Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | ListView - Icons (Multiple image lists)

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
Is there any way to use two icons from seperate image lists and input them into a listview.

This is what I wanted to do:
I wanted to use a regular battle.net which would be placed on the left and a seperate 'orbish' icon which dimensions are 30x30. If I use 1 image list it will distort the 'orbish' icon. So I decided to use seperate image lists but the listview won't allow you to switch from one another because it switches all the icons during a switch.

Help. :)
December 31, 2004, 3:44 PM
Myndfyr
Subclass and do custom painting?  :)

Or you could edit your icons beforehand so that when you make them into 30x30 they're not distorted.  Say your orb is on a 30x35 canvas right now -- if you make it 35x35 (without stretching), fill in the extra 5x35 pixels with the background color, it should scale correctly down to 30x30.
December 31, 2004, 7:14 PM
KkBlazekK
Will using the SmallIcon and the Large Icon list properties work?
December 31, 2004, 7:14 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=10068.msg93967#msg93967 date=1104520490]
Will using the SmallIcon and the Large Icon list properties work?
[/quote]

No, you can't use more than one image list at once.
December 31, 2004, 7:16 PM
Networks
I took the easy way out and just made the orbs smaller into the fit battle.net icon size so I don't have to worry about anything. Came out well in the end so I am happy :)
December 31, 2004, 9:03 PM
NetNX
eh.. im a fan of customization so id sugjest making a pretty little active x control u can use in all of your future programs :-X and work on it over a long period of time :P you might be able to find one already started at pscode.com
January 6, 2005, 3:57 PM

Search