Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Command Help

AuthorMessageTime
zeth369
ok im trying to do a "greets on" command that turns on the greets..  heres my code

[code]
'===================greets on command============
    If LCase(Message) = Trigger & "greets on" Then
    If LCase(Username) = LCase(Master) Then frmGreet.Check1.Value = 1
    Call SaveSetting(App.EXEName, "Settings", "Check1", frmGreet.Check1.Value)
    CSB.Send "Greets On."
End If
[/code]

of course.. it doesnt work, or else this post would be pointless.. someone please help
January 16, 2005, 5:12 AM
hismajesty
Do you get an error? Can we see your SaveSetting function and any code that deals with greets?
January 16, 2005, 6:58 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
You really should provide more details, IE: is there an error?  If so, what line?  If not, what's it supposed to do?

We can't help if you give us a small block of code and say "it doesn't work".
January 16, 2005, 4:11 PM
Quarantine
try using vbChecked and vbUnchecked

Also try using a boolean variable set whenever you reload your configuration so you dont have to check your Config every time you want that event to fire, then simply turn it to true when they toggle it on and save config and turn it to false when they toggle it off and save the config. You still with me?

Edit: Might I suggest you switch to using a Select Case for your commands?
If your going to have a thousand if statements its only logical to have one big Select Case to make your code more efficient and to make it look neater as well.
January 16, 2005, 4:25 PM
CrAz3D
Maybe your trigger has upper case characters?...You should check both sides as lower cased

[code]
Lcase(message) = lcase(trigger & "greets on")[/code]
January 16, 2005, 4:41 PM
zeth369
theres no error.. it just doesnt work.. its supposed to check checkbox1 in frmGreet
then save the checkbox1 as checked.. but it doesnt work.. it doesnt check it
January 16, 2005, 5:59 PM
CrAz3D
When things like that come up you're best better would be just to mess with it until you find w/e you did wrong.  Trial & error can be annoying sometimes
January 16, 2005, 7:07 PM
UserLoser.
[code]
CheckBox.Checked = vbChecked
[/code]
January 16, 2005, 9:01 PM
Quarantine
.Checked ?

:P
January 16, 2005, 9:25 PM
Mephisto
Important: Don't use CSB.  If you must, then you're not qualified to program a bot!  :)
January 16, 2005, 9:55 PM
MaDDoG(DA1)
Im starting out on CSB im shure u have used CSB a few times when u were i a noob i think it helps u get the feel before moving to winsock which im tring to do now, but i cant find a damn tutorial
January 19, 2005, 11:44 PM
Kp
[quote author=MaDDoG(DA1) link=topic=10208.msg95805#msg95805 date=1106178265]Im starting out on CSB im shure u have used CSB a few times when u were i a noob i think it helps u get the feel before moving to winsock which im tring to do now, but i cant find a damn tutorial[/quote]

Since you're new here, I'll cut you some slack.  However, it's rather insulting for you to come in and accuse someone else of being dependent on a crutch, despite having no evidence to your claim.

Also, proper grammar and sentence structure will make your posts easier to read.  Posts which can be easily read are more likely to get assistance.  Thus, it's in your own best interest for us to easily understand what you're trying to say.
January 20, 2005, 1:17 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=MaDDoG(DA1) link=topic=10208.msg95805#msg95805 date=1106178265]i think it helps u get the feel before moving to winsock which im tring to do now, but i cant find a damn tutorial[/quote]I had no prior experience with WinSock before writing BNLS Authorizer. I did not need a tutorial, I simply looked it up on MSDN and figured out what I needed from there. If you're intelligent enough, then you should be able to do the same.

As for using CSB... whatever floats your boat. I highly recommend against it, though.
January 20, 2005, 8:24 PM
Quarantine
I think its more of actually getting his bot to make  a successful logon to Battle.net that confuses him not actually making the connection. If for some reason I am wrong and you can make a connection to battle.net but winsock just stumps you (for whatever reason) Im am sure there are alternatives..
January 20, 2005, 9:19 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10208.msg95447#msg95447 date=1105912518]
Important: Don't use CSB.  If you must, then you're not qualified to program a bot!  :)
[/quote]Why not use CSB?  It is a launching pad that help alot of people get into VB.  Just because you think everyone should figure out how to connect to battle.net one their own doesn't mean they should
January 20, 2005, 10:01 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Crazy mormon confused me link=topic=10208.msg95919#msg95919 date=1106258503]
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10208.msg95447#msg95447 date=1105912518]
[/quote]Why not use CSB?  It is a launching pad that help alot of people get into VB.   Just because you think everyone should figure out how to connect to battle.net one their own doesn't mean they should
[/quote]

I don't have a problem with someone using CSB as long as the person 1.) knows how to read an interface spec document and doesn't ask how to get it to work.

That's all it takes.  But 99% of the people who do use CSB can't get past that part.
January 20, 2005, 11:21 PM
Kp
[quote author=Crazy mormon confused me link=topic=10208.msg95919#msg95919 date=1106258503][quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10208.msg95447#msg95447 date=1105912518]Important: Don't use CSB.  If you must, then you're not qualified to program a bot!  :)[/quote]Why not use CSB?  It is a launching pad that help alot of people get into VB.  Just because you think everyone should figure out how to connect to battle.net one their own doesn't mean they should[/quote]

Why not use CSB?  It's a launching pad that helped a lot of clueless idiots get into VB.
January 20, 2005, 11:28 PM
Quarantine
[me=Warrior]cries because he is a clueless idiot[/me]
January 20, 2005, 11:54 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[me=R.a.B.B.i.T]is guilty of using CSB to break into VB6[/me]
January 21, 2005, 12:42 AM
tA-Kane
[quote]Deep in the annals of space and time comes a warrior and a rabbit. They were sent there for punishment and now come back with their sins brushed off like dandruff on your sleeve.

O' doers of CSB, a test you must pass to avoid such punishment, a test you might not treasure. Yet intelligence will prove worthy, since that is all it will measure. Create a basic program and ask little for assistance. Find the answer yourself and the test shall pass.

After the test has passed shall ye receive help, for that is the way it has been done for generations.[/quote]

I have too much time on my hands.
January 21, 2005, 8:45 PM

Search