Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BotNet Client, Help Please

AuthorMessageTime
HdxBmx27
[code]Public Function SendBOTNPacket(Index As Integer, PacketID As Byte)
    If Bots(Index).wsBotNet.State <> sckConnected Then: Exit Function
    Bots(Index).wsBotNet.SendData Chr(BotNetProVer) & Chr(PacketID) & MakeWORD(Len(buffer) + 4) & Buffer
    If Deebug Then AddChat Index, vbBlue, "[BotNet] C->S 0x" & IIf(Len(Hex(PacketID)) = 1, "0" & Hex(PacketID), Hex(PacketID))
    Clear
End Function[/code]
BotNetProVer = &H1 (i've tryed &H1 - &H12)
PacketID = &H1
Buffer = "TestName" & Chr(&H0) & "TestPass" & chr(&H0)

[Info From BNetDocs]
(BYTE)      Protocol Version (Currently 0x01)
(BYTE)      Message ID
(WORD)    Message Length, including this header
(VOID)      Message Data

Upon sending this, I should recive 0x01 back with 0x00 as a response. But Insted my cnnection gets kicked.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to stop from getting kicked off?
I'm working on getting a username and password but SkyWing I guess didnt get my PM, I'll try again.
Any help would be good.
I'm connecting to BotNet.Valhallalegends.com : &H5555
Plz dont state "Try a working Username and pass" because 0x00 dosen't even work, it kicks me off.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 15, 2005, 9:56 PM
Kp
The server will close your connection if the username/password pair supplied is unacceptable.
January 15, 2005, 11:10 PM
Quarantine
When I last tried to make a BotNet client I saw two different versions of the Protocol a version (I think) made by Kp which appeared to be the current one then a different one on the official protocol / BnetDocs then again I havn't looked into it in a few weeks (before BnetDocs was updated) maybe this was updated as well ?
January 16, 2005, 1:08 AM
HdxBmx27
OK well I guess I'll hold off till Skywing gets back to me on the account name >.<
But I should get 0x01 back with the failed response, not just diconnect.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 16, 2005, 1:47 AM
Kp
Hdx: why?  There's nothing a client is permitted to do without a successful hub logon, and if the client knows a valid hub password, it should send one.  It's perfectly reasonable for the server to disconnect someone who fails the hub challenge, and this is what in fact occurs.
January 16, 2005, 7:24 AM
HdxBmx27
Well I was thinking sence BnetDocs states that 0x01 has a failed response that BotNet woul send that befor disconnecting. S you can b sure thats the cause of the failure not something else.But hay w/e I dont run the thing.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 16, 2005, 9:36 PM
Mephisto
Assuming an error response from 0x01 has no additional information in its error report regarding *why* you were disconnected for sending that packet, then you should be able to figure out why you were disconnected anyways.  If you get disconnected after sending 0x01 it's safe to assume that you were disconnected because of an invalid password or account combo.  Also, if BnetDocs says there's an error response from a disconnection resulting from a bad 0x01 message, then it's probably out-dated as IIRC, Kp updated BotNet recently.
January 16, 2005, 9:53 PM
Quarantine
My point in the post above I made.
January 16, 2005, 10:46 PM
UserLoser.
http://www.valhallalegends.com/kp/bnsp-latest.txt
January 17, 2005, 3:18 AM
Mephisto
So if you're using revision 4 then a response is an automatic success, if there is no response then it's a failure.
January 17, 2005, 6:00 PM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10205.msg95446#msg95446 date=1105912432]If you get disconnected after sending 0x01 it's safe to assume that you were disconnected because of an invalid password or account combo.[/quote]That has never really made sense to me; how do you know that it's not your network just keeps failing immediately after you send that packet? Sure, it's most likely will never ever happen that many times at that specific packet, but it's certainly possible.
January 18, 2005, 6:35 AM
HdxBmx27
I agree with you, I think BotNet should Send the Failed Login packet, and then disconnect. So that the users know that they failed the login, and it wasnt just some random dropage.
Also does anyone know who can setup an account for me. For some reason Skywing is eaither ignoting me, or failing to get my messages.
~-~(HDX)~-~
January 18, 2005, 11:23 AM
Mephisto
Just assume it was a forced disconnection from the BotNet server due to an error in your message.  If it continues to happen and you know 100% sure based on your code and packet dumps that everything is correct, verify to make sure that you even have a registered account.  If after that you still disconnect on that packet and you have a registered account then you should see if you can connect to BotNet without disconnecting (with the same code) on another computer/connection and if after that it still continues to disconnect you're probably doing something wrong.  You could also use revision 3 which replys with an error IIRC; and IIRC BotNet has backwards compatability with older versions.
January 18, 2005, 2:46 PM
Kp
Backward compatibility mostly works, but it's flaky in some areas.  Due to a complete lack of TS capable users, I'm unable to install a replacement version to correct these deficiencies.  As for why it drops you without a message: during my testing, I found that the socket-sending code I'd inherited had a tendency to close the connection and *then* try to send the "you've been kicked" message (which of course doesn't work), so I just gave up and removed the notification altogether since it wasn't working.  I've since replaced that design with one of my own that should work better.
January 19, 2005, 5:29 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=10205.msg95620#msg95620 date=1106059577]Just assume it was a forced disconnection from the BotNet server due to an error in your message.[/quote]Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
January 19, 2005, 9:19 AM
Adron
[quote author=Kp link=topic=10205.msg95721#msg95721 date=1106112566]
Backward compatibility mostly works, but it's flaky in some areas.  Due to a complete lack of TS capable users
[/quote]

A complete lack? Is something wrong with TS?
January 19, 2005, 9:23 AM
Kp
[quote author=Adron link=topic=10205.msg95729#msg95729 date=1106126633][quote author=Kp link=topic=10205.msg95721#msg95721 date=1106112566]Backward compatibility mostly works, but it's flaky in some areas.  Due to a complete lack of TS capable users[/quote]A complete lack? Is something wrong with TS?[/quote]

I should rephrase that.  I cannot log in via TS personally, so any install of a new botnet version requires someone to do it on my behalf.  Such installs are usually monitored for a few hours to check that everything is functioning, so both I and the TS'er must be present during that time.  Further, since I've never done the install personally, I don't know what needs to be done beyond service off + copy + service on (and I assume that something more must be needed, or there might've been some interest in finding some way for me to have access to just that functionality so I wouldn't keep bugging Skywing).  Since I don't know what that something is, I can't guide anyone through it, which means the install requires someone who already knows what that is - and is willing to remotely debug with me, which can be tedious since windbg doesn't understand my symbols format (and thus we devolve to reverse engineering the server, heh).

I'd actually considered asking you for help with it, but had rejected the idea due to the time differential (it'd be extremely late for you by the time I can set aside a solid block of time for installing), plus the aforementioned belief that you'd have to do something that neither of us knows how to do. :P

Conclusion: barring an easy way for me to install it on my own, or someone willing to put up with being on call for several hours in a block, upgrades are dead for the immediate future.
January 20, 2005, 1:13 AM

Search