Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development References | Creating an IP Ban Function

AuthorMessageTime
Soul
I need some help guys, On Channel IPBanning, I Have Everything But That If anyone could help me, post If not please don't post junk, Thanks
April 11, 2003, 2:42 AM
tA-Kane
When you /ignore someone, the server also /ignores anyone else logged in on that address.
April 11, 2003, 12:56 PM
Kp
Are you unsure how to have your bot squelch someone?
April 11, 2003, 3:48 PM
haZe
Just make it so if they have the squelched flags, then ban him. (when u use .ipban or w/e send /squelch <name> then /ban <name>)
April 11, 2003, 7:54 PM
Soul
when a flooder/bot or anything on that ip joins a channel that my bot as operator status in, i would like it to ban. Just Like Shadow/Fear/Fuckin'. If you don't know what i mean, then just don't post
April 11, 2003, 7:58 PM
haZe
I just told you, squelch the name and if a name shows up with 0x20 flags, then ban it or w/e!!
April 11, 2003, 8:19 PM
Kp
[quote author=ReaPeR link=board=17;threadid=1012;start=0#msg7578 date=1050091100]
when a flooder/bot or anything on that ip joins a channel that my bot as operator status in, i would like it to ban. Just Like Shadow/Fear/Fuckin'. If you don't know what i mean, then just don't post[/quote]

Instead of complaining you got a bad answer and telling us to go run a program, how about you explain specifically the capability that they demonstrate which you wish to duplicate? Also, I should point out that a properly functioning floodbot is moving too fast to be banned (if it's bannable, then it was not moving fast enough and therefore could not have been functioning properly).
April 11, 2003, 8:52 PM
Eternal
Indeed, if the floodbot is operating properly it isn't easy to ban. You can send the "/ban" command, but by the time you send "/squelch" they have already logged off ;-)
April 11, 2003, 10:03 PM
ILurker
Acually, ip banning is one of the easiest codes,
when someone gets banned, automatically ignore them,
[code]
Private Sub Bot_Info(ByVal message As String)
AddChat vbRed, " ---- " & message
Dim pa222() As String
pa222 = Split(message, " ", 2)
If InStr(1, message, "was banned by", vbTextCompare) <> 0 Then
if ipbans = true then
send "/ignore " & pa222(0)
end if
end if
end sub
[/code]
Then, when someone joins, if the geticoncode returns ICON_SQEULCH, or he has the the squelch flags, ban
him
April 12, 2003, 4:32 AM
Kp
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=17;threadid=1012;start=0#msg7619 date=1050104102]
What, expecting us to write your bot for you?[/quote]

Or at least be telepathic and know precisely what he wants with only vague references. ;)

Also, Eternal: a floodbot that was truly working at optimum capacity would be offline before you even got the "/ban" to the server, much less the squelch.
April 12, 2003, 4:41 AM
Eternal
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=1012;start=15#msg7631 date=1050122474]
Also, Eternal: a floodbot that was truly working at optimum capacity would be offline before you even got the "/ban" to the server, much less the squelch.
[/quote][quote][/quote]

I guess I just haven't seen one operating at optimum capacity...the ones lamers use on my channel are easy to "/ban", but not "/squelch" too ::)
April 12, 2003, 10:54 AM
Yoni
[quote author=Eternal link=board=17;threadid=1012;start=15#msg7643 date=1050144856]I guess I just haven't seen one operating at optimum capacity...the ones lamers use on my channel are easy to "/ban", but not "/squelch" too ::)[/quote]

Here's a suggestion: Squelch first, then ban. If you get floodbots, the first one will be squelched, but it probably won't be fast enough to ban (instead of the other way around). All the next ones will already be squelched, and the bot will ban them (IP ban).
April 12, 2003, 7:16 PM
NeTDeviL
So the first time you ban the person it /squelch's before or after it ban's then when it see's another name with the squelch icon on it, it bans them.
April 15, 2003, 5:36 AM

Search