Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BG3 Problem

AuthorMessageTime
Yegg
I can't figure this out but I made a chat client in Python, and when I use BG3 it connects to battle.net fine, and it can send messages (not receive them yet). I also noticed, obviously, that VaporBot can do the same things when it is using a chat client. I then connected VaporBot through BG3, it connected fine, and it wus able to communicate with other users without a problem. My bot written in Python however for some reason stopped having the ability to send messages while being connected through BG3. I'm currently using the following code to send messages, s.send(text + '\r\n'). This code works without BG3 but it won't work with BG3. How is it that VaporBot works with BG3 but my bot doesn't when they have the exact code just converted to a different language?

UPDATE: Nvm, It turned out I was using a muted cdkey.
January 10, 2005, 12:33 AM
DOOM
Yeah, I was going to say the problem was more than likely with your code or with the cd key.  BG3 should work with pretty much any telnet bot out there.
January 10, 2005, 9:54 PM
Yegg
My main problem was that I wasted a whole Sunday trying to get it to talk, not realizing the key was muted.
January 10, 2005, 11:17 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
lol. Thatll teach ya for not using your key anda public 1 :P
January 10, 2005, 11:58 PM

Search