Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | CD-key hashing

AuthorMessageTime
St0rm.iD
Anyone care to explain how it works? I don't really want code...I'm just interested on how Blizzard does it.
April 11, 2003, 2:12 AM
drivehappy
I may be wrong here, but I'll see if I can explain it.

When you connect to Battle.net and view the packets you will notice the server sends values for A, B, C. Since these are fairly large numbers I'm assuming that it could be a prime factor encryption it uses (www.rsasecurity.com). But, I could be way off. Skywing should know the general gist since BNLS hashes the key correctly ;).
April 11, 2003, 3:21 AM
c0ol
hehe thats CR, and it uses a customized checksum. the cdkey is decoded using some screwball complex method into several values that are hashed using modified a SHA-1 algorithm.
April 11, 2003, 4:11 AM
Camel
[color=red] * Camel points out that c0ol explained _decoding_ cd key[/color]

cd key _hashing_ uses the same function (Broken SHA-1) that you will use whenever you hash something for bnet (unless WAR3 uses a different hashing method, which is unlikely). to hash the cd key you need to first decode the cd key, and then send the values returned through your Broken SHA-1 function.

also note that the old cd key packet (0x36) used a different _hashing_ method--it's basicly the same exact thing, except for a few minor changes that drasticly change the end result.
April 11, 2003, 7:53 PM
c0ol
isnt that what i said?
April 11, 2003, 9:35 PM
Camel
[quote author=c0ol link=board=17;threadid=1011;start=0#msg7594 date=1050096944]
isnt that what i said?
[/quote]
i was just elaborating
April 11, 2003, 10:18 PM
St0rm.iD
Well the general CD key thing lol.