Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Set up Cable MOdem

AuthorMessageTime
!!!
HI HI :), i bought this cable modem, i got my 3com homeconnect 3C450 card pluged in, also installed, it has a TCP/IP-> 3com homeconnect 3C450,  ok so, i got all i need, but i just need other brains to help me out on this setting up, i want to configure this already =\ its been 1 month :( .

Could someone please tell me how to config my TCP/IP or w/e i need to config to make me have internet on that computer please.  I get an ip, but i dont have internet...

Thnx alot!
!!!~
January 16, 2005, 9:28 AM
j0k3r
I'm assuming you paid for an ISP already, if so they should have given you a CD or atleast instructions on how to set it up. You stand a lot better chance of getting it to work by talking to the help guys at your ISP. If you're trying to get internet for free, you're on your own.
January 16, 2005, 11:10 AM
!!!
Well i my brother has internet on his room, "Cable comcast" and, well there happens to be a cable outlet on  my wall, i plugged it to the tv and the comcast channels were working, so i suppouse internet works too, i get an ip but i cannot connected to the internet, no idea why, any help?
January 16, 2005, 11:58 AM
hismajesty
You need to call your ISP and tell them the MAC address of your cable modem. Which reminds me, I need to do th at too for the new modem I bought.
January 16, 2005, 2:25 PM
!!!
But they would charge me, wouldnt they?.... my parents would be mad
January 16, 2005, 10:57 PM
crashtestdummy
Go trade your cable modem in and get a router and either run cable or get a wireless router and a wireless card.
January 16, 2005, 11:10 PM
!!!
Wouldnt  i need to contact Comcast anyways?
January 16, 2005, 11:20 PM
j0k3r
No.
January 16, 2005, 11:25 PM
crashtestdummy
But the comcast route would be a lot cheaper. It will probably only be a few extra dollars to add another IP.
January 16, 2005, 11:39 PM
!!!
Yea see, i've tried this before, thats how i ahd internet there before but me and my brother couldnt play on the same game, in "starcraft"

We had the same Ip's so that is why i baught a new cable modem =\ and i heard i cant do anything about it
January 16, 2005, 11:40 PM
peofeoknight
You should be able to. One of our local lans is on business class cable (the others use fractional or full t1s), and they have 3 ips. We have comcast in our city too. Just complain and tell them if they can't help you you will switch to dsl (preferably online so they think you are the person whose name is on the bill) and they will do whatever the hell you want. We managed to get the newcommer rates for almost two years because of that. Comcast is a little whore, if you bug them they will do whatever you want.
January 17, 2005, 12:02 AM
!!!
Well i have a router, and a along ethernet calble, what do i do next?
The configuration part is a pain in the ass..... i accidently deleted the TCP/IP -> 3come homeconnect 3C450 protocol a while ago,  now it doesnt work....
January 17, 2005, 12:06 AM
LoRd
Up to 8 players can play in a StarCraft game reguardless of their IP's.  The technician you talked to led you in the wrong direction.
January 17, 2005, 4:18 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=topic=10210.msg95507#msg95507 date=1105978685]
Up to 8 players can play in a StarCraft game reguardless of their IP's.  The technician you talked to led you in the wrong direction.
[/quote] !!! is referring to his brother constantly getting ip banned from bnet.
January 17, 2005, 7:11 PM
LW-Falcon
[quote author=!!! link=topic=10210.msg95473#msg95473 date=1105920413]
Well i have a router, and a along ethernet calble, what do i do next?
The configuration part is a pain in the ass..... i accidently deleted the TCP/IP -> 3come homeconnect 3C450 protocol a while ago, now it doesnt work....
[/quote]
Call Comcast and tell them your problem.
January 17, 2005, 7:26 PM
crashtestdummy
No don't call comcast... what kind of router do you have?
January 17, 2005, 8:52 PM
!!!
The comcast cable modem is a Surfboard Motorola SB5120
and the router is a Uniden high speed wireless AP 4 port 10/100 DSL/CABLE router Model: WNR2004
January 18, 2005, 8:56 AM
crashtestdummy
http://uniden.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/uniden.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=104
In case it didn't come with a manual here. If you can't follow instructions post back.
January 18, 2005, 8:59 PM
!!!
Thnx for the link. I Dont really know how to set it so we can have different IP's, i mean... I've tried and IP with My bro's Ip except the last number, but no it didtn work, I read  part of this manual and it doesnt say how computers can have different Ips.  It just said 4 people can connect to this router blah blah and its called a  private Network, but hell.. I'm gonna still read the rest.

If anyone knows an easy way to do this plz feel free to post
Thnx, :D  i g2g read the rest, AFK~
January 19, 2005, 9:34 AM
LW-Falcon
There really is no way you and your brother can have different IPs unless you buy another IP from Comcast, or you can just tell your brother to stop flooding like a little kid.
January 19, 2005, 9:41 PM
!!!
About the flooding, That was a stuipd example i made, now you all think thats the reason i want a different Ip, but the real reason is so that we can join the same game, =\ which we cant, and if we joined somebody else's we both can get in, but he cant see what i type in game or lobby, and the game lags like hell, till one of us drops
January 22, 2005, 11:07 PM
!!!
You'll have to xcuse my 2xpost but :D i returned the cable modem i  bought, and yea i formatted my Hard Drive, Because there was a couple of viruses i couldnt get rid off, and just to start off clean.

Would someone please tell me how to set up my TCP/IP protocol for cable internet?, like just to have it read, for example, (click on obtain ip automatically, dont use DHS(w/e) )

Things like this =] Thnx alot peepz
January 28, 2005, 7:26 AM
Grok
"Obtain IP address automatically".

Same with the DNS servers.
January 28, 2005, 3:23 PM
!!!
[quote author=Grok link=topic=10210.msg97112#msg97112 date=1106925791]
"Obtain IP address automatically".

Same with the DNS servers.
[/quote]

Do you mean Enable DNS server? Thats what it says...  Anyways, if i enable it i would have to fill in a lot of shit i dont know what it is, and i've never had that before, when my internet worked =\
It was disabled?

I know this isnt everything... Anything else guys? Thnx
January 29, 2005, 9:42 AM

Search