
CrAz3D
If we didn't base things like school & law on traditions then there would be no guidelines.  Our traditional guidelines are formed from our moral beliefs which are formed by our belief in an Almighty.  SO, if we disregard our beliefs & morals & tradition there becomes no basis or even a POINT for laws.  The whole "all men are created equal" is based upon our morals, so should we reinstate slavery?  I hope not.
January 22, 2005, 4:19 PM
Arta
A great number of you seem to think that 'traditions', 'values' and 'morals' are static, never-changing things. That would be an erroneous assumption.
January 22, 2005, 4:34 PM
hismajesty
Who assumes that? Obviously our morals change - we're allowing Blacks to count as 1 whole person now, allowing Women/blacks/etc. to vote, and tons of other things that we didn't used to allow.
January 22, 2005, 4:37 PM
CrAz3D
I never said we use the SAME traditions & values, I said we base schooling & law on our traditions.
January 22, 2005, 4:53 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96131#msg96131 date=1106411645]
A great number of you seem to think that 'traditions', 'values' and 'morals' are static, never-changing things. That would be an erroneous assumption.
[/quote] But if you let your values and morals degrade your country becomes a cesspool
January 22, 2005, 6:15 PM
Mephisto
However, it's arguable to say that a lot of the moral values which we use to have are now out-dated.  Particuarily the involvement of Chrisitanity in such a ethnically diverse society (IMHO).  I also don't think gay people should be discriminated from being married have it legally binding; it's their choice, and it's not like it directly affects you, or causes anything *bad*.
January 22, 2005, 7:04 PM
hismajesty
Just because we have a few atheists, muslims, etc. doesn't mean the majority of the country isn't Christian. And, it's safe to say, every president we've ever had was religious and I think they were all Christian as well. So, obviously, they're going to lead with Christian values. If we had an atheist president (we never would) they'd obviously lead with non-Christian values. Well, actually, they'd probably stilll lead with looser Christian values since they'd have been brought up in a Government ruling with Christian values. America is a Christian nation, get over it.
January 22, 2005, 7:08 PM
Arta
Define cesspool? This whole values thing seems like a glib argument to me.

The things people seem to think and say about homosexual people now are rather similar to the things people used to say about black people and women in days gone by. I don't really see the difference. Who cares if gay people get married or not? How do their values effect yours?  All social change is resisted at first, because it goes against the status quo. Homophobia is one of the last accepted forms of prejudice in the western world - perhaps the last. It's time that was put right.

If America is about freedom, who are any of us to deny gay people the freedom to marry?
January 22, 2005, 7:40 PM
peofeoknight
cesspool:
  1. A covered hole or pit for receiving drainage or sewage, as from a house.
  2. A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.
according to dictionary.com

My use of it in this context: A society with rampant sex, violence, and drug use. All of these things are considered the norm due to a moral decay.
January 22, 2005, 7:44 PM
Arta
What's wrong with lots of (safe) sex?
January 22, 2005, 7:52 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96182#msg96182 date=1106423562]
[/quote] Define safe sex? Sex with a strange woman and a condom might not be safe, but sex within wedlock with a woman you know would be.

Condom's can't stop all stds.
January 22, 2005, 7:54 PM
Mephisto
Why can't they if used properly?  I've never heard of an STD transmitted sexually which can get past a properly used condom which is designed to *be* a condom in a sexual situation (obviously by blood transfusion, sharing of needles, etc. but that has nothing to do with sex unless you're into that sort of thing while doing it...).
January 22, 2005, 7:58 PM
peofeoknight
Not all stds are like aids though where they move through fluids. You have genital warts, herpies, and other things which can be spread by the touching of skin in the genital region. Some can be cured, others cannot.
January 22, 2005, 8:03 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=10251.msg96184#msg96184 date=1106423697]
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96182#msg96182 date=1106423562]
[/quote] Define safe sex? Sex with a strange woman and a condom might not be safe, but sex within wedlock with a woman you know would be.

Condom's can't stop all stds.
[/quote]

You should make it clear that, 'within wedlock', is referring to wedlock between a man and a woman. ;)
January 22, 2005, 8:08 PM
Arta
So what? People get ill all the time. Someone coughs on you, you get a cold, you go to the doctor: what's the big deal?

The simple fact is that by following some very simple rules, sex can be made acceptably safe. In the unlikely event that you practice safe sex and still get something, go to a clinic and deal with it! There seems to be an implicit assumption in this debate that STDs are worse than other kinds of diseases, and I don't think that's necessarily true: especially when you consder that the worse STDs, like AIDS, Clamydia and soforth, are readily preventable by using a condom. Sure, you can get genital warts.. go swimming, you might get verrucas. Crabs? Lice. My point is, all of life entails risk, and the risk presented by safe sex is minimal.

I should make clear that I think random, unprotected promiscuity is very unwise and very dangerous, not to mention irresponsible, and I don't condone that at all.

On the larger point, assuming that you practice what you preach, what does it matter if a group of people totally unconnected to you do decide to have unsafe sex? How does it affect you?
January 22, 2005, 8:39 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=10251.msg96189#msg96189 date=1106424213]
Not all stds are like aids though where they move through fluids. You have genital warts, herpies, and other things which can be spread by the touching of skin in the genital region. Some can be cured, others cannot.
[/quote]

Ah, didn't know that.  Thanks for the info.  =)
January 22, 2005, 8:49 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96198#msg96198 date=1106426392]On the larger point, assuming that you practice what you preach, what does it matter if a group of people totally unconnected to you do decide to have unsafe sex? How does it affect you?
[/quote]
People that have unsafe sex & have low morals usu end up with 5-7 kids & cannot support these kids.  These kids grow up having a bad life, committing crimes, & wasting our tax money.

Also, the whole gay issue, my dad brought up a very good point a few months ago.  Don't get me wrong, he's against it but still...if they're gay isn't it their problem...we shouldn't judge, it isn't our right, God will judge them when the time comes.
January 22, 2005, 9:06 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=10251.msg96198#msg96198 date=1106426392]
So what? People get ill all the time. Someone coughs on you, you get a cold, you go to the doctor: what's the big deal?

The simple fact is that by following some very simple rules, sex can be made acceptably safe. In the unlikely event that you practice safe sex and still get something, go to a clinic and deal with it! There seems to be an implicit assumption in this debate that STDs are worse than other kinds of diseases, and I don't think that's necessarily true: especially when you consder that the worse STDs, like AIDS, Clamydia and soforth, are readily preventable by using a condom. Sure, you can get genital warts.. go swimming, you might get verrucas. Crabs? Lice. My point is, all of life entails risk, and the risk presented by safe sex is minimal.

I should make clear that I think random, unprotected promiscuity is very unwise and very dangerous, not to mention irresponsible, and I don't condone that at all.

On the larger point, assuming that you practice what you preach, what does it matter if a group of people totally unconnected to you do decide to have unsafe sex? How does it affect you?
[/quote]

Stop looking for something to argue about, this topic isn't about sex or STDs, it just happened to come up in an example.
January 22, 2005, 10:40 PM
Arta
This is supposed to be a place for debate, isn't it?
January 22, 2005, 10:57 PM
hismajesty
It'd be more suited in the stupid arguments forum, it doesn't deal with the Inauguration at all and not very much with politics.
January 22, 2005, 11:04 PM
Mephisto
Seems to me that once a liberal points something out for debate things get nasty because the conservatives just can't accept that sometimes they're wrong, but I suppose that could be said about liberals.  Trust, this is a forum for debate, and the subject came to morals, and sex is a moral.
January 22, 2005, 11:10 PM
St0rm.iD
The problem here isn't about morals and values and such. It's about the minority being intolerant of the majority. It's about attacking Iraq suddenly means America hates Muslims. It's about Christmas being an attack on Jewish beliefs. It's about everyone feeling entitled to free handouts (THIS MEANS YOU, THE REST OF THE WORLD). It's about everyone feeling that the US's only part in the UN should be funding it.

We give $350 mil while funding other humanitarian efforts, fighting our own wars, cutting taxes, and trying to fix our economy, and we're stingy. Moreso, why should the tsunami relief be viewed as "sucking up" towards Islam? Last time I checked, America didn't do anything to them. It's a completely fabricated war on Islam.

In terms of gay marriage, Republicans will lose eventually.
January 22, 2005, 11:17 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=10251.msg96209#msg96209 date=1106433659]

[/quote]

Stop looking for something to argue about, this topic isn't about sex or STDs, it just happened to come up in an example.
[/quote]
In all reality, I think we should let the immoral people be, until they have children, then we should impose some sort of punishment.  If no punishment was enforced then these immoral ppl will continue their sexual ways & have more children that will inevitably end up committing MORE crime than kids raised in a proper household with proper values.  BUT I guess I don't mind spending millions on welfare & police & prisons & security for all of those immoral people that grew up, we should just say shucks & move on.

Banana fanna fo fanna: Very nice points, I often wonder why we DO we help ANY country, I say screw the overly corrupt UN.
January 22, 2005, 11:20 PM
Mephisto
Corrupt UN?
January 23, 2005, 12:10 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10251.msg96239#msg96239 date=1106439011]
Corrupt UN?
[/quote]

laugh.
January 23, 2005, 12:17 AM
peofeoknight

[/quote] Comdoms do not prevent all stds, as I said. Also, herpes is forever. How can you say an std is not worse then a normal disease. I dunno, these diseases can produce a discharge of various colors from my wang and they say it burns like fire. Does not sound very nice!!!
January 23, 2005, 12:31 AM
CrAz3D
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=295926&page=1

[quote]...
The U.N. oil-for-food corruption scandal only continues to grow in scope. Today, Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., who is leading the congressional investigation into the program, said that U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan should resign because the scandal occurred on his watch
Top officials of the United Nations, including Annan, are accused of looking the other way as some $21 billion meant for humanitarian aid was stolen by the Saddam Hussein regime.
...[/quote]
January 23, 2005, 5:24 PM
hismajesty
I have and entire book on UN corruption.

"Inside the Asylum: Why the United Nations and Old Europe are Worse Than You Think" by Jed Babbin. I've not read the entire thing yet.
January 23, 2005, 6:14 PM
peofeoknight
There is a good book written by Dore Gold (former Israeli ambassador to the un) called tower of Babel.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400054753/qid=1106505273/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-0612848-9729432?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
January 23, 2005, 6:35 PM
CrAz3D
Corrupt UN?
[/quote]I'm beginning to think that someone needs to get off the computer & look @ the TV...or @ least look @ the news on the net.
January 23, 2005, 7:40 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=10251.msg96328#msg96328 date=1106509200]
Corrupt UN?
[/quote]I'm beginning to think that someone needs to get off the computer & look @ the TV...or @ least look @ the news on the net.
[/quote]
I'm beginning to think that someone needs to learn how to type "at" instead of @. :P
January 24, 2005, 5:59 PM
CrAz3D
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at".  By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance  ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents.  If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
January 24, 2005, 6:29 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=10251.msg96457#msg96457 date=1106591362]
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at". By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents. If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
[/quote]

yay for saving 2 seconds of power.
January 24, 2005, 8:37 PM
peofeoknight
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at".  By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance  ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents.  If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
[/quote] A better point would have been dropping one character instead of two into the db would save space.
January 24, 2005, 9:32 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=10251.msg96484#msg96484 date=1106599032]
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at". By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents. If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
[/quote]

[/quote] It takes you two seconds to type 'at'? Use your home row keys man!
January 24, 2005, 9:33 PM
CrAz3D
So long a I continue to use the computer at my parent's house it will save money.  2 seconds can add up to 10 after a while & from there maybe a minute.  After that the possibilites are endless!
January 24, 2005, 9:37 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=10251.msg96494#msg96494 date=1106602410]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=10251.msg96484#msg96484 date=1106599032]

[/quote]

[/quote] It takes you two seconds to type 'at'? Use your home row keys man!
[/quote]

He did it three times.
atatat, ok that took less than 2 seconds, but I rounded up!
January 24, 2005, 9:58 PM
K
Unfortunantly your explanation of why you typed "@" instead of "at" has increased your time spent on the computer by 2-3 minutes.  ;)
January 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
CrAz3D
True, but right now I'm @ work so it doesn't matter!  lol

BUT, if ppl wouldn't question my authoritI we'd be good.

NOTE: I spelled authority like authoritI to best represent how it would be said on SouthPark
January 24, 2005, 10:24 PM

Search