Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | riddle

AuthorMessageTime
Noodlez
Bobo was walking down the street one day, minding his own business, when he saw a sign advertising a free South Seas cruis. He didn't have anything to do that day, so he decided to go for it. Unfortunately, the cruis turned out to be a cheap trip on a small boat. After a big storm, Bobo and 2 other passengers, Bozo and Hobo, were stranded on a desert island.

They spent their first day gathering the only food they could find, coconuts. THey stacked all of the coconuts into a big pile and went to sleep.

During the night, Bobo woke up and thought that there might be some disagreement about diving up the coconuts in the morning, so he divided the coconuts into 3 piles. He found that there was one coconut left over, so he gave it to a monkey whom had been wathcing him work. He hid his share, put the rest of the coconuts back together in a pile, and went back to sleep.

Later that night, Bozo woke up, and having the same concern as Bobo divided the coconuts into 3 piles. He also found that he had one coconut left over, so he gave it to the monkey. He hid his share, put the rest of the coconuts back into a pile, and went back to sleep.

Still later, Hobo woke up and went through the same procedure. In the morning the 3 men divided up the coconuts and were suprised to find that there were none left over!

How many coconuts did the 3 men collect on that first day?
April 10, 2003, 5:08 AM
tA-Kane
Edit: Kill me, my head's exploding.
April 10, 2003, 6:57 AM
kamakazie
This the answer? [color=#202020]25[/color]

Note: highlight it so as not to spoil.

Edit: haha for the longest time I didn't notice it wasn't hidden ???
April 10, 2003, 8:05 AM
Noodlez
yup, kamakazie got it right

here's another one

62-63=1

change the placement of only 1 digit to make the equation true
April 10, 2003, 11:39 PM
Yoni
Nice riddle :) But I won't spoil it.
Hint: Write it on a piece of paper, it's harder (IMO) to see the solution in notepad (or whatever).
April 11, 2003, 2:45 AM
tA-Kane
Swap the 2 with the 3.
April 11, 2003, 12:45 PM
iago
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=2;threadid=1003;start=0#msg7548 date=1050065157]
Swap the 2 with the 3.
[/quote]

He didn't say swap, he said move.
April 11, 2003, 1:47 PM
Naem
I think I got it.. assuming I can do this:
---
[color=#303030]2^6 - 63 = 1[/color]
---
Highlight above to see (it's invisible).
I don't know of any other possible way to do it..
April 11, 2003, 3:23 PM
iago
I don't think that's legal either..
April 11, 2003, 10:31 PM
Yoni
Actually yes, that's the solution.
April 11, 2003, 10:37 PM

Search